Barry Bridges

Two Transfer Window Ban?

1 minute ago, mclovin83 said:

Sounds really bad at face value, but history suggests that this is likely to be reduced to a one window ban.

I am certain we will appeal, which probably means that one window will be next January. Not really a disaster if that is the case.

Worst case scenario we  bring back some younger players out on loan; James, Mount, Abraham etc and actually play the likes of Ampadu, CHO, RLC etc.

Starting to get on board with the ban to be honest... ;-)

I'm strangely excited by it tbh. 

Friendly reminder that Sarri hasn't been at one youth-game all season. He doesn't have much interest in the youth and if we think he's the man to bring the youth through i think we are fooling ourselves.

And we certainly don't have any bigger talents than Hudson Odoi at the club and he's already handed in one transfer request under Sarri's leadership. And i think he leaves if Maurizio stays. 
We certainly don't want that at this point.

I would assume we're going to appeal the decision which will likely postpone the first window ban until January 2020. 

I'd imagine we'll be trying to get this reduced to one window, which if it's a January window wouldn't hurt us too badly anyway. 

Worse case and we're banned for two windows starting this summer then it becomes even more important to be giving minutes to the likes of CHO and Ampadu because we might be needing them next season. 

2 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Friendly reminder that Sarri hasn't been at one youth-game all season. He doesn't have much interest in the youth and if we think he's the man to bring the youth through i think we are fooling ourselves.

And we certainly don't have any bigger talents than Hudson Odoi at the club and he's already handed in one transfer request under Sarri's leadership. And i think he leaves if Maurizio stays. 

He might mot have a choice!

14 minutes ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

Well it's going to get quiet in here, since we can sign any players until the summer of 2020...

Of course we can still sell players but I would hope that we don't because if we start that we'll be unable to strengthen. I guess this means Kovatic will be going back to Real too.

We've all been moaning for years about not making good use of the academy and now we might just get the chance in a way that would unlikely to have happened in any other season. 

If Sarri stays we could have a very productive summer in terms of  bringing through the youngsters to the first team.

I do see a number of transfers coming back to the bridge.

The loans to us will be interesting - Kovacic and Higuaín- how will these be treated.

We'll appeal the decision, like all the other clubs do, and it'll buy us time to spend in the summer. If appeal works, they may cut the ban down to one window, which will only cost us next January.

In any case, hopefully that forces the club to start using our youth more, by all accounts we have the most talented generation coming through the academy in the last couple of years.

Just now, Sindre said:

Friendly reminder that Sarri hasn't been at one youth-game all season.

But last week he apparently watched first team players get HUMILIATED in a 3-3 draw against them

11 minutes ago, MANoWAR said:

Club has to get it right this summer - or else Chelsea are f**ked for years. 

Youth is imperative

yeah but there's no chance that that many are ready to make such a step up. Only CHO and RLC, possibly James. 

And possibly Ampadu.

16 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Does that mean release as in allowing a player's contract to expire or release as in sell? 

The wording of the FIFA statement was "does not prevent the release of players."

I presume that means releasing them from their contract which I would assume includes selling them. 

The ban relates to us not being allowed to register any new players everything else would be business as usual. 

The ban basically means we’re not allowed to register new players, we can sell players and we can buy players but we won’t be able to register them to play until after the ban expires. 

9 minutes ago, Sindre said:

The irrational condemnation for Sarri is so odd. 

This is why we bought Pulisic. Can't help but think it wasn't the best way to spend so much money though. In my opinion, we need an elite striker, left footed RW, centre back, another full back, and a creative (preferably goal scoring too) midfielder. For any other squad places we can take it up with some of the youth on loan. 

Edited by enigma

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

The irrational condemnation for Sarri is so odd. 

Only last evening he said we would need to sell one of our wingers for Hudson Odoi to get more playing time.

Now, what kind of nonsense is that? First of all we won't be selling anyone until at least the summer so we can clearly confirm Hudson Odoi won't be playing much until May.
And that will in my opinion be too late for keeping CHO.

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Only last evening he said we would need to sell one of our wingers for Hudson Odoi to get more playing time.

Now, what kind of nonsense is that? First of all we won't be selling anyone until at least the summer so we can clearly confirm Hudson Odoi won't be playing much until May.
And that will in my opinion be too late for keeping CHO.

We won’t be selling CHO I dont think. Likely to run down his contract and let him leave on free if he doesn’t want to sign a new contract. Hazard is leaving for sure so I can’t see us letting both Hazard and CHO leave

Apparently the FA have been fined as well for breaching the rules. Presumably Chelsea’s argument will be that they were following the FAs rules and it will be reduced to 1 transfer window. If it’s timed right, it will be January 2020 which isn’t the disaster that it’s made out to be. 

Statement from the FA, who were also fined: 

"The FA notes the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee published today. The FA has cooperated fully with FIFA’s investigations, although we have raised some concerns with FIFA regarding its disciplinary processes.

The FA intends to appeal the decision. We will however continue to work with FIFA and Chelsea in a constructive manner to address the issues which are raised by this case."

So looks like the FA don't possibly agree with FIFA interpretation of the rules maybe?

We are appealing 

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/2/22/chelsea-fc-statement?fbclid=IwAR1B-lCs6iP-CxlbVaSmyQcdhMHejGjOCTIwWbKyBSUNOeLqo9-4WC4oiuo

Chelsea Football Club has today issued the following statement.

Chelsea FC has today received a decision from the FIFA Disciplinary Committee concerning alleged breaches of the FIFA Regulations that relate to the international transfer of players under the age of 18. The decision imposes a transfer ban of two consecutive registration periods and a fine of 600k Swiss francs. Chelsea FC categorically refutes the findings of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee and will therefore be appealing the decision.

The club wishes to emphasise that it respects the important work undertaken by FIFA in relation to the protection of minors and has fully cooperated with FIFA throughout its investigation. Initially, Chelsea FC was charged under Articles 19.1 and 19.3 in relation to 92 players. We welcome the fact that FIFA has accepted that there was no breach in relation to 63 of these players, but the club is extremely disappointed that FIFA has not accepted the club’s submissions in relation to the remaining 29 players. Chelsea FC acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and will shortly be submitting its appeal to FIFA.

15 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Apparently the FA have been fined as well for breaching the rules. Presumably Chelsea’s argument will be that they were following the FAs rules and it will be reduced to 1 transfer window. If it’s timed right, it will be January 2020 which isn’t the disaster that it’s made out to be. 

FA can pay that fine with all the fines they've given us over the years. 

Well this a huge blow for all the clubs that take our sh*tty signings on loan after we've learned that we've signed another flop. What will the likes of Atletico and Milan do now?