Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I've watched a few Youtube highlights of Inter this season and Lukaku looks to have improved while there.

For me it will be interesting to see how he plays for Belgium next time out. 

Read their international forum and they seem to whine a lot about him not scoring in the bigger games and his first touch ? Perhaps he's a bit better down there though. Genuinely think italian football suits him a lot better

1 minute ago, Bogga said:

Read their international forum and they seem to whine a lot about him not scoring in the bigger games and his first touch ? Perhaps he's a bit better down there though. Genuinely think italian football suits him a lot better

Was never a big fan of his personally, I wasn't that bothered when United first signed him and people were interested in signing him back. Always been a very limited footballer, and very frustrating with his back to goal. 

17 hours ago, Slojo said:

Was never a big fan of his personally, I wasn't that bothered when United first signed him and people were interested in signing him back. Always been a very limited footballer, and very frustrating with his back to goal. 

Remember when we both we're rumoured to be chasing him and Morata... I thought you got the better player in Morata. Looks like we both wasted millions on polished turds... ?

1 hour ago, Bogga said:

Remember when we both we're rumoured to be chasing him and Morata... I thought you got the better player in Morata. Looks like we both wasted millions on polished turds... ?

I was a big fan of Morata, I rated him pretty highly and I was estatic that we got him instead of Lukaku, very mixed opinions at the time. But yep, we both got absolutely done over in that one. 

Sarri couldn't pass Lyon, that should say enough about his ability.

Also fun fact, Luka Modric is the first ever Golden Ball winner that the very next season after winning wasn't among the top 30 players in the world shortlisted. IMO we played better against City in comparison to Real Madrid, they never looked like a better team not even for 20 min.

Man City appealed the ban and got cleared and they spent around 70m already and have a nice chance of winning the Champions League now.

Guest Sindre

Hazard is really having a torrid time at Madrid. Nice reminder that the grass isn't always greener and so on.

Matter of time before the fans turn on him at this point. They don't exactly have patience over there.

Happy Sarri went out. One of very few Chelsea-managers i really haven't liked.

5 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Still have him back in a heartbeat. 

Not the first to struggle after moving to Spain. 

TBF, I wouldn't we have good memories and have moved on with Pulisic and others.

It would be a shame to see him slow down and hinder the progress of younger talent. 

I knew his career was going down the sh*tter at Madrid, they aren't the team of Galactico's like years gone by. Ronaldo was practically the reason they won most of their trophies during his time there.

Barca are a shadow of themselves to, when Messi retires they won't have that threat anymore.

Edited by Malcolm9

4 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I have no idea why there was this obsession with Hazard and Madrid. He was never a Madrid type of player anyway, especially not a Ronaldo replacement. 

No one is or could be. There isn't a player capable of 40 plus goals a season, he was a freak. Same with Messi, Barca will be in big trouble when he goes. 

Feel for Hazard. Went there to win the Big Ears and it's just possible their window was closing as he joined.

He has had an interrupted year, he'll be better for them next year but with Ramos, Modric, Kroos, Bale and Benzema all getting on they might be about to enter a rebuild.  

47 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

No one is or could be. There isn't a player capable of 40 plus goals a season, he was a freak. Same with Messi, Barca will be in big trouble when he goes. 

Without Messi, I don't think Barcelona get any further than last 16, that is how much he carries them now. They have been signing a ton of duds over the past few years and it's left their squad looking pretty weak. This is definitely the weakest Bacelona side I have seen in a long time.