Kai Havertz

9 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

He has a very lazy style looks disinterested half the time, you can imagine this forum if he has a bad game, he’ll be ripped to pieces the poor lad.  Must admit the all action Sancho pleases the eye more, hopefully Havertz is more of a silent assassin.

He doesn't strike me as a 21 year old he's very calm and collected and he never makes too many touches with the ball.

5 minutes ago, evissy said:
7 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:
Where does he play?, i'd rather we bought Milinkovic Savic, or Saul miguel of Atleti...

10, 8, 9 or 7.

So come on where do you think he'll play, We don't need wide or strikers, and i've hardly seen him play in the midfield, so he's a conundrum

So come on where do you think he'll play, We don't need wide or strikers, and i've hardly seen him play in the midfield, so he's a conundrum
I think he has a pretty free role at Leverkusen. Today he started at right midfield. You have to remember he is young and he scores a ton of goals. He scored today. 4 goals in 5 games in Europa for them.

I think he has a pretty free role at Leverkusen. Today he started at right midfield. You have to remember he is young and he scores a ton of goals. He scored today. 4 goals in 5 games in Europa for them.

I have watched few games with Havertz including the one today. He obviously has quality and all, scored a good goal today,  however there are few things that bug me a bit. He seems to jog a lot rather then run, not tracking back as much as needed and doesn't get into many tackles. For PL football that might be problem which is much more fast paced and requires a player to fight for every ball. I hope i'm wrong and I really want him to be a superstar for Chelsea but I feel like he would need to work much harder on the pitch than what I have seen him lately.

Edited by rocker_joker

13 minutes ago, rocker_joker said:

I have watched few games with Havertz including the one today. He obviously has quality and all, scored a good goal today,  however there are few things that bug me a bit. He seems to jog a lot rather then run, not tracking back as much as needed and doesn't get into many tackles. For PL football that might be problem which is much more fast paced and requires a player to fight for every ball. I hope i'm wrong and I really want him to be a superstar for Chelsea but I feel like he would need to work much harder on the pitch than what I have seen him lately.

Your view lines up with mine. He has that languid style about him similar to RLC or even Ballack when he was here. It'll leave him open to criticism for not trying when things don't go well. Ziyech can give off a similar vibe. 

Collectively that could be a challenge next year. 

40 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Your view lines up with mine. He has that languid style about him similar to RLC or even Ballack when he was here. It'll leave him open to criticism for not trying when things don't go well. Ziyech can give off a similar vibe. 

Berbatov esque definitely. 

I think he will be a smash hit here though.

1 hour ago, Nevamind said:

Well obviously Havertz himself wanted to get the transfer done as quickly as possible therefore the subdued showing tonight.

Nice insight, I find it pretty impressive that he while trying to cruise through the game and not get hurt or get himself into any big risk, still managed to score a goal.

We have seen throughout this season how our young players move with and without the ball...Havertz compared to them is like Zidane already, the way he sees open areas and reads the game is really amazing, he doesn't look like he's 21 years old.

For their own fans it's maybe a normality to see him play like this since he has been playing in the Bundesliga since he was 17 years old but for me to see how he's always in a good spot and how he never complicates things and just has the right amount of touches before releasing the ball to someone is just amazing, he didn't really sprint much but he was always in good areas, that is something that comes with experience and the fact that he has it already is a huge statement of what kind of a talent he is.

His value is 70m already so no wonder they want 90m, even so, if you ask me the kid can really play and I think he's worth the money, he makes a lot of things look easy and he's not even sweating nor in a hurry doing them.

24 minutes ago, big blue said:

Berbatov esque definitely. 

I think he will be a smash hit here though.

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

If Ziyech is made from the same clay this indeed could be a problem for the team... I thought Ziyech is more high energy player but I haven't watched him closely to form an opinion.  He was part of last year's Ajax which was all non-stop from the get-go. It felt like Ziyech would suits Lampard's style .. Lampard is trying to create something between Liverpool and Man City which both require high energy, non-stop pressing and constant movement. .. From the list of existing players I feel like only Kante, Mount, Pulisic, Azpi, CHO(maybe?),James, Kova and Werner can probably handle this high-tempo requirements from start to finish...

I'm just not sure this team can afford two skilful but idling ballerinas on the pitch at the same time...

5 hours ago, rocker_joker said:

I actually agree with you having watched him in three matches, where he also played in three different positions. It could be argued that he was instructed to stay up top and focus on that but that’s not how we play. He will need to adapt to a different style if he comes here. I think some patience may be required with him. 

4 hours ago, rocker_joker said:

If Ziyech is made from the same clay this indeed could be a problem for the team... I thought Ziyech is more high energy player but I haven't watched him closely to form an opinion.  He was part of last year's Ajax which was all non-stop from the get-go. It felt like Ziyech would suits Lampard's style .. Lampard is trying to create something between Liverpool and Man City which both require high energy, non-stop pressing and constant movement. .. From the list of existing players I feel like only Kante, Mount, Pulisic, Azpi, CHO(maybe?),James, Kova and Werner can probably handle this high-tempo requirements from start to finish...

I'm just not sure this team can afford two skilful but idling ballerinas on the pitch at the same time...

Make no mistake at his best Ziyech presses well. But when things go south, he can slide out of games.

I'm going to be fascinated to see how it all plays out. One things for certain we're going to need a very fit, fast and committed midfield and defence behind them. We're also going to need someone with mongrel to drive the team because none of the apparent three signings really have that.