Kai Havertz

mwblue10
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

It’s only a few days since their euro exit, why do people assume something is wrong. 

Negotiating 10’s of million of euros isn’t a quick process when the valuations are apart.

There will be not just several amounts presented before a deal is reached but several scenarios with ad ons and bonuses etc. 

Add on top marina is the one that will make the final negotiations and she is working on Chilwell as we speak and probably several more in the background.

I would think if it is going to happen a couple of weeks wouldn’t be an unrealistic timeline, could go smooth and be quicker but I wouldn’t panic and think we are embarrassing and some of the other assertions just yet.  

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think the delay most likely is due to the quantity of requirements defensively, the club I think realise we need a new GK, CB & LB and therefore are having second thoughts about heavy investment up top. 

I think before the Liverpool game they may have thought we could probably give Kepa another season but that game has sealed Kepa's fate and that has added another few million to the net spend which as a result means we are having to negotiate more than anticipated. 

I think also the answer has been put out there but is being somewhat overlooked. Apparently we put 8-9 players in the shop window and invited offers. Messages have come out here and there about selling players to raise funds. Much as we dream of a great war chest to spend on players the reality is that Marina is probably going to have to raise funds to cover these purchases and therefore this may well be slowing progress up as the club may be disinclined to put all their eggs in one basket

1 hour ago, SFL82 said:

It’s only a few days since their euro exit, why do people assume something is wrong. 

Negotiating 10’s of million of euros isn’t a quick process when the valuations are apart.

There will be not just several amounts presented before a deal is reached but several scenarios with ad ons and bonuses etc. 

Add on top marina is the one that will make the final negotiations and she is working on Chilwell as we speak and probably several more in the background.

I would think if it is going to happen a couple of weeks wouldn’t be an unrealistic timeline, could go smooth and be quicker but I wouldn’t panic and think we are embarrassing and some of the other assertions just yet.  

I would think from Monday things will pick up, Now Frank is back home, he'll want to start formulating his new season team

Not sure how reliable the source and is a bit speculative, but this is reported in the Sun; 

HAV SOME OF THAT

Chelsea have agreed an £85m fee for Kai Havertz, according to reports.

The Byline podcast host said to Jan Age Fjortoft: “People know I speak to contacts and hear things.

"So if I was to tell you Chelsea have agreed an £85m fee to sign Kai Havertz, £60m up front and it is now about how it’s structured, would that be realistic?"

Former Frankfurt striker and Bundesliga expert Fjortoft replied: “I think so. I’m 100% sure they will find a way.”

3 hours ago, Droopy said:

I don't understand. If we believe he is a generational talent and we do because we are about to give a huge amount of money, why don't we finish it quickly and not put at risk the transfer. Because the generational talents don't usually go unnoticed. If it was in range of 40-50 millions then he is not that sensational, good, try to negotiate him for 35. But we agreed he is in the range of 80-100, what's the damn point of saving few millions if we are certain that he is worth it. 

The only real explanation about this is that we are not convinced he is generational talent. Anyhow we look incredibly stupid at the moment. 

You're probably not in charge of any company budget if you're so nonchalant about millions. I'm getting the impression you underestimate multi-million pound negotiations, especially when the budget likely has to stretch to buy more players.

27 minutes ago, Valerie said:

You're probably not in charge of any company budget if you're so nonchalant about millions. I'm getting the impression you underestimate multi-million pound negotiations, especially when the budget likely has to stretch to buy more players.

When people talk about football they seem to actually forget that a few million is a huge amount of money 

Anyway, I'm confident this will be done. All the reliable journos are all saying that this should be done, we are the only team in for him, he want's to join us and Bayer need to sell this Summer to get a decent amount for him

This will probably be our highest ever transfer and will obviously take time

Edited by Sparkz

49 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Leverkusen's CEO saying that no bid has been received. Makes negotiating that 10m hard if we have not offered anything in the first place!

No bid doesn’t mean prices haven’t been discussed.

Marina can say “what are you looking for” 

They respond “90 million”

She says “we are looking at 70”

They say “no chance”

Marina says “well we can’t go to 90 what would you entertain? Do you want some players?”

They say “no” 

Marina says “ok can we open the topic of upfront plus future payments”

They say “we may be receptive”

The bidding then starts until they meet where they are both happy. 

So the discussion can be open for a good while before an official bid goes in it depends on relationships. 

Sometimes a speculative bid will go in to start that discussion, sometimes no need they just discuss then agree a general idea of what needs to happen the bids go in. 

2 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

Not sure how reliable the source and is a bit speculative, but this is reported in the Sun; 

HAV SOME OF THAT

Chelsea have agreed an £85m fee for Kai Havertz, according to reports.

The Byline podcast host said to Jan Age Fjortoft: “People know I speak to contacts and hear things.

"So if I was to tell you Chelsea have agreed an £85m fee to sign Kai Havertz, £60m up front and it is now about how it’s structured, would that be realistic?"

Former Frankfurt striker and Bundesliga expert Fjortoft replied: “I think so. I’m 100% sure they will find a way.”

That sounds more like a hypothetical suggestion rather than a real scenario 

This has taken masses of time. I feel the deal is dependent on things rather than just a prize battle. It could be Leverkusen needing to replace him or Chelsea to offload someone. I don't know how the dealings go but if we send an offer via email that we offer 70m for the player, selling club immediately says too low. A new offer in for 80m and the selling club says no. And so on...

21 minutes ago, evissy said:

This has taken masses of time. I feel the deal is dependent on things rather than just a prize battle. It could be Leverkusen needing to replace him or Chelsea to offload someone. I don't know how the dealings go but if we send an offer via email that we offer 70m for the player, selling club immediately says too low. A new offer in for 80m and the selling club says no. And so on...

I think our board is trying to be cheeky, we obviously did the most work there if we are to believe that the personal terms have been agreed and that Leverkusen is well aware that Kai wants to leave that club and so on...

Leverkusen is showing that they value their player at 100m euros and that's that, I think we're trying to lower that price because we do have the funds but we're probably looking into buying at least 2 more players so our board probably wants to get the best deals possible at the same time which isn't easy.

11 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Insane front 4, yet if we saw the rest of the team.....

Also, still not sure what the best formation is going to be, I'm thinking the current 4-3-3 with 2 roaming 8's with Havertz being one of them,

Mount Havertz 

Kovacic

or 

Mount Havertz

Kante

but 4-2-3-1 is also viable

Jorginho Kovacic

Ziyech Havertz Pulisic

Werner