Virgil Van Dijk

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guest Sindre
38 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If VVD signs then Christiensen is leaving. 

Wouldn't be overly surprised if he and his father have already talked to Conte recently about wanting to leave. They have said previously they'll leave if Christensen spend any real time on the bench and he almost certainly will if he stays this season. I think he's fifth choice and thats probably not good enough for them.

14 hours ago, DonAntonio said:
I would have him with Rudiger and Luiz, Dave the right back as a right back for the first time in his chelsea career and whoever we can get on the left, in an ideal scenario, one we can afford since we have made money this window not spent it would be

------------------------------Rudiger---------------------------------Luiz-----------------------------------------VVD-----------------------------
Dave--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sandro

That my friend is a proper back line. 

Our front must always be at their very best in every single match else we will struggle to score goals and the positive is Courtois my break the record for the most clean sheets!

7 hours ago, Scott Harris said:
We just bought Rudiger for £30m and have 5 CB's.......i think this story is bullsh*t.
If it is true, then i have to question why we would spend £50m on a position we don't need to strengthen when that money could go towards a LWB, RWB, CM or even another Winger.

Maybe because Conte will sometimes play Cesar as RWB or he wants to replace Cahill with someone better in the starting lineup.

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:
No way would this move Luiz to midfield. He's been immense last season and I can't see why we would move him out of position now?

We move Luiz out of that CB position and we have succeeded in causing more harm than good to the team.

Strange one. I'd have thought that central defence is the one area of the squad we're well covered.

Unless we're looking at bringing him in as a long-term replacement for Cahill. But I thought Christensen and Zouma were lined up for that role.

At this stage of the window I'd have thought our priorities lie elsewhere.

Edited by Socrates

Hi Marina, I need a Wing Back
Hi Marina, I need a Wing Bac
Hi Marina, I need a Wing Ba
Hi Marina, I need a Wing B
Hi Marina, I need a Wing
Hi Marina, I need a Win
Hi Marina, I need a Wi
Hi Marina, I need a W
Hi Marina, I need a 
Hi Marina, I need a C
Hi Marina, I need a Ce
Hi Marina, I need a Cen
Hi Marina, I need a Cent
Hi Marina, I need a Centr
Hi Marina, I need a Centre
Hi Marina, I need a Centre B
Hi Marina, I need a Centre Ba
Hi Marina, I need a Centre Bac
Hi Marina, I need a Centre Back

31 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Non HG PLayers:

Tibo, Willy, Eduardo,

Luiz, Rudi, Azpi, VVD

Moses, Alonso

Kante, Bakayoko

Hazard, Willian, Pedro

Morata, Batshuayi, remy

Thats 16 players. Cant wait for us to get a Homegrown CM, Homegrown LWB and Homegrown RWB. Will be interesting.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has played RWB, CM and LWB...and Rahman should be back around October...

Edited by doctorblue

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

Our front must always be at their very best in every single match else we will struggle to score goals and the positive is Courtois my break the record for the most clean sheets!

Got no idea what you're trying to say or the relevance. 

On a separate note it seems that if we are bidding for a CB it's not because we wanted another CB but because we can't get 2 fullbacks/wingbacks but Dave can play fullback on either side.

It may be the thinking that a CB is easier to get, stupid playing a such a talented Fullback as a CB anyway especially when he is built like a fullback not a cb, he did a great job but he is a better fullback.  

41 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Non HG PLayers:

Tibo, Willy, Eduardo,

Luiz, Rudi, Azpi, VVD

Moses, Alonso

Kante, Bakayoko

Hazard, Willian, Pedro

Morata, Batshuayi, remy

Thats 16 players. Cant wait for us to get a Homegrown CM, Homegrown LWB and Homegrown RWB. Will be interesting.

Moses is homegrown.

We have so much versatility in our back line (outside of LWB) that it really doesn't make much sense to sign VVD.  It's really our area of strength, all things considered.  We have 3 trustworthy CMs to use in a formation where we depend on 2.  There's almost no cover there.  THAT is where we should be focusing right now.  

20 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

I would have him with Rudiger and Luiz, Dave the right back as a right back for the first time in his chelsea career and whoever we can get on the left, in an ideal scenario, one we can afford since we have made money this window not spent it would be

------------------------------Rudiger---------------------------------Luiz-----------------------------------------VVD-----------------------------

Dave--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sandro

That my friend is a proper back line. 

I'm trying my best...

But still the can't see the line anywhere :[

Edited by Jus4abit

I don't understand this signing unless it means that Chiristensen is getting the boot, which is a shame since I feel he's come on leaps and bounds during his loan spell.

VVD brings different qualities to Christensen though - I see him more in David Luiz's position than on the left or right or the 3.

Our loss will be someone else's gain once more I'm sure. 

At least RAWK will be amusing if we sign VVD and they have to keep Lovren and co.

I'd be happy to see Christensen go if we sign VVD, he's clearly better than Christensen and I'd take a high quality defender who's ready to come into starting 11 and become world class over a youth prospect. For me Christensen isn't quite at the level we need him to be at yet. He's a solid defender, premier league quality no doubt but a title contender quality? I don't think he's there yet and I'm not sure if he ever will get there.