Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, Chelsbear said:

4 points clear

desteoyed them at Wembley to get to a final.

I know what position id rather be in.

one loss and it's over for them, let them scurry and panic while we do what we have done so many times in the past....win trophies

Amen!

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

4 points clear

desteoyed them at Wembley to get to a final.

I know what position id rather be in.

one loss and it's over for them, let them scurry and panic while we do what we have done so many times in the past....win trophies

Easier said than done when they're such a f**king detestable club. I hate Tottenham from the Pitt of my stomach.

hope Poch goes to Barca and Alli & Erikson get poached and they go back to the sh*tty club they are.

What a terrible second half by Palace - didn't do anything.

John Moss is so useless...Spurs were allowed to do whatever they wanted and Palace were robbed of some clear free kicks. You just know on beforehand that Moss fellow is going to screw us over on Sunday.

What annoys me is the changing narrative in the media when in reality nothing has moved. After last night I read reports saying we're almost there, tonight "The title race is alive and kicking!". If anything we're a game closer... Just wish people would react properly after everyone's played rather than quoting points differences when teams have games in hand.

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Easier said than done when they're such a f**king detestable club. I hate Tottenham from the Pitt of my stomach.

hope Poch goes to Barca and Alli & Erikson get poached and they go back to the sh*tty club they are.

We all hate them but let's be realistic here, we are 4 points ahead and can afford to drop 3 while a single point dropped for them is catastrophic given their remaining fixtures.

We have Conte a proven winner while Poch has won what exactly? 

We have a squad jam packed with winners who have won FA cups, CL finals, EPL Trophies and they have a squad who's won what?

I know we are all nervous and it's annoying they keep winning but it's all in our hands and always has been, they have never been ahead of us and we battered them results wise the other day. 

Beat Everton and we are as good as over the line. Keep the faith mate 

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

We all hate them but let's be realistic here, we are 4 points ahead and can afford to drop 3 while a single point dropped for them is catastrophic given their remaining fixtures.

We have Conte a proven winner while Poch has won what exactly? 

We have a squad jam packed with winners who have won FA cups, CL finals, EPL Trophies and they have a squad who's won what?

I know we are all nervous and it's annoying they keep winning but it's all in our hands and always has been, they have never been ahead of us and we battered them results wise the other day. 

Beat Everton and we are as good as over the line. Keep the faith mate 

All fair points but rationale thinking doesn't work for me when we're this close. Spurs are the form team in the league, we can't defend for toffee, the nerves are crazy right now.

I just want Spuds to get beat every week is that too much to ask :rolleyes:

I said yesterday that i am just going into every game assuming Tottenham have already won all of their games. We win our home games and one away game and we win the title. If Tottenham drop any points along the way then it's a bonus. We just have to make sure we do our bit.

Worrying thing is that if we drop any points against Everton and Spurs win, they will go top before we play vs Boro. Could be a pyschological blow. 

That said, I do expect Spurs to drop the ball somewhere. A better team would have beaten them tonight. 

Just now, JM7 said:

Worrying thing is that if we drop any points against Everton and Spurs win, they will go top before we play vs Boro. Could be a pyschological blow. 

That said, I do expect Spurs to drop the ball somewhere. A better team would have beaten them tonight. 

Seriously though...it's Middlesbrough...at home. You got to be some pessimist to even worry slightly about that game.

I see the incredible, disappearing Zaha was a no-show tonight. Typical. One stellar game every two years against quality opposition and then diddly. Complete fraud of a player. Will be happy if Tottenham waste their money on him in the summer.

5 minutes ago, just said:

I see the incredible, disappearing Zaha was a no-show tonight. Typical. One stellar game every two years against quality opposition and then diddly. Complete fraud of a player. Will be happy if Tottenham waste their money on him in the summer.

He looked utter dog sh*t didn't he? Has a worst first touch than Costa. If they buy him then I agree will be a waste of money. Let's hope it happens.

19 minutes ago, just said:

He was actually pretty good today I thought. He was the only Palace player to carry any attacking threat and put in a defensive shift too.

That said, nowhere near enough quality for a top 4 club.

Well that was annoying. Palace were defending brilliantly but once Sakho got injured they started to withdraw deeper and deeper and began to tire as a unit. I felt like Tottenham would have to do something different to score. Whilst we all probably would have expected Tottenham to win this game it's still frustrating given that Palace held out for 75 odd minutes and it needed a worldie from Eriksen to break the deadlock.

Thankfully we are 4 points ahead and whatever happens after Everton we will still be top of the League. I must say that I am a bit worried about Sunday, Everton have been excellent at home and we need to rise to the occasion. Our defending needs to improve significantly. 

Edited by Celery1989

5 minutes ago, ashwin said:

He was actually pretty good today I thought. He was the only Palace player to carry any attacking threat and put in a defensive shift too.

That said, nowhere near enough quality for a top 4 club.

The guy had 2/3 Spurs players on him constantly, Benteke wasn't even in the game. Tough for Zaha to do much really. 

51 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I said yesterday that i am just going into every game assuming Tottenham have already won all of their games. We win our home games and one away game and we win the title. If Tottenham drop any points along the way then it's a bonus. We just have to make sure we do our bit.

Me to and low a behold they won today, surprise surprise. Beat everton and I will have a bit more confidence because I see spurs matching our 13 game win run. 

48 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I really don't think they will. We have to take the mindset and only focus on our game. Least our team does. 

47 minutes ago, Zero said:

Seriously though...it's Middlesbrough...at home. You got to be some pessimist to even worry slightly about that game.

Crystal palace are not very good either as well and we lost at home to them. Anything can happen if we do not focus and pay due respect to our opponent. 

13 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

Spurs have won 8 league games on the trot for only the third time in their history. The other times they've done that they have won the league. 

Can't believe I'm routing for Arsey Whinger to do the business on Sunday  LOL

Lol well that is not a good omen. Could we really win 13 games in a row, breaking a club record,  and still not win the title?