Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest (FAC) Sun 5th Jan 14:01 GMT

coco

To give people a minute to think about their mental health, awareness program being drive by Prince William. 
Anything to do with our form of going up and down? Should you watch this one, should you not. Prince William sounds made up [emoji23]

I think this game is really important, not just because it's a cup game, because it might just be something that we need for a resurgence, to get us clicking again like we were earlier in the season. At the moment we appear to be playing slowly and with anxiety, need to get back on the right track! 

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Normally I’d say play the youth but I guess the senior players deserve some minutes this season :laugh2:

Full 180 isn't it, we now have senior internationals needing game time and resting youth ?

Interesting, Forest away form is much better than their home form suggesting they are a counter attacking outfit.

Play them with some deadwood. At home we can handle congested defences and CA teams. No probs. [emoji23]

Forest are having a decent season and will be tricky opposition. We definitely need to approach this game as a potential banana skin. The FA Cup is our best chance of winning something this season and hopefully we will put out a strong team.

What I'd like to see tomorrow:

Caballero

Jame         Christensen       Guehi       Lamptey

Kovacic             Gilmour

Pedro                 Barkley                Hudson-Odoi

Batshuauyi   

See a some rotation, with the lads that are looking to be leaving potentially to get some match time. I could also see Lampard not having a lot of rotation as Not Forest shouldn't be taken lightly, but we should still see some rotation regardless.

UTC

1 hour ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

What I'd like to see tomorrow:

Caballero

Jame         Christensen       Guehi       Lamptey

Kovacic             Gilmour

Pedro                 Barkley                Hudson-Odoi

Batshuauyi   

See a some rotation, with the lads that are looking to be leaving potentially to get some match time. I could also see Lampard not having a lot of rotation as Not Forest shouldn't be taken lightly, but we should still see some rotation regardless.

UTC

That is a decent balance between youth and experience. Although I think if Lamptey starts it should be ahead of Reece James at his natural position of right back, with maybe Maatsen at Left Back. 

7 minutes ago, forbzy said:

That is a decent balance between youth and experience. Although I think if Lamptey starts it should be ahead of Reece James at his natural position of right back, with maybe Maatsen at Left Back. 

Ah, I couldn't remember if it was Maatsen or Lamptey that is the LB. Took a stab in the dark lol

We have to be a bit canny with our rotation. Forest are in a promotion battle so will probably play largely a second string, we have to be wary about making it a reserve game and lose our advantage. Christensen and one of Zouma/ Rudiger with James and Emerson( who needs a confidence boost). Similarly CHO, Pedro and Bats should start. Kovacic after his 'mare' in midfield with probably Barkley and Gilmour (if fit).

Archived