Spuds v Chelsea (PL) Sun 22nd Dec 16:30 GMT

Here it comes! A month ago I said we really must not underestimate Spurs. I started to get a bit scared after Everton. Now I'm really carefree since we lost again...We got nothing to lose, we can only play better, not worse! 

Though make no mistake, this is a huge game still, Jose wants to win this one, Spurs want to win and say that they are for the top 4 and not us.

If we win, nobody will remember Bournemouth and Everton.

Anyone but Kepa

Rudiger

Zouma

Tomori

James

Kovacic

Jorginho

Kante

CHO

Pulisic

Abraham

Time for a plan B. Large questiomarks over CHO as a left midfielder leaving us exposed defensively. He has the pace to make it work.

Thinking more along the lines of how far forward the Sheffield United wing backs play more as wingers than wing backs. Hoping Kante would cover CHO and educate him defensively.

Edited by axman2526
3 hours ago, just said:

Four weeks ago this was a walkover. Now, with us having a prolonged blip and them having the Jose X Factor, we are definitely the underdogs. I have been out and about in Tottenham town last night and they are up for it. Up for it f**king big time.

4 weeks ago I was worried that we might underestimate them! Now that is out of the question so we will win 😄

Edited by Gol15

I'm curious to see what our reaction to José is going to be like.

I'm guessing polite applause at the beginning, then, with gritted teeth, pretending not to notice him sliding down the touchline on his knees after they beat us 1-0 having had 24% possession.

Edited by PloKoon13

Also:

------------------------------Kepa

-------Azpilicueta-----Christensen------Rudiger

James-----------Kanté-----------Kovacic-----------Alonso

-----------------Willian------------Pulisic

---------------------------Abraham

Obviously in an ideal world Tomori would start over Christensen, but needs must...

Also unsure about starting Pulisic considering recent form, but I figure the attack needs some pace and Hudson-Odoi hasn't particularly impressed of late.

Kepa
       Zouma - Rudiger - Tomori
Azpi - Kovacic - Jorginho - Alonso
                         Kante
                 Tammy - Pedro

Pedro up top with Tammy, Kante breaking between the lines.

Edited by the special one

I’d rather our draw than theirs in CL

tough game. I would play same team as against burley save kova for mount. 
We will be much fresher for this game and Tammy will be more recovered. Might consider tomori for Zouma to counter son’s pace. 

1 hour ago, ozboy said:

I’d rather our draw than theirs in CL

tough game. I would play same team as against burley save kova for mount. 
We will be much fresher for this game and Tammy will be more recovered. Might consider tomori for Zouma to counter son’s pace. 

Yes I would also go for Tomori over Zouma. I'd like to see how he does alongside the experience of Rudiger.

5 hours ago, mojo said:

on the top of all they just got the 'easiest' draw in CL final 16 - Leipzig

If this is true, it can be a good thing. The longer they are in the CL the harder it will be for them to perform constantly good in the Premier league.

Kepa

Ruidger   Tomori    Zouma

James    Kante     Jorginho    Emerson

Kovacic

Michy     Abraham

When we are the underdog (which on this occasion I think we might just be based on recent results) we generally show our worth. Think it will be tight but I am quietly confident we will nick a deserved win. Could even see us conceding first and coming back. 

I am not going to knock Sarri as he did pretty well for us last season in the end but this season we have the management who know the rivalry of this fixture and the importance of a win now.  

Huge game, not even going to include the Jose factor, I'm sure he will have something to say about us before Sunday. We will be playing a bit safe in this one, Jose ;s team is akwags good at sitting back and counter, not going to give him the luxury. To win this game, we will need to show some determination and bravery, feel this is a 1:0 game, either way.