Pre Season Competition

Just now, LongtimerLurker said:

Anyone struggling to find the game, try youtube I think there's at least a couple streams on right now. 

I suspect we may see a strong team 2nd half as well, perhaps Werner, Kai, Barkles, Rudi, Kova, Kante and anyone else who I've forgotten.

Think Barkley is the only one you’ve mentioned who we actually have on the bench. 
Dunno why Drinkwater is getting hate, he’s been all over the pitch today.

Great to get a chance to see Gallagher. He’s clearly a talent but nowhere near a finished product yet. I’d like to see him on loan at a Premier League club this season.

CHO has looked good so far. Gallagher is pretty tidy in possession. Baker has done well at the back. Tammy missed some decent chances but at least he is geting into the right positions.

8 minutes ago, Valerie said:

So who are still on their hols? Three English lads, two Italians, one Dane, one Spanish captain, one Welsh lad... am I overlooking someone?

And a certain Norwegian…

Abraham sadly reminding us why we desperately need a striker. He’s never going to be a title winning striker 😞

2 minutes ago, Frawdulant said:

Think Barkley is the only one you’ve mentioned who we actually have on the bench. 
Dunno why Drinkwater is getting hate, he’s been all over the pitch today.

Great to get a chance to see Gallagher. He’s clearly a talent but nowhere near a finished product yet. I’d like to see him on loan at a Premier League club this season.

I will be surprised if Drinkwater stays with the squad this season but he deserves a chance to show what he can do in pre-season, just like all the others. With a new manager he effectively has a fresh slate.

Some things don't change like Alonso being the biggest defensive liability.

Double-D was very good. Is his personal life or something else preventing him from landing a good club? 

CHO was good also. 

Sterling looks strong however his downside seems to be his ball playing skills. Good pace though. 

Gallagher looks okay but nothing special. 

Really would love to see Tammy scores. Maybe too late for that now. 

Pace of this game is very impressive. 

4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I will be surprised if Drinkwater stays with the squad this season but he deserves a chance to show what he can do in pre-season, just like all the others. With a new manager he effectively has a fresh slate.

Agreed, I don’t see him staying either. Has a lot of personal problems as well. I wish him the best but I think it’s best for the squad if he moves on.

4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

The kind of player who would do well at Newcastle. St James Park right in the middle of a great party city.

1 minute ago, evissy said:

I like the new kit. Sorry lads, I like it. 

I didn't like it in pictures but seeing it in action gives me a different take.   It's ok