Kai Havertz

mwblue10
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

5 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Have they? I think Havertz would be an ideal signing for them. Pogba and Bruno would be his competition in midfield, whilst he would compete with martial rashford and greenwood for the top 3. 

I have always wondered why they are linked with Sancho when Havertz is exactly what their team needs. 

what? they don´t need someone to compete with pogba and fernades for 2 spots, those are two of their best players. 

The Werner rumours went on for a while and that all went well, I would imagine the same thing is happening with Kai. He is one of Leverkusen's top young talents so they won't let him go without decent compensation, so I would imagine that is the current process both clubs are in.

Edited by Malcolm9

1 hour ago, Montessori said:

what? they don´t need someone to compete with pogba and fernades for 2 spots, those are two of their best players. 

And who else can play there?

They have 0 depth for their front 5 positions. Havertz can play in all of those roles. 

6 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Have they? I think Havertz would be an ideal signing for them. Pogba and Bruno would be his competition in midfield, whilst he would compete with martial rashford and greenwood for the top 3. 

I have always wondered why they are linked with Sancho when Havertz is exactly what their team needs. 

Pogba and Bruno play their best in the attacking midfield, that's two expensive transfers. They don't need another in Havertz I don't think. Sancho will play on the right where they usually only have Dan James or Perreira (both are rubbish). Greenwood is still very young and unproven, Rashford plays out on the left and Martial is usually their forward. 

Just now, Slojo said:

Pogba and Bruno play their best in the attacking midfield, that's two expensive transfers. They don't need another in Havertz I don't think. Sancho will play on the right where they usually only have Dan James or Perreira (both are rubbish). Greenwood is still very young and unproven, Rashford plays out on the left and Martial is usually their forward. 

Well then havertz would be a great signing because they aren't signing Sancho and he can play there. 

As well as rotating with Pogba and Bruno to give greenwood (who is the most promising teenager in english football since Rooney) rashford and martial time on the right as well. 

Dan james isn't good enough for a top 6 side and since lockdown it's been martial rashford and greenwood rotating those positions. 

54 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Well then havertz would be a great signing because they aren't signing Sancho and he can play there. 

As well as rotating with Pogba and Bruno to give greenwood (who is the most promising teenager in english football since Rooney) rashford and martial time on the right as well. 

Dan james isn't good enough for a top 6 side and since lockdown it's been martial rashford and greenwood rotating those positions. 

I think in a recent interview Kai stated that his preferred position is right sided central mid, I think we can offer him that role as we lack that creativity in midfield and he would start on the right ahead of Kova and Kante, this would mean those 2 alongside Jorginho will compete for the Central spot in midfield.

Kai is incredibly versatile and yes on the odd occasion he can fill in across other positions however with United he would be operating as a utility player rather than having an automatic dedicated starting position, from his interview it seemed like he wanted to specialize in a role rather than become a jack of all trades.

3 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think in a recent interview Kai stated that his preferred position is right sided central mid, I think we can offer him that role as we lack that creativity in midfield and he would start on the right ahead of Kova and Kante, this would mean those 2 alongside Jorginho will compete for the Central spot in midfield.

Kai is incredibly versatile and yes on the odd occasion he can fill in across other positions however with United he would be operating as a utility player rather than having an automatic dedicated starting position, from his interview it seemed like he wanted to specialize in a role rather than become a jack of all trades.

Personally I think kai if he joined united would supplant Pogba who is incredibly suspect for me. 

We are the best place for him to join and he would be taking Kantes role in our team. 

I don't know who is taking the DM role. Hopefully Rice but I expect it's going to be Kante or Kovacic and that worries me a lot. 

37 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Personally I think kai if he joined united would supplant Pogba who is incredibly suspect for me. 

We are the best place for him to join and he would be taking Kantes role in our team. 

I don't know who is taking the DM role. Hopefully Rice but I expect it's going to be Kante or Kovacic and that worries me a lot. 

He's not going to join ManUnited at all, he's either coming here to play as the new number 8 with Mount or he's staying at least one more season in Leverkusen. If we want him we should pay 80-90m and be done with it...

As long as we get a better CB or LB or both, it really doesn't matter who is in the midfield there because we are not capable of defending with the current players regardless of who is the DM. Jorginho statistically had a good season but he's seen as Bakayoko so no matter who you put there he will be exposed, our last game with Kante and Kovacic showed it, nobody can protect our backline simply because it's bad.

Edited by Gol15

21 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

He's not going to join ManUnited at all, he's either coming here to play as the new number 8 with Mount or he's staying at least one more season in Leverkusen. If we want him we should pay 80-90m and be done with it...

As long as we get a better CB or LB or both, it really doesn't matter who is in the midfield there because we are not capable of defending with the current players regardless of who is the DM. Jorginho statistically had a good season but he's seen as Bakayoko so no matter who you put there he will be exposed, our last game with Kante and Kovacic showed it, nobody can protect our backline simply because it's bad.

I don't think he will join united either. But if they pony up and we don't, then they will get him. I just don't see that happening. 

He's not going to choose to stay at bayer over joining united. 

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

no way kai is a winger in the premier league

2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

it worries you a lot that kante would play as DM for us? are you a troll?

10 minutes ago, Montessori said:

no way kai is a winger in the premier league

Why? Mount has played there. I guarantee there will be games he plays as a right forward. 

6 minutes ago, Montessori said:

it worries you a lot that kante would play as DM for us? are you a troll?

Well he's been sh*t every time he's played at the base of the midfield for us. Kante has always played a box to box pressing midfielder. When he's deployed at the base of midfield we are left exposed - which is why he rarely plays there. So no,I'm not a troll. But this isn't the kante conversation.

15 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Why? Mount has played there. I guarantee there will be games he plays as a right forward. 

Well he's been sh*t every time he's played at the base of the midfield for us. Kante has always played a box to box pressing midfielder. When he's deployed at the base of midfield we are left exposed - which is why he rarely plays there. So no,I'm not a troll. But this isn't the kante conversation.

Wasn’t sarri slated for NOT playing him in front of the back line 

4 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

Wasn’t sarri slated for NOT playing him in front of the back line 

Yeah. Then Frank didn't either. 

Conte played him in a box to box role alongside a classic DM. So did Ranieri at Leicester. 

Edited by bisright1

32 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Conte played him in a box to box role alongside a classic DM. So did Ranieri at Leicester. 

And he started life as a winger 🤷🏻‍♂️. They also slated conte for playing RLC further forward, we definitely broke relations with the Don prematurely he is a top manager. 

I think people saying kante is done are being premature, I think he is carrying a knock and due to the physical nature of his game he isn’t quite himself. 

A good rest and I’d take him over any DM in the PL 

Edited by SFL82

32 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Mostly in a 4-4-2. Ever since we sold Matic we have been lacking a classic DM typ player to fit with Kante, even so Lampard is probably going to play him as the DM and the 2 number 8's would be Mount and Havertz.

Signing Havertz doesn't change the fact that we need a better CB, new LB and probably a new keeper.

2 hours ago, SFL82 said:

And he started life as a winger 🤷🏻‍♂️. They also slated conte for playing RLC further forward, we definitely broke relations with the Don prematurely he is a top manager. 

I think people saying kante is done are being premature, I think he is carrying a knock and due to the physical nature of his game he isn’t quite himself. 

A good rest and I’d take him over any DM in the PL 

playing under Conte he was the best DM in the world for me

42 minutes ago, Deino said:

If United signed him and play midfield 3 of

Bruno

Pogba Havertz

That's a good midfield.

Come on Marina, just buy Havertz first and trim the fat later.

That midfield defensively would be a disaster no protection whatsoever for the backline

Edited by Imran_CFC