Arsenal v Chelsea (PL) Sun 22nd Aug 2021 16:30 GMT

coco

7 minutes ago, USATim said:

Just wanted to know where you guys factored Pulisic in once Lukaku is on the field full time. Tuchel's pet Timo Warner ain't going anywhere, neither is Mount. I see Christian being relegated to the bench in his "super sub" role. Thoughts?

The days of having a best xi are way behind us. If you can pick your best xi you dont have a good enough squad imo. Christian will get plenty of game time, he's a top player.

12 minutes ago, USATim said:

Just wanted to know where you guys factored Pulisic in once Lukaku is on the field full time. Tuchel's pet Timo Warner ain't going anywhere, neither is Mount. I see Christian being relegated to the bench in his "super sub" role. Thoughts?

Think a lot will depend on who develops the best links with Lukaku.

Also the back 3 may be removed once Lukaku is bedded in when we play sides who will defend deep. Both Dave and Reece are excellent RB and we may even see Alonso at LB if we are super adventurous. For say Newcastle at home we could well see this.

Mendy

James

Chalobah

Silva

Alonso

Kovacic

Jorginho 

Mount/Havertz

Ziyech/Havertz

Lukaku

Pulisic/Werner

Edited by axman2526

Like to see Pulisic in place of Warner. Think he is more explosive and better off the wing with Lukaku center. But Tuchel is in love with Warner, so I don't see Pulisic getting the nod. If they play with three up top, I see Tuchel starting with Mount, Lukaku and Warner. That leaves a boatload of attacking guys riding the pine.  

45 minutes ago, USATim said:

Like to see Pulisic in place of Warner. Think he is more explosive and better off the wing with Lukaku center. But Tuchel is in love with Warner, so I don't see Pulisic getting the nod. If they play with three up top, I see Tuchel starting with Mount, Lukaku and Warner. That leaves a boatload of attacking guys riding the pine.  

Werner with an e.

Mendy

Chalobah    T.Silva    Rudiger

Azpilicueta    Kovacic    Jorginho    Alonso

Havertz                    Mount

Lukaku

The main reason for dropping Werner for me isn't because of Lukaku but because Mount can in theory help Alonso much better when we don't have the ball so we would overall be harder to break. Tough to drop James because ideally I would like to see his crosses towards Lukaku but Chalobah had a great game vs Palace and Dave is the captain so...

29 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Mendy

Chalobah    T.Silva    Rudiger

Azpilicueta    Kovacic    Jorginho    Alonso

Havertz                    Mount

Lukaku

The main reason for dropping Werner for me isn't because of Lukaku but because Mount can in theory help Alonso much better when we don't have the ball so we would overall be harder to break. Tough to drop James because ideally I would like to see his crosses towards Lukaku but Chalobah had a great game vs Palace and Dave is the captain so...

Big question for me is will Arsenal attack of will be happy to sit back and try and counter us?

If it is the former you have to play one of Werner or Pulisic to stretch them. If it is the latter then I agree with your selection as Mount and Havertz are better at holding the ball than Timo or Christian.

21 hours ago, jrshugo said:

is a Lukaku hat-trick to much to ask for? Recent form against Arsenal has been poor, they always seem to use us as a trampoline to bounce back from humiliation only to then lose the following week. I'm praying it doesn't happen again this time. Three points is the only positive outcome from Sunday.

Exactly...

Sharing a Point not bad considering the history....Kante influence might win it for us tho

11 hours ago, USATim said:

Pulisic has dodgy hamstrings so imo he's better served as a supersub or a starter against a weak team. We are blessed because all 5 of our inside forwards are hardworking and pacy.

All 5 will have adequate game time. If anything, CHO is the one thaf should really be feeling the pressure now.

9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Big question for me is will Arsenal attack of will be happy to sit back and try and counter us?

If it is the former you have to play one of Werner or Pulisic to stretch them. If it is the latter then I agree with your selection as Mount and Havertz are better at holding the ball than Timo or Christian.

Arsenal won't attack, it's almost suicide for them to do so. They'll probably defend deep.

2 hours ago, Deino said:

Arsenal won't attack, it's almost suicide for them to do so. They'll probably defend deep.

If that is the case then we should go for Lukaku, Kai and Mount up top. Ziyech would be a good option too if fit.

13 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Also the back 3 may be removed once Lukaku is bedded in when we play sides who will defend deep. Both Dave and Reece are excellent RB and we may even see Alonso at LB if we are super adventurous. For say Newcastle at home we could well see this.

Mendy

James

Chalobah

Silva

Alonso

Kovacic

Jorginho 

Mount/Havertz

Ziyech/Havertz

Lukaku

Pulisic/Werner

Alonso at LWB?

9 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Alonso at LB?

Not a good move defensively but if we are facing sides the play ultra deep he does offer more end product further forward. Would leave the other 3 defenders as cover.

13 hours ago, USATim said:

Let me be honest it really depend on him because right now he is the 6th attacker. Pulisic was horrible against Palace 

13 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Mendy

James

Chalobah

Silva

Alonso

Kovacic

Jorginho 

Mount/Havertz

Ziyech/Havertz

Lukaku

Pulisic/Werner

We cannot play back 4 with Jorginho and Kovacic and Havertz and Werner can't play wide

Edited by Bob stark

18 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I think they will try to be aggressive and press us but we should still have a comfortable 60% possession. I doubt that they will go ahead and play an open game, that's too easy for us.

35 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I think they will try to be aggressive and press us but we should still have a comfortable 60% possession. I doubt that they will go ahead and play an open game, that's too easy for us.

They could make it easy for us for a change lol

Workshopping potential lineups...

I think there's a good chance Lukaku starts. Tuchel seems pretty anxious to have him available in the first XI. If so, question is what formation he goes with...does he stick with the 3-4-2-1 or go with the 3-5-2 which we have seen glimpses of? If he doesn't start, I guess we'll go with the 3-4-2-1 per usual.

lineup (9).png

lineup (11).png

Edited by PraetorianGuard

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Not for Arsenal, against a parked bus like Wolves at home last season.

Even that is a concern. 

When you play Jorgi and Kova, you basically want them to stay middle which mean you need your two cb to cover the flank. So they need to be extremely mobile, very2 good at positioning, in short two wc cb. Silva is too old to do this. Christensen alwasy struggle in back 4. Zouma has positioning issue. Rudiger maybe can do it. I haven't seen Chalobah played in back 4 so I don't know. 

It is a massive headache. 

What's the deal with James and  Chilwell getting little to no playing time? Neither one played much during the Euros this Summer. Clearly they are better than Azpi and Alonso. Both James and Chilwell are far superior overall players, including crossing to Lukaku in the box. Why spend all testimony on Lukaku and not get him the ball? 

3 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

What's the deal with James and  Chilwell getting little to no playing time? Neither one played much during the Euros this Summer. Clearly they are better than Azpi and Alonso. Both James and Chilwell are far superior overall players, including crossing to Lukaku in the box. Why spend all testimony on Lukaku and not get him the ball? 

Little to no pre season and a 0 to 60 start to the campaign. Alonso and Azpi are just oozing confidence right now and can definitely feed Lukaku the balls he needs.

I actually love it when our "2nd" options have a run of great performances, keeps them engaged and the competition alert.

Will agree though that they're probably not the best WB picks for Liverpool, might be a good idea to sub on James and Alonso on Sunday to get into the rhythm

2 hours ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

Little to no pre season and a 0 to 60 start to the campaign. Alonso and Azpi are just oozing confidence right now and can definitely feed Lukaku the balls he needs.

I actually love it when our "2nd" options have a run of great performances, keeps them engaged and the competition alert.

Will agree though that they're probably not the best WB picks for Liverpool, might be a good idea to sub on James and Alonso on Sunday to get into the rhythm

James and 

2 hours ago, evissy said:

I have a feeling Lukaku is introduced after 65-70mins.

Why? He should start and Chelsea should crush Arsenal right away. Don't give them any hope of winning the game. You can sub Lukaku around 55 minutes with hopefully at least a 2 goal lead.