Antoine Griezmann

JMaher94
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Giatan is 27, and he's playing in a 2nd-rate league, and saying that, he's never been an impressive player. 

I think we need to stop signing average wingers and just go on and push for a quality winger like Griezmann, who has regularly delivered for Atletico in the league and the CL. 

From the moment I started taking notice of Griezman (around the CL quater final stages) I have not seen him play on the wing once. Looking at his highlights,  he also doesn't seem to play on the wing. To me he looks to play as a second striker most of the time and thrives in the break away counter attack scenarios. 

I'm all for buying top notch players and Griezmann might work out to be just that, but what i dislike is assuming that they will be better then what we have. It's proven a silly assumption in the past. some times they work out, and some times they dont.

I believe we do need more goals, I thought it was interesting to see Remy come on and play right wing and think it's something we should look at doing more often against teams we expect to dominate possession against.  But it's to easy to dismiss Willians contribution for us this season based on stats. I think we saw yesterday as well, when he doesn't play on the right, Ivan is often exposed. Like it or not that is limiting for a player. 

so because someone doesnt play in the PL he cant be better then average ? did some of y'all watch some benfica games ? i mean the guy won player of the league this year and my good portugese friend who's a sporting hates this guy so much because hes so good , i heard the only reason he was still in benfica is because the ask for alot in return...i take this guy on my team any day of the week !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUJFkrjX4vw

so because someone doesnt play in the PL he cant be better then average ? did some of y'all watch some benfica games ? i mean the guy won player of the league this year and my good portugese friend who's a sporting hates this guy so much because hes so good , i heard the only reason he was still in benfica is because the ask for alot in return...i take this guy on my team any day of the week !!

My problem is that he's already 27 while Griezman is much younger and as @barak81 mentioned, he (Griezman) can play in a number of position. I just feel we'd get better value for Griezman especially if we want to compete with our European rivals.

We're a few steps away from Barca and Bayern's levels, but signing Gaitan will probably not improve or elevate us truth be told. Despite winning the league, we had a very disapointing CL campaign. We were dominated by PSG, and we couldn't even put them to the sword with a full strength team. We need more from this team if we even want to go up against the giants. I just feel Gaitan isn't the player who can elevate us. 

My problem is that he's already 27 while Griezman is much younger and as @barak81 mentioned, he (Griezman) can play in a number of position. I just feel we'd get better value for Griezman especially if we want to compete with our European rivals.

We're a few steps away from Barca and Bayern's levels, but signing Gaitan will probably not improve or elevate us truth be told. Despite winning the league, we had a very disapointing CL campaign. We were dominated by PSG, and we couldn't even put them to the sword with a full strength team. We need more from this team if we even want to go up against the giants. I just feel Gaitan isn't the player who can elevate us. 

couldnt have said it better myself

Can't disagree with that for sure !

Willian has worked he may not scored the goals but his performances this season have been good.

I agree and he is a Mourinho player, his pace and energy are just what he likes. Not sure how Griezmann fits in a starting XI though, he really only plays centrally. We'd have to go 4-4-2 like Atletico.

5568c51dec518.jpghttp://startingeleven.co.uk/user-formation/45896

For me it seems like Oscar is the man left out. Not sure I like this team defensively though. Perhaps Oscar jumps in for Fabregas at times and you could have better rotation. Not sure but I do know that Griezmann would complicate things. I'd leave the starting XI to the man in charge.

I agree and he is a Mourinho player, his pace and energy are just what he likes. Not sure how Griezmann fits in a starting XI though, he really only plays centrally. We'd have to go 4-4-2 like Atletico.

5568c51dec518.jpghttp://startingeleven.co.uk/user-formation/45896

For me it seems like Oscar is the man left out. Not sure I like this team defensively though. Perhaps Oscar jumps in for Fabregas at times and you could have better rotation. Not sure but I do know that Griezmann would complicate things. I'd leave the starting XI to the man in charge.

Greizmann can play wide left, wide right, or off the striker. I don't think it would complicate things at all really.

He seems like a very adaptable player as well, I think he would be a fantastic signing. Although I don't think he could really be a 3rd choice striker, as I don't think he is physical enough to play up top on his own.

He's a Chelsea fan... I think he is one of the better ones when it comes to our news. Afterall, he nailed Mourinho coming back before anybody else

I know he's a Chelsea fan but doesn't mean he's right does it? Personally I think he comes across a smug prat whenever I've seen him on Sunday Supplement

I know he's a Chelsea fan but doesn't mean he's right does it? Personally I think he comes across a smug prat whenever I've seen him on Sunday Supplement

Oh i agree with the smug bit. But there are a few stories he was before most with. Mourinho's return, Filipe Luis, think he was the first to report Costa was signed and sealed too