Pedro

i am not really sure who people want. there are limited options out there for players in the positions we need players. We really only need to add depth because our first team players are not being budged. we also have RLC, Bamford and Traore whom have lots of potential to become awesome players for us, so if we buy pedro and another strong central midfielder (aranguiz would be fine) then i will be happy with what we have. 

Edited by enigma

Indeed but Pedro is hardly just pace, his time at Barcelona show how good he is with the ball at his feet.

Just because a pacey winger failed does not mean they all will.

Actually you're making my point which was that pace alone isn't everything that a player needs and that people on here shouldn't treat it as the be all and end all.

I think Pedro has more to his game which is why I'm quietly excited about signing him.

Seems like a good move to me, Jose is obviously looking at that right hand side, and he does seem to fit that bill perfectly (within a reasonable budget) and it would certainly balance the team up.
The bonus is that it pushes Willian into the central role where he excelled at the end of last season (far better than on the right)
I hope this happens, oh and don't forget it's not as if Jose hasn't seen enough of him first hand !!

Baffling that some people in the previous comments don't think this guy would be good enough. He's an excellent player whom at the age of 19 was being thrown into clasicos and champions league finals and delivering the goods, he is absolutely categorically an improvement for us and I hope it happens

Does Pedro rely on speed, I didn't think it was as much as the likes of robben. I always thought he was more about timing, very lampardesque in his runs into the box.

Anyone think this will happen? I'm unsure but really hoping it does

All the signs point to it.

From his agent to the Barca manager and to his release cause being put in last month.

I don’t want to say it will happen because I’ll be gutted if it doesn’t now but I was like this with nearly every big transfer we have done.

If you look at a lot of Pedro's good moments you can see that he does a lot of the dirty work for Messi, Suarez and Neymar. He get's out of tight spots well and is very intelligent on the ball too. Then there is his end product which is also very good. I really hope we get him to be honest, he could be a very good signing.

Would be a massive upgrade on Cuadrado and Salah as our other options for that position. If we signed him I could easily see him ousting Willian as first choice after a short while as well.

Chelsea's comparative lack of activity in the transfer market this summer continues to raise eyebrows, especially in view of Manchester United's seemingly nonstop spending spree and Manchester City's signing of Raheem Sterling.

Boss Jose Mourinho did, however, hint as much at the end of May when he said: "Other teams are going to improve, invest and not accept Chelsea as champions like this season."

When asked about his current squad, he added: "We like the players. Two or three are always coming to the club -- that's normal."

United manager Louis van Gaal, having brought in Matteo Darmian, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger, is readying United for a title bid, and Sterling will make City's already potent strike-force more threatening.

Mourinho, meanwhile, has overseen the sale of legendary goalkeeper Petr Cech to Arsenal, arguably strengthening Arsene Wenger's defence in the process. Mourinho replaced him with Stoke City's functional Asmir Begovic. In attack, the once prolific Radamel Falcao has arrived on a season-long loan.

The jury's out on Falcao after a dismal campaign on loan at Old Trafford and a tepid Copa America with Colombia, but Mourinho sees no problem with the player.

"If I can help Falcao reach his level again, I will do it," he said before sanctioning the move. "It hurts me that people in England think the real Falcao is the one we saw at Manchester United."

Few would argue that Mourinho has the ability to address the psychological problems the world-class player apparently down on his luck has faced, but the barbed nature of his comments about Falcao has led to accusations the former Atletico Madrid man is nothing more than a vanity project.

Were Falcao to repay the faith Mourinho has placed in him, he could be a significant asset to Chelsea next season, as could Barcelona winger Pedro Rodriguez, the latest big-name player to be linked with a move to SW6.

The transfer grapevine is full of suggestions that Pedro could swap Spain for Stamford Bridge, and in his pomp, he was an integral part of Pep Guardiola's history-makers, who dominated European football.

He also featured in Spain's 2010 World Cup- and 2012 European Championships-winning sides, but that was then, and this is now.

Like Falcao, Pedro's star has waned markedly in recent seasons. Injuries and the arrivals of the likes of Neymar and Luis Suarez have necessitated that decline, and Pedro has found himself warming the bench with alarming regularity.

So, is this another project for Mourinho then or simply another big-money star to pass through the Stamford Bridge door? Blink and you miss them. Andre Schurrle, Kevin De Bruyne, Mohamed Salah -- and what of Juan Cuadrado?

Mourinho has remained tight-lipped regarding a potential move, but there is no doubt Pedro has a career to resurrect. Capable of scoring 20 goals a season, with the ability to play on either wing or through the middle and if given game time at Chelsea, Pedro could be as shrewd a signing as Cesc Fabregas turned out to be.

If the Portuguese coach plans to fully deploy Pedro, there will be changes afoot either in personnel or tactics next season. Oscar continues to be linked with a move away yet remains, but with midfielder Eden Hazard both irreplaceable and untouchable, and Willian continuing to see of the threat of all comers, it will be interesting to see what transpires if Oscar stays.

It's impossible to second-guess Mourinho. Putting his loving arms around Pedro, Mourinho could persuade him to swap one bench for another.

It seems unfathomable that a player of the Spaniard's calibre would accept such a scenario, but then knowing that Diego Costa is the main man up front for Chelsea, Falcao seemed happy enough to sign on the dotted line to join the Blues.

Mark Worrall has penned several books on the history and success of Chelsea Football Club. You can follow him on Twitter @gate17marco.

He would be perfect for us, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and more importantly he's experienced in big games unlike Salah and Cuadrado. I think he would slot right in.

You look at sterling going for 49million, sure he's 20 but I dont think Sterling would go on to become a better player than Pedro in the long run.

I always thought he was mediocre. Good impact sub but at the most a slightly better Walcott/Lennon

Aaron Lennon?

We're talking about a player that has made around 50 appearances a year for the last 6 years for one of the greatest club sides of all time.

Despite not being first choice a lot of the time he's still managed a goal almost every three appearances.

In his two best seasons it was close to a goal every two games.

That's prenominal numbers.

The fact that you think he's just a glorified Aaron Lennon is frankly bizarre.

If Laporte wins the presidential elections, he plans to keep Pedro at Barca. Jose Enrique has also come out and said he would like the player to stay, but ultimately, it's Pedro's decision. 

Hopefully the club has some back up plans if this transfer doesn't work out. 

Aaron Lennon?

We're talking about a player that has made around 50 appearances a year for the last 6 years for one of the greatest club sides of all time.

Despite not being first choice a lot of the time he's still managed a goal almost every three appearances.

In his two best seasons it was close to a goal every two games.

That's prenominal numbers.

The fact that you think he's just a glorified Aaron Lennon is frankly bizarre.

Numbers are squiggles on a page. Particularly easy to achieve when you're playing against Elche and Levante every other week. Michael Owen had similar numbers at Real Madrid.

if we don't sign pedro then we'll have to make do with cuadrado and bamford and/or traore to take up that position, or maybe even keep salah back. I see no reason why we can't compete with the top teams in europe with what we have plus maybe one or two additions to midfield. i mean, we won the CL with an inferior team to what we have now.

CL is based on fortunate draws and the mentality going into those games and we have no idea how our rivals new signings will settle in yet, so i am definitely not going to be negative into thinking we still won't be favourites for the premier league, as well as having a great shot at going far in the CL. If oscar, cuadrado, falcao, ramires and willian step up their game next season we may be very surprised of what we can achieve. those aforementioned players can be just as good, if not better, than any of our rivals new signings when they're on form. 

Edited by enigma

If Laporte wins the presidential elections, he plans to keep Pedro at Barca. Jose Enrique has also come out and said he would like the player to stay, but ultimately, it's Pedro's decision. 

Hopefully the club has some back up plans if this transfer doesn't work out. 

Bartomeu is way ahead apparently

----------Courtios----------

Ivan------Cahill-----Terry----Azpi

-----------Cesc----Matic---------

Pedro-------Willian-----------Hazard

--------------Costa---------

Subs

Begovic

Oscar

Zouma

Falcao

Ramires

RLC

Remy

Imagine that line up then in a game where we need a goal, matic on his own push fab to number 10 and play Costa and falcao upfront...that's a bit tasty

Solid addition, and I think we'd sell someone if he were to come. First I can think of is Moses and Salah, who between the two of them would probably cover the cost of bringing Pedro in.

I read Jose wants use Moses this season but I'm not sure if it's true. I've read it on Pride of London which is publishing most idiotic articles around.

----------Courtios----------

Ivan------Cahill-----Terry----Azpi

-----------Cesc----Matic---------

Pedro-------Willian-----------Hazard

--------------Costa---------

Subs

Begovic

Oscar

Zouma

Falcao

Ramires

RLC

Remy

Imagine that line up then in a game where we need a goal, matic on his own push fab to number 10 and play Costa and falcao upfront...that's a bit tasty

Where's Cuardrado? He's gone?