Attila Szalai

Werner

A few reports that we have agreed a fee for him now ... 6'4" tall, so useful size for a centre back. He's left-footed, so perhaps he's seen as the Rudiger replacement on the left of the back three ? 

He can also apparently play left back ... 

This seems to have come out of no where but I am reading that Chelsea has an agreement in place to buy him for 20 million GBP in the January transfer window.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/11/chelsea-agree-transfer-deal-for-fenerbahce-star-attila-szalai-15581908/?fbclid=IwAR26EgApcOf5PzR9Q90twKAVIA5rdB1F8QnBmRs135eHLoQsHsE7F1wrTBA

Salary reported to be 3.4 million GBP a year.

With Rudiger, Silva, and Azpi reaching the end of their deals at the end of the season, Tuchel needs to have a defense ready for next season.  

Edited by Valpo

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

I wonder what this means for the Kounte deal

I doubt it has any impact on him.

If this deal is actually happening and again if he is actually any good, and he sounds quite promising, strong, decent pace and technique by all reports, it seems to me more of a back up/competition for Toni this season to allow Sarr to go play somewhere and then replacement for Toni next season.

That would give us 2 players locked down for defence for next season, him and Trev. 

We have probably a 50/50 shot of keeping AC given it is contract length rather than wage that is the issue with him, and most stuff coming out about him states he is happy with us and TT.

Silva will stay if both he and the club feel he can still compete at the top level.

Dave is an unknown as we hear next to nothing about his contract, other than finishing his career in Spain is an attraction.

So based on that:

2 for sure if this chap signs, and Trev

One probably in Silva 

One maybe in AC

One no chance in Toni

And one who knows in Dave

Best case we have 5 from that list, one soon yo be 38 in that season, one 33. Even with that Kounde would be fancied to nail down the RCB spot if signed.

Kounde---Silva/AC----AS

There’s rumours that Sliva wants to leave at the end of the season so that he can play his final season at Flamingo back home. Be a huge shame but understand it from his perspective 

he has a warriors name so that’s already something

i personally really like the attitude and mentality of the Eastern European players. 

he looks fast as well 

im really happy with this 

Would be nice if he would put Attila on the shirt 

image.jpeg.8c44e0ebdc3da0804a7222d666394f0f.jpeg

Edited by azpi28

Hate those compilation videos that make every player look like a combination of John Terry, Petr Cech, Peter Crouch, Lionel Messi, Zinedine Zidane, Tim Howard with a mixture of Kobe Bryant and Joe Montana. Can never tell if someone is actually worth a damn

44 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I love the idea of an "under the radar"  bargain Eastern European central defender who is physically opposing and is useful at both ends of the pitch ...

Reminds me of someone ... the name escapes me ...  :Troll_Face: 

UEFA Champions League on Twitter: "🔵 Branislav Ivanović joined Chelsea  #OTD in 2008✍️ #UCL https://t.co/4SEoVJcRYh" / Twitter

Azpi was very much an under the radar signing also, signed with very little fanfare at the time and was basically expected to be a squad filler/loan army member....

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

I love the idea of an "under the radar"  bargain Eastern European central defender who is physically opposing and is useful at both ends of the pitch ...

UEFA Champions League on Twitter: "🔵 Branislav Ivanović joined Chelsea  #OTD in 2008✍️ #UCL https://t.co/4SEoVJcRYh" / Twitter

please support human appeal dot org dot uk 

Edited by azpi28

Was speaking to a Fenerbahce fan - reckons this guy is definitely good enough for the Premier League which is a good sign. Looks like it could be a good signing. With Kounde too perhaps things won't be so bad after all without Rudiger, Silva, Azpi.

On 19/11/2021 at 07:46, Sexyfootball said:

You forgot ‘deceptively quick’ for a big lad!

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/11/2021 at 07:25, JM7 said:

There’s rumours that Sliva wants to leave at the end of the season so that he can play his final season at Flamingo back home. Be a huge shame but understand it from his perspective 

Jesus, can you imagine all three leaving the club? It’s so annoying, Silva I understand but Rudiger and Christensen, why can’t they just sign the damn contract.