Jump to content

Leandro Trossard


axman2526
 Share

Recommended Posts



11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Has said he wants to come here, question is do we actually want him?

 

“Our coach did leave for Chelsea now but speculations about me following him make no sense. If the opportunity arises, I want to go.”

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2022/09/brighton-star-leandro-trossard-admits-he-wont-say-no-to-chelsea/amp/

 

Nope.. bang average player who just wants a move to double his wages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, timetowaste said:

Would be a decent squad player but he isn't an improvement on what we already have, loaning out someone like CHO and bringing in Trossard would be pointless.

He's a far far better player than Pulisic.

I don't think Trossard is top quality and wouldn't want to pay a big fee to sign him.

But he's about the 10th winger we've been linked with where people have said "he isn't an improvement on what we have" since Boehly took over while every single one of them has vastly outperformed Pulisic and Ziyech for years and have continued to do so to start this season.

I think people forget just how bad our attacking options are.  Trossard being a vast improvement is the problem even if he himself isn't the perfect solution for us.

Edited by HazardousChoice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Wait, let me guess. £50m?

This seems to be the going rate for any player we are interested in. 

Probably, though I guess that means Fulhams 17 year old Luke Harris, who scored a hat trick past our reserves recently, is seen as a bargain at 30mill...lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HazardousChoice said:

He's a far far better player than Pulisic.

I don't think Trossard is top quality and wouldn't want to pay a big fee to sign him.

But he's about the 10th winger we've been linked with where people have said "he isn't an improvement on what we have" since Boehly took over while every single one of them has vastly outperformed Pulisic and Ziyech for years and have continued to do so to start this season.

I think people forget just how bad our attacking options are.  Trossard being a vast improvement is the problem even if he himself isn't the perfect solution for us.

I'd disagree. Pulisic has shown that he has it in him to be a very very good winger, his problem is is he isn't consistent at all which is what makes him not good enough, Trossard has never really shown that he would be anything more than a good squad player us, similar to a Kalou. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

I'd disagree. Pulisic has shown that he has it in him to be a very very good winger, his problem is is he isn't consistent at all which is what makes him not good enough, Trossard has never really shown that he would be anything more than a good squad player us, similar to a Kalou. 

Strongly disagree.  I don't think Pulisic is anywhere near as talented as Kalou was who contributed a lot more here than Puli has.

I think it's ridiculous to say Pulisic isn't consistent when he's been one of the most consistent players in premier league history,  he's just been consistently sh*t for 95% (no exaggeration) of his entire career.

If a player has 14 good games for every poor one no one label's him inconsistent, he's simply a good player who maybe didn't have his best game that week. We're not going to call Haaland inconsistent if he has a poor game next week.

But when you have someone like Puli who has 14 terrible games for every decent one there's a rush to suggest he's inconsistent or act like because he played well once he's shown he can do it and try to pretend that's his actual level.

Trossard could be a good squad player here.  I don't think Pulisic is squad player quality given how consistently poor his level is.

I'd love it if we could replace Pulisic with another Kalou.

 

Edited by HazardousChoice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HazardousChoice said:

Strongly disagree.  I don't think Pulisic is anywhere near as talented as Kalou was who contributed a lot more here than Puli has.

I think it's ridiculous to say Pulisic isn't consistent when he's been one of the most consistent players in premier league history,  he's just been consistently sh*t for 95% (no exaggeration) of his entire career.

If a player has 14 good games for every poor one no one label's him inconsistent, he's simply a good player who maybe didn't have his best game that week. We're not going to call Haaland inconsistent if he has a poor game next week.

But when you have someone like Puli who has 14 terrible games for every decent one there's a rush to suggest he's inconsistent or act like because he played well once he's shown he can do it and try to pretend that's his actual level.

Trossard could be a good squad player here.  I don't think Pulisic is squad player quality given how consistently poor his level is.

I'd love it if we could replace Pulisic with another Kalou.

 

I actually think the same one would still be better then Pulisic now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, HazardousChoice said:

He's a far far better player than Pulisic.

I don't think Trossard is top quality and wouldn't want to pay a big fee to sign him.

But he's about the 10th winger we've been linked with where people have said "he isn't an improvement on what we have" since Boehly took over while every single one of them has vastly outperformed Pulisic and Ziyech for years and have continued to do so to start this season.

I think people forget just how bad our attacking options are.  Trossard being a vast improvement is the problem even if he himself isn't the perfect solution for us.

& somehow Juventus were after him in the last window, and still want him in Jan. You bet Trossard’s name isn’t been thrown around in their board room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

& somehow Juventus were after him in the last window, and still want him in Jan. You bet Trossard’s name isn’t been thrown around in their board room.

If Juventus really wanted him they would have given us an offer we couldn't refuse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

& somehow Juventus were after him in the last window, and still want him in Jan. You bet Trossard’s name isn’t been thrown around in their board room.

Not only did Juventus not make an offer for him.

They turned him down in the summer when we tried to offer him as part of the De Ligt deal as they preferred cash.

By all accounts we offered Pulisic to Juventus, United, Milan and possibly Roma and there were no takers.

Not sure Trossard is quite as avaliable as Pulisic 

4 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Not if we are demanding €50m for a player the manager isn’t playing 

Dortmund demanded £58m when Puli couldn't get a game there and some mugs paid it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Not if we are demanding €50m for a player the manager isn’t playing 

We managed to get good (for 2014/15 standards) money for all the players Mou wasn't playing, even the ones he rightly wasn't like Lukaku and Schurrle.

If Pulisic was this great or even good player that we were criminally ignoring some team would have took advantage by now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

His contract at Brighton expires next summer, if Potter wants him and we can get him on a free, why not?

He isn't a bad player and has played over a hundred matches for Potter, so knows his system.

If he would accept moderate wages, a medium length contract and a role as a squad player, it could be worth a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another former Genkie. I wouldn't mind. Bring them all in. 

Berge, Trossard, Milinkovic-Savic, Carassco,... 

And while we are at it, let's get KDG and Courtois back as well.

They are all used to play in Blue and white anyway. 

 

Jokes aside. I am very Bias for obvious reasons.

So I won't say if he is good enough or not. But he would def suit much better at Chelsea than Pulisic. 

He is a very creative player and is very familiar with the way Potter loves to play (and playing in front of Cucu). 

Also when he plays for Belgium, much more danger comes from him, than from Hazard in the last year

(not that this means a lot with Hazard being so out of shape - Thanks for that Real...). 

He just is always able to do that one extra cut back or drible to get a defender off balance and for his size doesn't easily lose the ball. 

Low center of gravity and a very good drible on a square meter like Hazard had, which is ideal when you play against very defensive teams. (Altough lightyears away from Prime Hazard obviously) 

I would see him as a very good addition to the squad at least an improvement to Puli and Hakim in our system. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up

Well, this is awkward!

Happy Tech GIF by Atlassian

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

Sure, let me in!