Timo Werner

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Probably go to Bayern 

When though? Lewandowski has a contract till 2023 and his getting better with age. They are not going to get rid of a FW with 18 goals in 15 league games who could probably beat his 30 league goal record at this rate.

He waited for the move last season and it didn’t happen, can’t see it happening this season also. Almost zero chance he ends up here though as we aren’t selling Tammy.

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

Doubt he will want to leave in January, he is on course for the league title alongside the golden boot.

Pulisic style deal perhaps

10 hours ago, ducavis said:

When though? Lewandowski has a contract till 2023 and his getting better with age. They are not going to get rid of a FW with 18 goals in 15 league games who could probably beat his 30 league goal record at this rate.

He waited for the move last season and it didn’t happen, can’t see it happening this season also. Almost zero chance he ends up here though as we aren’t selling Tammy.

Is Bayern Munich they snap up the best talent in Germany whether they need them or not.

3 hours ago, evissy said:

Anyone who comes have to play behind Tammy. Tammy is not that bad.

He is better than Tammy but i get your point. Funny enough the ideal team for him is Barca as a replacement for Suarez, but they are going through a “galactico” phase. He could slot in on the left allowing Griezmann to play in the middle as a false 9. They however seem intent on bringing back Neymar.

He seems to do a lot of his best work from the left, i think he could definitely work in an anelka esque role with tammy. His crossing on his left foot towards the end of the video is great. For the price, i think he is a steal, left forward, lone striker, or possibly in a 2. 

It would also leave us a fair chunk of change to find a right winger and left back, if the reported €30m buy out clause is legitimate.

Tough deal to make though, with so much competition, and with how well he and leipzig are doing this season. It would be a massive coup.

Got to say if we could sign Werner, that would be a terrific signing. The idea of sometimes playing him & Tammy together with the likes of Pulicic, CHO, Mount RLC, Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho being rotated, with possible additions of Zaha / one other - that is really exciting.

We can not afford to do nothing this transfer window, if Werner available, we should go all out to get him. We need options and depth in the team, can't have Abraham ( a striker in his first season in the EPL) as an unchallenged number one. He's done well, but need another player to challenge his position, or play together if the opportunity arises

Werner reminds me of Costa in his willingness to score any type of goal with any style and Mount in his energy and style of play.

As we have Tammy I really don't see how we would buy this star in the making for backup. I just don't see him wanting to move to Chelsea to maybe play football.

Werner will be first choice striker if we sign him. No doubt about it.

He's a star player and I expect he would flourish with us.

I would sell Giroud in January and the following strike options would be Werner, Abraham and Bats in that order.

Edited by Jezz
44 minutes ago, Jezz said:

Werner will be first choice striker if we sign him. No doubt about it.

He's a star player and I expect he would flourish with us.

I would sell Giroud in January and the following strike options would be Werner, Abraham and Bats in that order.

Agree with that but might as well sell Abraham if after 11 league goals in the 1st half of the season he is relegated to a backup option.