Burnley vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 26th Oct 17:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Michael Oliver is the match official for tomorrow’s match. 

Burnley are a tough prospect up top. And thugs abound in their team. Dysche could be the thinking mans Allardyce. Zouma & Tomori will need to have a big presence tomorrow. Hopefully VAR will deter their northern thuggery. I won’t hold my breath though. 

Optimistic the streak can continue but the whole team will have to weather an onslaught of elbows and kicks. And defending set pieces will be critical.

Come on Chelsea !!

30 minutes ago, mojo said:

Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett. Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh. VAR: Paul Tierney. Assistant VAR: Richard West. 

Michael Oliver looks like a scared little boy most of the time, I don’t hold out much hope for a good refereeing performance. 

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

. I just hope we have a strong ref that doesn't take their bullsh*t. 

Yeah hope this too.... 

1 hour ago, General said:

Michael Oliver is the match official for tomorrow’s match. 

Ah bugger... 

Just now, Zeta said:

Bought a random pack of those football cards you can get, and it had 3 Burnley players in it, 2 of them shiny. 

Make of that what you will.

The shiniest cards on a football pitch are red, so that must mean 2 Burnley red cards.

Not looking forward to seeing these thugs kick our players off the park with impunity and the only cards coming out going to us...

They are absolutely thugs, let's see what they get away with today. Really hope we put a few past them

10 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

They tend to get away with a lot and usually get a result against us when they do. I just hope we have a strong ref that doesn't take their bullsh*t. I'm fine with tough tackling games, as long as it's fair, but Burnley tend to go over the top when it is against us.

I'll never forget that incident with Matic and Barnes, an absolute criminal game that was. Two blatent red cards missed by the referee from that c**t Barnes, then he sends Matic off for retaliating like any sane person would who tried to injure him. 

To think United fans always say that Atkinson is a Chelsea fan because he gave us a penalty against them 10 years ago which was a penalty, go watch that game and tell me if he's a Chelsea supporter. 

But it's because of that game I'll always have a dislike of Burnley, same with Swansea with that ball boy incident with Hazard, they should've been punished for that, which was an obvious ploy they planned and permitted given the tweets we saw from the kid beforehand, no action taken whatsoever. 

Edited by Slojo

It'll be a tricky game, very physical, teams seem to tire themselves out against us in the first half, Burnley might do the same and try to pressure us. We've been really good at playing it out from the back, long may it continue. They're in decent form despite a recent loss against Leciester, 8th in the league or something, can't be underestimated. 

I'm confident we'll win this though, no reason why we shouldn't we are in very good form at the moment and right now we can beat any team in the league with the way we've been playing recently. 

Had a look at our record at Turf Moor since Dyche started coaching Burnley, and it's better than I expected.

No doubt it will be a physical game, but if recent head to head records are anything to go by then we shouldn't be afraid of this fixture.

• Burnley 1-3 Chelsea = August 18 2014
  • Burnley 1-1 Chelsea = February 12 2017
  • Burnley 1-2 Chelsea = April 12 2018
  • Burnley 0-4 Chelsea = October 28 2018

Pretty confident tbh, we have a good record against burnley, we hsve also looked better away from home this season imo. 

Probably 1 or 2 changes, i expect Alonso will keep his place though for his height. 

I think pulisic deserves a start, and maybe even James, after the monumental performance azpi put in on Wednesday.