Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Relegation would cost Swansea £60m plus, probably vastly more in terms of sponsorship, shirt sales, gate receipts etc. They should fine Rashford an appropriate sum, as that was a disgrace. Curious to hear the panel's view.

I think they were pretty fair. The ref was conned, but as Poll said, he didn't have a clear view so shouldn't have guessed.

The replay made it clear that Fabianski didn't bring him down and that Rashford stuck out his right leg to initiate the contact.

Refereeing incompetence - giving a decision he couldn't be certain of.

Player conning the ref - unarguable.

Consequences for the player - his team go 1-0 up. No retrospective action.

Consequences for Swansea - potentially catastrophic.

Edited by Backbiter

5 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I live in Leeds, there's no way I could stomach the Leeds fans if they were in the PL

I can see how annoying that would be, I do miss the games though, would be nice to draw them in the cup next season. 

1 minute ago, jack h said:

So how you feeling about Guardiola now then? Sense some frustration in that post.

Real frustration because you can say he hasn't got his squad of players yet and the same for Mourinho but i doubt Conte was dreaming of working with the likes of Victor Moses and Pedro yet he's got a tune out of them. If you had told me Roberto Martinez and Tony Pulis were both sat in the dugouts for the Manc derby the other night, I'd have struggled to tell if you were joking or not.