Chelsea v Aston Villa (PL) Sat 11th Sep 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

• coco changed the title to Chelsea v Aston Villa (PL) Sat 11th Sep 2021 17:30 GMT

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

So James banned. Assuming our players ok over the waste of time break I would go with 

Mendy

Chalobah

Christensen

Rudiger 

Dave

Jorginho 

Kovacic

CHO

Ziyech 

Lukaku

Havertz

I was going to say be brave and start CHO at RWB over Dave then I saw him on the left :face_palm:

6 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I was going to say be brave and start CHO at RWB over Dave then I saw him on the left :face_palm:

TT gave an interview about CHO. He said how his natural position is on the left and the right side does not work as well for him. 

Think Rudiger will cover better for CHO lack of defensive play better and Dave will be helpful to Trev.

There is a lot of talk about CHO to Dortmund on loan in German media. Think it'd be beneficial for him and his development. Right now he's got the situation as if he's a super experienced player that let's the youngsters play on regular basis and is on point once asked to play on the rare occasion - like Giroud e.g. - while in reality he's far away from even being that youngster himself.

Against Villa i would rest christiensen, azpilicueta and Jorginho and would go for an attacking lineup. 

Mendy

Chalobah - Silva - Rudiger

Pulisic - Mount - Kovacic - Alonso 

Havertz  -  Werner 

Lukaku

Rotation will be key to keep all players happy. 

3 points incoming. I think we will be too strong for them in all areas. I for once don’t feel anxious ahead of this game, should be comfortable. Would like to see how Werner and Lukaku get on playing together. As people have said post Liverpool game, Werner would have made those passes into Lukaku. On the topic of Werner, if you want to feel optimistic or depressed… watch his last season all goals highlights  for RB Leipzig. I rewatched them over the weekend and if he can get back to that level we would win it all

Edited by jrshugo
Forgot to add something

On 28/08/2021 at 18:18, axman2526 said:

So James banned. Assuming our players ok over the waste of time break I would go with 

Mendy

Chalobah

Christensen

Rudiger 

Dave

Jorginho 

Kovacic

CHO

Ziyech 

Lukaku

Havertz

OK take out Jorginho for Saul, let's see what he has got.

I really hope the international break will pass successfully without injuries. 

Depends on how many minutes the players will play. Personally I'd go with some rotation as well.

-------------- Mendy -------------

-- Azpilicueta - Christensen - Rudiger -

CHO ---- Jorginho -- Kovacic --- Chilwell

-------- Ziyech --------- Pulisic -------

------------------ Werner -------------

I assume Lukaku will be playing regularly, Mount and Havertz as well. 

Tuchel did everything to keep CHO, I believe he is going to give him a chance to play.

COME ON CHELS!!!

I actually overlooked the fact that covid quarantine will effect matchday lineups. Now players need to be careful when they go on holidays and international duties. 

This Aston Villa side will be tricky but getting points here should still be achievable

I wanna see Chilwell start this one, not played a lot of football through no fault of his own over the past few months so need to get him up to match fitness. I believe he's been left out the England squad too so plenty of time on the training pitch to be ready tactically for the match. 

Mendy

Chalobah  Christensen  Rudiger

Azpi   Kovacic   Jorginho   Chilwell

Havertz  Lukaku  Werner

I imagine Gareth will have Mount playing every minute for England so might be a good time to rest him. 

On 29/08/2021 at 01:18, axman2526 said:

Mendy

Chalobah

Christensen

Rudiger 

Dave

Jorginho 

Kovacic

CHO

Ziyech 

Lukaku

Havertz

No Mount, are u sure some people will like that? But I like the line up. However, anytime James does not play, I always want to see someone who can make good crosses as well in that RWB. So, I want Odoi in that RWB, Aspi should rest.

I hope the manager will have the balls to rest Aspi sometimes this season.

Then at LWB, please let Chillwell be back please. Chillwell at LWB please.

Then I want us to try something new in the midfield. Let's have Saul and Jorginho partnership. Jorginho at the base trying to create play, while Saul assisting him with the defensive side, and also moving the ball forward to the attackers. I want Kante and Kovacic to rest, not because they are bad but to bring Saul up to speed and make us have four good midfielders in that midfield.

On 30/08/2021 at 19:41, comtrend said:

I would play the best possible team against Villa and rotate players for Zenit. 

Mendy

Chalobah-Christensen-Rudiger

Azp-Jorginho-Kovacic-Alonso

Havertz-Mount

Lukaku

So your best possible team, both defensively and offensively, is Alonso over Chillwell at LWB? wow.