Man Utd Vs Chelsea (PL) Sun Feb 25th 2018 14:05 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Realistically, could see us draw this, but not winning it. If Jose plays the right card, 433 with Pogba/Matic etc in, they will over run and out muscle out midfield and put us on the back foot all game. We don't have any real options in midfield, the Kante/Cesc partnership will get caught out in this game, Drinkwater is not trusted and never fully match it, and I aren'g going to mention that other guy. We need to play a big striker, need to have a way to play the ball out and make use of those crosses, with Hazard as false 9 there's no point in crossing.

1 hour ago, zes said:

David Luiz isn't going to be played in midfield when we have Drinkwater and Bakayoko available. Conte already stated he doesn't like using players out of position and he thinks of Luiz as a natural CB. He played in midfield vs Spurs at Wembley because no one else was available at the time. 

Not sure Hazard got that memo.

1 hour ago, Ernie_blue said:

Not sure Hazard got that memo.

Playing a winger/number 10 as a false 9 isn't the same as playing a centre back in midfield. Not comparable. Point is Conte wont play Luiz in midfield if other options are available. And the false 9 has more to do with the lack of options in having a fully fit centre forward than it being down to a tactical setup. 

Edited by zes

9 minutes ago, zes said:

Playing a winger/number 10 as a false 9 isn't the same as playing a centre back in midfield. Not comparable. Point is Conte wont play Luiz in midfield if other options are available. And the false 9 has more to do with the lack of options in having a fully fit centre forward than it being down to a tactical setup. 

There's not buts or excuses, Hazard has played number 9 plenty of times even with fit forwards, a player played out of position so Conte will play players out of position. I have seen Zappa at LWB too.

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

There's not buts or excuses, Hazard has played number 9 plenty of times even with fit forwards, a player played out of position so Conte will play players out of position. I have seen Zappa at LWB too.

The false 9 has been widely used in the past few months when Morata has been out injured and Giroud not being fully match fit. And Zappa has played LWB because Alonso was out injured recently. And Emerson was also not fully match fit returning from a torn ACL. Have you been even following team news and stuff recently? 

The point I'm trying to make is that IT IS NOT THE NORM to play players out of position and he said he doesn't like to in previous press conferences when asked if Luiz will feature in midfield while Fabregas was out injured. You rarely see players being played out of position week in week out. 

6 minutes ago, zes said:

The false 9 has been widely used in the past few months when Morata has been out injured and Giroud not being fully match fit. And Zappa has played LWB because Alonso was out injured recently. And Emerson was also not fully match fit returning from a torn ACL. Have you been even following team news and stuff recently? 

The point I'm trying to make is that IT IS NOT THE NORM to play players out of position and he said he doesn't like to in previous press conferences when asked if Luiz will feature in midfield while Fabregas was out injured. You rarely see players being played out of position week in week out. 

No you don't but Hazard has been playing out of position even last season and this season even with forwards fit so Conte has played a player out of position. It doesn't matter about tactics, form or anything as he has been prepared to do it. I don't see no reason why Luiz would be better than DW and Baka in midfield.

2 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

No you don't but Hazard has been playing out of position even last season and this season even with forwards fit so Conte has played a player out of position. It doesn't matter about tactics, form or anything as he has been prepared to do it. I don't see no reason why Luiz would be better than DW and Baka in midfield.

Again I'm not saying he isn't prepared to do it, I'm saying it is not the norm. How many times have you seen Luiz as a DM alongisde Kante then? I can think of Roma and Spurs this season, 2 matches. And both of those times it was because Fabregas wasn't available. And saying tactics don't matter is silly since Conte admitted he played with the false 9 to 'keep the balance in the team' vs Barcelona. He doesn't just play Hazard up top on a whim tossing a dice to decide in which position he plays each game. 

Just now, zes said:

Again I'm not saying he isn't prepared to do it, I'm saying it is not the norm. How many times have you seen Luiz as a DM alongisde Kante then? I can think of Roma and Spurs this season, 2 matches. And both of those times it was because Fabregas wasn't available. And saying tactics don't matter is silly since Conte admitted he played with the false 9 to 'keep the balance in the team' vs Barcelona. He doesn't just play Hazard up top on a whim tossing a dice to decide in which position he plays each game. 

No he plays Hazard even when forwards are available, Conte plays his best player up front were he looks ineffective and being harsh but doesn't look good. Very rare any manager will play a player constantly out of position unless they have 13 players. You said Conte won't move players out of position with others available, already proven he will and that's what I was alluding to.

I would take Luiz over DW or Baka in midfield in most games.

6 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

No he plays Hazard even when forwards are available, Conte plays his best player up front were he looks ineffective and being harsh but doesn't look good. Very rare any manager will play a player constantly out of position unless they have 13 players. You said Conte won't move players out of position with others available, already proven he will and that's what I was alluding to.

I would take Luiz over DW or Baka in midfield in most games.

My original reply to the other user about Luiz still holds true though. He's hardly ever played as a DM since the arrival of Baka and DD. With Hazard I agree with most of what you said.

I'd like to see the same back 3 as Barca, and moving fwd that same back 3 should play every match barring injury/ suspension, sorry Gazza but that's the nature of football, also want to see a striker up top with Eddie in his favored position, the rest of the team will pick itself, Scum united are trying to match our club for off pitch drama and internal strife so I think the Blues are in with a chance come Sunday. 

3 hours ago, Zeta said:

Think Morata needs to start a game.

Courtois

Rudiger
Christensen
Azpilicueta

Alonso
Kante
Fabregas
Moses

Hazard
Morata
Willian

I agree yet would prefer Giroud for this, too close to risk a whinging player after the first knock being liable to get himself sent off. Needs to mature so for me remains as a sub for now.

1 hour ago, Ernie_blue said:

Zappa has been performing better than Moses for a while now, deserves a place in the team, he is also quicker and will be fit after midweek. There's a reason you buy two players for every position and Zappa is the man in form,

Moses was very good against Barcelona, succeed to stop Jordi Alba very well. 

Wouldn't say he is in poor form.

2 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Moses was very good against Barcelona, succeed to stop Jordi Alba very well. 

Wouldn't say he is in poor form.

Defensively he was good as the team defended as a unit, he wasn't really required to play as a wingback, it was more stick to his position and concentrate. Over the last month or longer Zappa has been better and defiantly going forward. Moses crossing has been awful, one of his worst games was Brighton but the goal masked it.