Todd Boehly & Co buy Chelsea FC

Old Shaggy
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

13 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

To this day we are still the only English club that's interviewed Amorim. He's denied even speaking with Liverpool and West Ham haven't even approached him. He's focusing solely on Sporting which makes complete since given they are on route to complete the double. 

I think there's more than enough smoke around him that he's probably engaged with Liverpool and West Ham in some way. 

Obviously he's going to deny it. But his stock is high, he needs to move this summer. 

1 hour ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Owners aren't asking for this group to go and win the league, they are asking for progress and at the bare minimum qualify for Europa League, which this squad should be doing. 

And despite the gaslighting we have endured all season about no one wanting to work under this ownership or about our players not being good enough (despite top clubs/rivals competing us for the likes of Caicedo/Enzo/Lavia/Nkunku/Mudryk) there are still reports that top coaches would jump at the opportunity to be here. 

I have no doubt many coaches would take the job. 10mill a year both Potter and Poch were put on.  

Bar is so low right now if you are worth your salt you can improve your reputation a little.

Poch is not, and likely his replacement won't be as the same people that took 3 month to decide Poch was the best option  would pick his successor.

50 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I think there's more than enough smoke around him that he's probably engaged with Liverpool and West Ham in some way. 

Obviously he's going to deny it. But his stock is high, he needs to move this summer. 

Didn't he just recently fly in to London to be interviewed by both Pool and West Ham? Is he even a top manager or another Villa's Boas?

On 24/04/2024 at 11:15, big blue said:

Sadly that is probably true. 

With the players we own though. Surely a Tuchel or Amorin could field a competent side that is top 6.

Petrovic

James Chalobah Colwill

Gusto Caicedo Enzo Maatsen

Palmer Nkunku

Lukaku

Maybe fix the medical department, and bring in a competent manager this summer. 

6 of those players weren't even  available for Poch the other night

4 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Superb video Axe , every fan on here needs to watch it . Thanks

Totally spot on. And actually it also makes more sense that they picked Poch as manager given this information. It wasn't so much the Spurs Poch that they were interested in, but the one at Southampton who was manager around the time that so many of their players caught the attention of the bigger clubs and were ultimately sold for bug profits (e.g. Hojberg, Mane, Van Dyk etc.) For the same reason, when they replace Poch, they will target a manager who can maximize the chances that the value of so many of these players increases.

Obviously they will be delighted if we have success on the pitch as that will only bring in more money. But their focus on turnover of players is designed to reap profits even if we are stuck in mid table.

That video supported what many believes, they basically spend billions to make us into a player farming, sell for profit business. We don't need to be good on the field for them to make money, as long as we keep selling for profits. At least Brighton and Red Buill didn't spend billions to make their business work.

Chelsea have ended their “U25 transfer rule” and are looking to balance out the squad in the summer. (Simon Philips)

This is a big win for us all, however we can't celebrate too soon as their recruitment strategy for over 25s could be woeful too. It was previously with KK, Sterling and PEA. Hopefully lessons are learned and we get in a sporting director that knows elite talent over the age of 24/25. Big news though guys!

GMBwn_PXEAAqQ0J.jpeg

On 24/04/2024 at 17:50, axman2526 said:

Good video about how control functions within the ownership and comments from Todd and Eghbali:

Interesting video but does not say anything new and, most importantly, doesn't provide a shred of evidence for what they claim (and I'm not saying it is not true but, without evidence it is just another opinion). I can agree partly with the claims, but the whole farming footballers club does not add up because we have acquired players for fees that would be paid for world class and they are probably loosing their value if we remain in mid table. The only player that has increased his value has been Cole Palmer, the others will be hard to shift at present and break even.

2 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Chelsea have ended their “U25 transfer rule” and are looking to balance out the squad in the summer. (Simon Philips)

This is a big win for us all, however we can't celebrate too soon as their recruitment strategy for over 25s could be woeful too. It was previously with KK, Sterling and PEA. Hopefully lessons are learned and we get in a sporting director that knows elite talent over the age of 24/25. Big news though guys!

GMBwn_PXEAAqQ0J.jpeg

It's Simon Phillips, who once every blue moon gets something right. 

Let's hope he is here. 

2 hours ago, RMH said:

Interesting video but does not say anything new and, most importantly, doesn't provide a shred of evidence for what they claim (and I'm not saying it is not true but, without evidence it is just another opinion). I can agree partly with the claims, but the whole farming footballers club does not add up because we have acquired players for fees that would be paid for world class and they are probably loosing their value if we remain in mid table. The only player that has increased his value has been Cole Palmer, the others will be hard to shift at present and break even.

I'd argue Gusto has increased his value as well and, without kicking a ball for us, so has Kendry Paez.

However I get your point on players like Enzo and Caicedo, really hard to see making a profit on them.

28 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I'd argue Gusto has increased his value as well and, without kicking a ball for us, so has Kendry Paez.

However I get your point on players like Enzo and Caicedo, really hard to see making a profit on them.

Yes, I agree, Gusto definitely has increased. Enzo, Caicedo, Jackson, Madueke, Mudryck, Badiashille, Disasi, etc all probably will be valued lower than when they came.

7 minutes ago, RMH said:

Yes, I agree, Gusto definitely has increased. Enzo, Caicedo, Jackson, Madueke, Mudryck, Badiashille, Disasi, etc all probably will be valued lower than when they came.

Nobody said they are doing it well so far lol

18 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Nobody said they are doing it well so far lol

In terms of copying the Brighton / RedBull model ‘like for like’ that is a big reach, the doom and gloom is real but that’s taking it to extremities for engagement. There isn’t a better revenue model than a success model, there isn’t a mid-table club in the Deloitte Money league top 10. Granted Tottenham are in the top 10 but they did have a bottler like Poch whimper they way out of trophies and finals, so. 

11 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

This is quite interesting considering I expected they'd be heavily involved, Egbhali especially as it was already known that Boehly was taking a step back a while ago 

Dead man walking when your employers aren't talking to you anymore. 

Still believe the league cup final defeat may have been the final straw for some of the owners. 

40 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

This is quite interesting considering I expected they'd be heavily involved, Egbhali especially as it was already known that Boehly was taking a step back a while ago 

So it’s two sporting directors making the stupid decisions. They seem to be flying under the radar letting the manager take the blame.

Until these two idiots leave I don’t think we can progress.

11 minutes ago, El regreso said:

So it’s two sporting directors making the stupid decisions. They seem to be flying under the radar letting the manager take the blame.

Well several reports have them painted as Eghbalis yes men. So why have a dog and bark yourself?

1 hour ago, El regreso said:

I think Vivell and Shields could well have ben a good partnership. One the SD the other heading up recruitment. Instead we threw that away and are left with these idiots.

3 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

I think Vivell and Shields could well have ben a good partnership. One the SD the other heading up recruitment. Instead we threw that away and are left with these idiots.

There was rumours that Vivell was sidelined by Stewart and Winstantley. Felt that there was a power grab which he lost.