Where will we finish this coming season? And what will be your top 6?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Where will we finish this season (Honest opinion)   

147 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish this coming season.

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th of below

2 hours ago, Eight Times said:

You know what, if we win the Europa, then I don't care what else happens, 1 it's an underrated trophy, 2. It's a pass to next seasons Champions League.

Will you change your name to Eight and Two Times?

I voted us as second. I still feel like City are the team to beat. They have a well oiled system with a team that the manager and the system needs and can make like for like change with no dip in quality. Liverpool are the dark horse and the contenders who i think have a chance to challenge us for the second spot. I expect them to finish third and for ManUtd to take the last champions league spot. Arsenal and Spurs are going to finish 6th and 5th. 

Its only one game away to Huddersfield but f**k it, I think we'll win the league.

I think theres enough to warrant us to get somewhat excited for the next 37 games.

City are the strongest side in the league but between ourselves, Pool, Utd, Spurs and Arsenal there is very little difference but given our experience of winning titles compared tot he other shower, I think we've more than enough to drive on push City and eventually topple them.

I'm all aboard the positivity train anyway, choo choo motherf**kers.

I don't think we're better than City or Liverpool at the moment. I think it may take a bit more time for us to get going and wouldn't be surprised if we drew couple and maybe lost a game in the next few weeks. I think by that time Liverpool and City would be ahead of us by a few points. Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Us will likey be battling for the remaining two spots. I do think being in the Europa helps ease the pressure a bit because we have that other way of entry into CL other than top four to focus on. 

While it's still a bit early, I really can't see past another comfortable title for City. They were absolutely miles ahead last year and although they only added one player, I think their biggest improvements will come through increased squad cohesion. Their squad is incredible in talent and depth after all. Perhaps Liverpool will be closer this year and delay the point at which City can't be caught but, I still can't see them not messing up at home to Huddersfield and Wolves. United might be just as good a bet for second as Liverpool as whilst they don't look great, I think like last year they will just plod their way through a good number of uninspiring 1-0 and 2-1 like results. So that leaves us, Spurs and maybe, just maybe Arsenal after the last top four spot. I think we'll be a lot easier on the eye this year, that we'll probably get one or two spectacular wins in both style and scoreline but, certainly in the settling in period for Slugworth and his squad, we'll probably drop a few points thanks to some wasteful finishing and trying to work out what the best back four is. Plus, I think we've signed a good keeper but he'll most likely take a year to find his feet too, especially with what I feel isn't going to be the best back four in the league this year. Oh, and of course, when has playing in the Europa League from the start ever done anyone any favours?

• 2 weeks later...

United look like garbage so far. I'm feeling super confident about us getting top 3, although where in that 3 I have no idea. We've started gelling as a team far faster than I thought we would (although obviously still tons of work to do defensively). 8 goals in 3 is a great start. I think our fixture list has been very kind of us this year, and the next three look very, very winnable. Hopefully by the time we meet Liverpool our defence will have started to come together properly, and we can have a real test of the new system. COYB!

On 13/08/2018 at 10:55, Delnino said:

Its only one game away to Huddersfield but f**k it, I think we'll win the league.

I think theres enough to warrant us to get somewhat excited for the next 37 games.

City are the strongest side in the league but between ourselves, Pool, Utd, Spurs and Arsenal there is very little difference but given our experience of winning titles compared tot he other shower, I think we've more than enough to drive on push City and eventually topple them.

I'm all aboard the positivity train anyway, choo choo motherf**kers.

A further 2 games on from this we're joint top and well on course to winning the league, like I said we would.

Utd are about 2 or 3 results away from a complete Mourinho meltdown and sacking so thats potentially 1 rival done already.

Will update this on on Saturday after our 4th win on the spin. :D

I'm more confident now, then I was at the start of the season about finishing top four. I thought we'd start slow and get better (I still do to be fair), but we've wound up with 9 points from 9, which is awesome.

Spurs, Liverpool and City all look very dangerous...but I'd be surprised to see us behind United and Arsenal at the end of the season. Top four is very much acceptable for me. I find a title challenge this season to be unrealistic...but we'll see. I'd love a top four finish and a win of the Europa League.

45 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I think City will drop more points without De Bruyne, I think he would have made the difference against Wolves though still to close between them and Pool for me.

Still think we will come 3rd.

1.City

2.Liverpool

3.Chelsea

4.Arsenal

5.Spurs

6. Utd

Swap Arsenal and Spurs around and I think your spot on, if we had Costa up top and stop persisting with luiz then I would be bold and say us first!

Europa league will benefit us. We have that to fall back on in case the top four becomes a struggle. Also, the Europa is weaker than CL and means we can rest players. Our other rivals cannot do that due to being in the CL and needing to play a strong team in the group stage and onwards. I am confident we can make top four though, but It will be interesting who we buy in January to help us strengthen. 

I think 3rd is very realistic for us and I’m hoping we will go right to the end. If we can get a CB in jan and Morata starts scoring, no reason we can’t challenge and win a trophy or two,  we have a very good team, squad and manager, the way I feel compared to 2 weeks before the start of the season is night and day...

On 28/08/2018 at 10:50, Delnino said:

A further 2 games on from this we're joint top and well on course to winning the league, like I said we would.

Utd are about 2 or 3 results away from a complete Mourinho meltdown and sacking so thats potentially 1 rival done already.

Will update this on on Saturday after our 4th win on the spin. :D

4 from 4.

We're well on the way to winning the PL.

By the end of September we'll have won 7 in 7 beating Cardiff, West Ham and Pool.

1 hour ago, Delnino said:

4 from 4.

We're well on the way to winning the PL.

By the end of September we'll have won 7 in 7 beating Cardiff, West Ham and Pool.

What’s our best ever start to a season I wonder?

Loving it so far. It seems like a happy camp.

Edit- 2014/2015 W10 D3 was pretty convincing......

Edited by Ewell CFC

6 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

What’s our best ever start to a season I wonder?

Loving it so far. It seems like a happy camp.

Edit- 2014/2015 W10 D3 was pretty convincing......

2005/06 we won our first 9 and 20 out of our first 22.

On 28/08/2018 at 21:47, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I think 3rd is very realistic for us and I’m hoping we will go right to the end. If we can get a CB in jan and Morata starts scoring, no reason we can’t challenge and win a trophy or two,  we have a very good team, squad and manager, the way I feel compared to 2 weeks before the start of the season is night and day...

We are okay for centre backs in my opinion, Christiansen and Ampudu are fine, Luiz is just waiting for a major mess that will cost us, it's bound to be Liverpool game! A bew Centre forward is a must though

I'd be very disappointed if we don't at least get top 4.

We look in a much better place than Arsenal who have a new manager and system .

Jose and Utd are one or two games away from a meltdown and dropping out of the top 4 too.

Spurs look paper thin, if they get any injuries or suspensions their pretty much f**ked.

City and Pool are the only teams that I'd say could finish above it, I'd have no problem finishing top 4 as long as Pool don't win the PL.

On 04/09/2018 at 12:09, Delnino said:

I'd be very disappointed if we don't at least get top 4.

We look in a much better place than Arsenal who have a new manager and system .

Jose and Utd are one or two games away from a meltdown and dropping out of the top 4 too.

Spurs look paper thin, if they get any injuries or suspensions their pretty much f**ked.

City and Pool are the only teams that I'd say could finish above it, I'd have no problem finishing top 4 as long as Pool don't win the PL.

Last year it was a collapse in the whole system and yet we got till 5th so having that in mind if the majority of our players enjoy their game now with Sarri, a slightly better performance should be enough of an adaptation for reaching at least top 4!