Virgil Van Dijk

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

7 minutes ago, comtrend said:

VVD, Christensen,Luiz, Azpilicueta, Cahill and Alonso is more then enough cover, 20mil for Ake with buyback clause is a good deal.

Who says VVD is coming? And the rest aren't more than enough cover...not good enough for all the EPL and CL demands...we were lucky last year with injures...

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

Who says VVD is coming? And the rest aren't more than enough cover...not good enough for all the EPL and CL demands...we were lucky last year with injures...

Well I'm hoping VVD and Sandro comes, if that happens we have 6 players that can cover 3 positions in our central defence, wich should be more then enough. This year we only had 3-4 good CB options and no cover for Alonso for most of the season.

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Some news sites saying Liverpool is still his preferred move.

I wonder if the bin dippers have actually pulled out the race to sign him or if that statement earlier in the month was just them trying to save face? 

I don't think for one minute they've pulled out. They got told off and offered up a soft apology. Their statement of intent is there though I think.

Problem for them is though that other teams are sniffing around him now too

55 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I find it odd, to be honest. If he is a player in demand, why pick Liverpool? Even in England, they're currently behind us, both Manc clubs and Spuds in terms of overall quality.

8 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I find it odd, to be honest. If he is a player in demand, why pick Liverpool? Even in England, they're currently behind us, both Manc clubs and Spuds in terms of overall quality.

Must be their History......:wink:

1 minute ago, jack_super_class said:

Some people still underrating Van Dijk it seems.

Are they really considering the prices being touted ?

60 million for VVD. 63 million for  Aubameyang, 70 million for Moratta, 70 million for Lukaku. 

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I wonder if the bin dippers have actually pulled out the race to sign him or if that statement earlier in the month was just them trying to save face? 

If Liverpool are still in for him after they pretty much admitted to tapping him up, then surely the F.A will have to step in and hand out some sort of transfer ban. The fact that the F.A haven't already done anything yet is ridiculous in my opinion. It was only a few months ago they were given a transfer ban for youth players, to break the rules again so quickly is taking the piss.

5 hours ago, Thebridge said:

It seems these days defenders are costing more than goal scorers

Not true, most top class forwards are now in the regions of 63m+ You could argue that fee is actually the starting point and with wages and agents fee could reach 80m+

15 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Let him go there then. And I hope they find that he isn't half the player he was, due to this ankle injury. It kept him out for five months. That would be my worry if we did sign him.

3 hours ago, evissy said:

Luiz is number 1 even if we get Bonucci. He pretty much made his mark last term. He can lead the line and the troops. He was the best CB in the league.

Sorry but to me Azpilicueta was our best defender last season, not Luiz. When we move to 3/4/3 Luiz was playing great, but after 13 consecutive wins, Luiz form drop a bit. We was concede goals after goals in the last 14-15 matches.

Azpilicueta is the best defender in 1 on 1 situation it`s impossible to beat him 1 on 1. He is good in the air, no matter he is only 1.78.
I don`t see how Azpi could be dropped from the 3 man in the back. To be fair i don`t see Luiz being drop as well.

Maybe Cahill is the weak link in the back 3, but he is our captain and have very good season ans score so much imporant goals for us.

Of course the main duty for defenders is to defend well, goals are just bonus.

Conte need to touch with caution.

It`s a hard sitiation to resolve. But i do think our 3 in the back need improvement. As i said last 15 matches we concede goal after goal.

5 minutes ago, brakeit said:

Sorry but to me Azpilicueta was our best defender last season, not Luiz. When we move to 3/4/3 Luiz was playing great, but after 13 consecutive wins, Luiz form drop a bit. We was concede goals after goals in the last 14-15 matches.

Azpilicueta is the best defender in 1 on 1 situation it`s impossible to beat him 1 on 1. He is good in the air, no matter he is only 1.78.
I don`t see how Azpi could be dropped from the 3 man in the back. To be fair i don`t see Luiz being drop as well.

Maybe Cahill is the weak link in the back 3, but he is our captain and have very good season ans score so much imporant goals for us.

Of course the main duty for defenders is to defend well, goals are just bonus.

Conte need to touch with caution.

It`s a hard sitiation to resolve. But i do think our 3 in the back need improvement. As i said last 15 matches we concede goal after goal.

Don't make this comment mate, @youlots will try to claim you don't know anything about football. :laugh2:

I agree about Azpi though, in a 1 v 1 situation there is no other player i'd rather have there than him. Luiz's form seemed to drop after the horror tackle from Aguero, which in turn led to a shakier defense so i think that shows how important he is to our backline. 

If it ended up being a choice between the two, as much as I rate Bonucci, I would rather spend that kind of money on Van Dijk.

We would get more years out of him and of course he is already familiar with the premier league.

Edited by 2211

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, dansubrosa said:

Words going round on twitter that Southampton have accepted an offer from Everton.

I wonder how Liverpool will feel about the situation? :biggrin:

I wonder how are fans would feel about getting beaten to a player by Everton