coco

Chelsea vs Wolves (PL) Sun 10th Mar 14:05 GMT

If all goes our way ManU and Arse draw and we get 3 points.

Wolves are definitely no pushover and I think the boys will need to play their best.

Need to be at our best to beat Wolves tbh, they have been sensational this season and probably the best team outside the top 6. 

46 minutes ago, ENygma said:

Need to be at our best to beat Wolves tbh, they have been sensational this season and probably the best team outside the top 6. 

Agree totally, I can see so many ways in how they can unpick us yet just the same think we will win though how is anyone's guess.

It is crucial we take this one very seriously, especially with the the ARS-MU game this weekend .They are easily the best team out of the top 6 and have the potential to punish us similarly to Bournemouth.Let`s hope we have luck on our side (which hasn`t been the case for most of the season)  and get the win as whatever happens in the above mentioned game we will get in a good position for top 4 even without considering the game in hand we have.

Most of our remaining away fixtures look tricky so we really need to make sure we pick up wins in our home games to give ourselves a chance of top 4. Wolves have had a very good season but we really need to win games like this if we have any hope of finishing top 4. That being said it comes after a tough trip to Kiev so no doubt our players will be weary, especially towards the last 30 minutes of the game. I hope we rotate sensibly over the next couple of weeks as we really need to keep the players as fresh as possible. I ca see this being another close game. If we manage to win it will probably be another case where we have to grind out a result.

10 hours ago, forbzy said:

Most of our remaining away fixtures look tricky so we really need to make sure we pick up wins in our home games to give ourselves a chance of top 4. Wolves have had a very good season but we really need to win games like this if we have any hope of finishing top 4. That being said it comes after a tough trip to Kiev so no doubt our players will be weary, especially towards the last 30 minutes of the game. I hope we rotate sensibly over the next couple of weeks as we really need to keep the players as fresh as possible. I ca see this being another close game. If we manage to win it will probably be another case where we have to grind out a result.

Game on Thursday is at home. We play Everton away next Sunday after going to Ukraine. Hopefully build up a good lead in the first leg.

55 minutes ago, DP2 said:

Game on Thursday is at home. We play Everton away next Sunday after going to Ukraine. Hopefully build up a good lead in the first leg.

Logically puts even more pressure on us to get 3 points vs Wolves as after Ukraine away and travelling to Everton the pre Everton training time will be small.

5 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Logically puts even more pressure on us to get 3 points vs Wolves as after Ukraine away and travelling to Everton the pre Everton training time will be small.

Agreed. It probably would have been easier to have a home game after our trip to Kiev. Everton Away will be tough.

Need to keep wining in the league. Wolves are no mugs and i wouldn’t be surprised to see a draw.

Kepa 

azbi rudi luiz alonso 

Kante jorginho loftus 

Willian Higuaín hazard 

Posted (edited)

Finally....back at the Bridge after four long years (last games Chels - Liverpool 1:1 in 2015). Can't wait, even though Wolves are the most dangerous teams outside the top six. But after three important wins, I'm confident for this one:

Kepa
Dave Rüdiger Luiz Alonso
Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Higuain Hazard

Even though I wish RLC would start instead of Kova

Edited by Erdal1905

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Kepa

Azpi  Rudiger  Luiz  Emerson

Jorginho

Kante       Kovacic

Willian    Higuain       Eden

Based on who was rested and the opposition, and barring late injuries the above will likely be the team to start.

Edited by Strider6003

20 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Based on who was rested and the opposition, and barring late injuries the above will likely be the team to start.

What i posted is what i wanted to see, not what i expect to see.

Also, didn't Kovacic play the full 90 last night?

17 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

It was Barkley who was subbed yesterday, so I guess we will see a midfield of Barkley Jorginho Kante. I agree that it is likely that William will probably play alongside Hazard and Higuaín.

2 minutes ago, RMH said:

It was Barkley who was subbed yesterday, so I guess we will see a midfield of Barkley Jorginho Kante. I agree that it is likely that William will probably play alongside Hazard and Higuaín.

Agree it could well be Barkley rather than Kovacic. Suppose it depends on how Sarri rates Wolves in terms of how defensive he starts out.

On 03/03/2019 at 11:00, quik said:

If all goes our way ManU and Arse draw and we get 3 points.

Wolves are definitely no pushover and I think the boys will need to play their best.

Well with Hazard rested, that is a good thing - the only thing that makes me worry about this match is that when Wolves begin to kick the sh*t out of Chelsea, can the players stay strong & on the course to victory? That is what happened in the match at The Molineux - IMHO This is a must win match for Chelsea - The match will be played on Chelsea's Birthday - hopefully we have a Very Blue Day!!!

With the transfer ban upheld while we appeal, Kovacic suddenly has no long term future at Chelsea. I would prefer that the likes of Barkley and RLC are picked ahead of him since they will be needed next season. Higuain is in the same position but we our other options for next season are on loan. I would like to see:

Kepa

Azpi  Rudiger Luiz Emerson

Jorginho Kante RLC

CHO Higuain Eden

But I suspect we will see either Barkley or Kovacic instead of RLC, and Willian instead of CHO.