Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Bulka was never going to stick around. 

At PSG he only has Areola to get past, and he has been in and out of the team since hes been there. 

There is no way he wouldve gotten ahead of kepa with the amount we spent on him.

Good luck to him, i think he will be a very good keeper in the next 5 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, big blue said:

Bulka was never going to stick around. 

At PSG he only has Areola to get past, and he has been in and out of the team since hes been there. 

There is no way he wouldve gotten ahead of kepa with the amount we spent on him.

Good luck to him, i think he will be a very good keeper in the next 5 years.

Don't they have Buffon and Kevin Trapp too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see why Bulka wants to leave with Kepa in the team. But I do still want him to stay. He could easily replace Willy in a few years time and be a regular for lower tier competitions like Carabao and early FA cup rounds! 

If we do end up selling him, I hope its with a buyback clause

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ENygma said:

I see why Bulka wants to leave with Kepa in the team. But I do still want him to stay. He could easily replace Willy in a few years time and be a regular for lower tier competitions like Carabao and early FA cup rounds! 

If we do end up selling him, I hope its with a buyback clause

He has left already for PSG. Replace Caballero in a few years? He is going to be 38 at the start of the season. Think we handled Bulka badly personally. Made no sense keeping 2 37+ goalkeepers on our books last season considering how good he looked in preseason, and how little Caballero ended up playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Real shame.

He was the one youth keeper who looked really promising. Don't get me wrong, Kepa is very decent but we spunked, what, £70M on him when we had a really good young keeper on our books who could turn out just as good, maybe better. Hope we got a massive fee from PSG if it is confirmed, as promising keepers are hard to come by and PSG aren't short of a few quid.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ducavis said:

He has left already for PSG. Replace Caballero in a few years? He is going to be 38 at the start of the season. Think we handled Bulka badly personally. Made no sense keeping 2 37+ goalkeepers on our books last season considering how good he looked in preseason, and how little Caballero ended up playing.

I suppose, but as a keeper 38 isn't as crazy as it may seem. Plus nothing to me suggests that at this stage that Bulka is better than Caballero. 

3 hours ago, Nibs said:

Real shame.

He was the one youth keeper who looked really promising. Don't get me wrong, Kepa is very decent but we spunked, what, £70M on him when we had a really good young keeper on our books who could turn out just as good, maybe better. Hope we got a massive fee from PSG if it is confirmed, as promising keepers are hard to come by and PSG aren't short of a few quid.

 

Better than Kepa based on what exactly...? 

This ridiculous hype of some of our youth players really needs to stop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ENygma said:

I suppose, but as a keeper 38 isn't as crazy as it may seem. Plus nothing to me suggests that at this stage that Bulka is better than Caballero. 

Better than Kepa based on what exactly...? 

This ridiculous hype of some of our youth players really needs to stop.

I'm saying he COULD become better than Kepa.

Kepa was okay last season. At times excellent, other times not so good - did he look like £70M worth of keeper - NO, not by a long way.

Hopefully he will get better. I expect Bulka will also get better and he's currently only 19 and COULD become great. He may disappear and end up in non-league football but who know's at this stage? Would have been nice to keep him and find out though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ENygma said:

I suppose, but as a keeper 38 isn't as crazy as it may seem. Plus nothing to me suggests that at this stage that Bulka is better than Caballero. 

Better than Kepa based on what exactly...? 

This ridiculous hype of some of our youth players really needs to stop.

It’s more a case of competing with both Green & Caballero who were both 38. Not saying he was better than Caballero but I wouldn’t have bothered signing Green, and would have given Bulka a fair opportunity at competing for the 2nd role. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/06/2019 at 11:19, Munkworth said:

We didn’t need to sign Green last season, Bulka would have been fine fighting with Willy for the second spot. 

Wouldn't this all have gone the same way even if we hadn't signed Green? He probably isn't sticking around to be 2nd or 3rd choice either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Wouldn't this all have gone the same way even if we hadn't signed Green? He probably isn't sticking around to be 2nd or 3rd choice either. 

Maybe with a clearer path in to the first team and a bit of faith shown after a good preseason he might have fancied his chances at being no.1 here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/06/2019 at 15:18, Nibs said:

I'm saying he COULD become better than Kepa.

Kepa was okay last season. At times excellent, other times not so good - did he look like £70M worth of keeper - NO, not by a long way.

Hopefully he will get better. I expect Bulka will also get better and he's currently only 19 and COULD become great. He may disappear and end up in non-league football but who know's at this stage? Would have been nice to keep him and find out though.

 

And im asking what are you basing this on?

Also you're forgetting 70m in todays market is not what it used to be. Someone who is now Spain's number 1 keeper, only 24 years old with potential to get even better than he is. I think 70m is somewhat justified in todays crazy hyperinflated market. 

Its hard to estimate how good a youth player will end up at all, so its silly to say he could be as good as Kepa. By that logic I can just say Nathan Baxter could be as good as Peter Shilton, but there's simply no basis to make a comment like that. 

Look at how many amazing youth players we've had over the years who were touted for great things, and then look where they are now.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/06/2019 at 15:33, ducavis said:

It’s more a case of competing with both Green & Caballero who were both 38. Not saying he was better than Caballero but I wouldn’t have bothered signing Green, and would have given Bulka a fair opportunity at competing for the 2nd role. 

I get that, but Green left so its only really Cabellero to compete with (who he's inferior too atm anyway) so is it really that bad? Some young players are getting far too impatient these days. He could easily have waited a year or 2 and been given the 2 spot without question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 hours ago, ENygma said:

And im asking what are you basing this on?

Also you're forgetting 70m in todays market is not what it used to be. Someone who is now Spain's number 1 keeper, only 24 years old with potential to get even better than he is. I think 70m is somewhat justified in todays crazy hyperinflated market. 

Its hard to estimate how good a youth player will end up at all, so its silly to say he could be as good as Kepa. By that logic I can just say Nathan Baxter could be as good as Peter Shilton, but there's simply no basis to make a comment like that. 

Look at how many amazing youth players we've had over the years who were touted for great things, and then look where they are now.... 

Well I don't know how often you watched Bulka play but I watched him a lot and he was VERY decent. When watching him, I thought, Yes, we finally have a good young keeper to go with the young talent we have playing outfield - certainly the best young keeper we have had up to now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Well I don't know how often you watched Bulka play but I watched him a lot and he was VERY decent. When watching him, I thought, Yes, we finally have a good young keeper to go with the young talent we have playing outfield - certainly the best young keeper we have had up to now.

 

Okay yeah, thats a reasonably fair assumption to make. I certainly do rate Bulka above the likes of Blackman and Baxter. But it's still VERY early days to tell how hes going to turn out. The next few years will be crucial to him, and I hope he does stay as I believe he could become a perfect number 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way I see it, we were never going to be able to keep him anyway. He's a young goalkeeper, and it's always going to be hard to convince a keeper of his age to stay and be 3rd choice. Even 2nd choice probably wouldn't be enough for him. Caballero played 9 games for us last season, so unless Kepa get's injured, Bulka wouldn't get many games at all. If Kepa was in his 30's, then I would have been more disappointed, but with Kepa, we could have a keeper for the next 10 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to be pedantic (but I will be), but there is no minimum home grown quota, he was bought because wasting such a rarely used position on a foreign player slot is stupid. If he is leaving expect us to sign another random english GK it really doesn't matter who except in a squad morale kinda way which I guess green contributed to.

edit: we can't sign anyone so it will go to whoever doesn't take up a foreign slot

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 25/06/2019 at 15:33, ducavis said:

It’s more a case of competing with both Green & Caballero who were both 38. Not saying he was better than Caballero but I wouldn’t have bothered signing Green, and would have given Bulka a fair opportunity at competing for the 2nd role. 

Bulka was ahead of Green in the pecking order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!