Brentford v Chelsea (LC) Wed 22nd Dec 2021 19:45 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I think because of Brentford, who's game over the weekend was postponed due to their outbreak, this game will be postponed. If it is not though I believe we will have to add a couple of youth players to make up enough numbers so as not to risk Kante.

I am also assuming AC was not at Wolves because he got covid?

Kepa

Dave

Chalobah

Sarr

James

Barkley

Kovacic

Saul

Mount

Jude SB

Vale

Then the bench purley to make up the numbers with Toni, Ziyech (if fit), Marcus B, Alonso, Pulisic and anyone else that is not Silva or Kante.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

I think because of Brentford, who's game over the weekend was postponed due to their outbreak, this game will be postponed. If it is not though I believe we will have to add a couple of youth players to make up enough numbers so as not to risk Kante.

I am also assuming AC was not at Wolves because he got covid?

Kepa

Dave

Chalobah

Sarr

James

Barkley

Kovacic

Saul

Mount

Jude SB

Vale

Then the bench purley to make up the numbers with Toni, Ziyech (if fit), Marcus B, Alonso, Pulisic and anyone else that is not Silva or Kante.

I believe there is a meeting of all the clubs tomorrow to discuss on the next action in regards to the current outbreak. I don't think it will help much if 1 or 2 games are called off this week. The semi-finals are supposed to be played the week beginning Jan 3rd so if there is just 1 match to be made up it will further congest the fixture list at a time where it is already jammed. Probably makes sense to delay the entire set of QF's to that week, and then push the semi's back if possible. 

Just now, forbzy said:

I believe there is a meeting of all the clubs tomorrow to discuss on the next action in regards to the current outbreak. I don't think it will help much if 1 or 2 games are called off this week. The semi-finals are supposed to be played the week beginning Jan 3rd so if there is just 1 match to be made up it will further congest the fixture list at a time where it is already jammed. Probably makes sense to delay the entire set of QF's to that week, and then push the semi's back if possible. 

Aye but that is a football league matter, league cup is their competition so is up to them and the FA not PL.

Also club wont involve youth players as they are in their own separate bubble and had their last game called off due to covid outbreak. So no chance of Vale or others involved.

Could be if Brentford can put forward a team and we cannot, we forfeit the game. Some league cup games have been forfitted because of covid over past 2 years.

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Aye but that is a football league matter, league cup is their competition so is up to them and the FA not PL.

Also club wont involve youth players as they are in their own separate bubble and had their last game called off due to covid outbreak. So no chance of Vale or others involved.

Could be if Brentford can put forward a team and we cannot, we forfeit the game. Some league cup games have been forfitted because of covid over past 2 years.

A lot of clubs will presumably have this challenge. Brentford themselves were unable to field a team this weekend, and Leicester had to cancel their game against Everton this weekend due to a covid outbreak. Leicester are supposed to play Liverpool on Wednesday. With the isolation policies in place I cannot see how either team will be able to field a team this week. 

22 minutes ago, forbzy said:

A lot of clubs will presumably have this challenge. Brentford themselves were unable to field a team this weekend, and Leicester had to cancel their game against Everton this weekend due to a covid outbreak. Leicester are supposed to play Liverpool on Wednesday. With the isolation policies in place I cannot see how either team will be able to field a team this week. 

Yeah and we could kinda do with Leicester knocking out pool lol.

So long as we have 14 players make Brentford play reserves and youths, get the game done and dusted. Especially if the PL postpone games for the weekend.

All comes down to if Chalobah and Ziyech pass fit. If they do:

Kepa

Chalobah

Silva

Rudiger

Dave

Kovacic

Saul

Alonso

Mount

Barkley

Pulisic

Subs, Marcus B,  Sarr, James, Ziyech

Edited by axman2526

1 hour ago, The Don Antonio said:

We should just play the youth team and stick 2 fingers to the FA.

Imagine Getting injuries in this useless match

League is beyond us already imo and TT could do with another trophy. This would be nice, though priority should be given to the club world cup, whenever that is played.

So long as Brentford can put forward a team this game goes ahead. No new cases reported at us yet so they may have to dig in to their youth side which I imagine they will be fine to do.

So far we have the following free of injury and covid to use:

Keepers: Mendy, Kepa, Marcus B

Defenders: Dave, Silva, Rudiger, Sarr

Wingbacks: Alonso, James

Midfielders: Jorginho, Kovacic, Saul

Attackers: Mount, Barkley, Pulisic

Injury assessment pending: Kante, Chalobah, Zyiech.

15 to 18 players, including 3 keepers, depending on the injured 3. Kepa may need a players kit lol.

Looks like this will go ahead now. If I understand the isolation rules we have a few players who should be available to come back for Villa. Until then we will probably have to use academy players to make up the numbers. I would bring in Mbuyamba, Vale, Musonda, and Soonsup-Bell.

25 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Looks like this will go ahead now. If I understand the isolation rules we have a few players who should be available to come back for Villa. Until then we will probably have to use academy players to make up the numbers. I would bring in Mbuyamba, Vale, Musonda, and Soonsup-Bell.

Would also bring in Webster and Uw**ke as well.