Enzo Fernandez - Officially a Blue!

People need to understand what Fabrizios and Ornsteins words mean. What is clear is we are trying to make the deal but the end result is very much on balance. Ornstein said we are not going to pay what we are not comfortable with. Fabrizio is clearly leaning onto his intuition about our businesses. He feels if we are this aggressive it usually means a deal but in no means he said it is done. 

For what is worth I would love to sign Enzo but highly doubt it that we can pull it off. 

Also, why shouldn't he come here, we won the Champions league, showing great ambition to create a young successful team for years to come. Apart from Man city no other team has being as successful as Chelsea in the past 20 years so if I was a player i would love to have the opportunity to sign for Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Gentian said:

For what is worth I would love to sign Enzo but highly doubt it that we can pull it off. 

Also, why shouldn't he come here, we won the Champions league, showing great ambition to create a young successful team for years to come. Apart from Man city no other team has being as successful as Chelsea in the past 20 years so if I was a player i would love to have the opportunity to sign for Chelsea.

Also we're spending money on young hungry players like him. When the dust settles we are going to have a squad that is top tier and stability at the top - unlike Liverpool and united who are going to go through massive change in the next 12 months. We will be competing next season and Enzo would be central to that.

2 hours ago, Gentian said:

He would be untouchable in the midfield for a top team that wants to win and in one if not the best league in Europe, he can't lose. Hope Crespo also put in a good word.

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

This Chelsea presents a risk to someone like a Enzo, a Gvardiol, a Endrick etc.

It is a fine club to come to if you know you are limited player (like Cucurella), spend more time on the doctors table than playing (like Fofana, Wesley) or you are seaking a big money retirement (like Koulibaly, Auba, Sterling etc).

However if Enzo is as good as @Argoand others have said he is he should hopefully have people who care about his chances at adding to that world cup say to him "let this one pass mate, bet on a sure thing, you are too good to risk it".

Is too late for Nkunku, is not too late for Enzo yet.

Who’s side are you on? I’m glad you’re not advising him that’s for sure.

37 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

Who’s side are you on? I’m glad you’re not advising him that’s for sure.

Taking off the blue tinted specs mate.

We can hardly say we are a safe bet. Sure we are spending lots of money, but most of it has been wasted badly so far.

Tier 1 Argentine source. 

Enzo Fernández tiene un acuerdo contractual con Chelsea. Su entorno está esperando que Benfica y Chelsea se pongan de acuerdo en la forma de pago.
La venta va a rondar los 120 millones de euros.
River va a ganar cerca de 30 millones de euros.
Tiene que resolverse en estas horas. pic.twitter.com/6iQ0RbHICI

— Gastón Edul (@gastonedul) January 2, 2023

Enzo Fernández has a contractual agreement with Chelsea. His environment is waiting for Benfica and Chelsea to agree on the payment method. The sale will be around 120 million euros. River is going to earn close to 30 million euros. It has to be resolved in these hours.

27 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Tier 1 Argentine source. 

Enzo Fernández has a contractual agreement with Chelsea. His environment is waiting for Benfica and Chelsea to agree on the payment method. The sale will be around 120 million euros. River is going to earn close to 30 million euros. It has to be resolved in these hours.

Usually I'm pretty relaxed as it's not often the talk goes this far without happening but I'd be desperate for this guy even if we were running away with the league so can't take anything for granted until he's holding the blue shirt 🤣

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Usually I'm pretty relaxed as it's not often the talk goes this far without happening but I'd be desperate for this guy even if we were running away with the league so can't take anything for granted until he's holding the blue shirt 🤣

Benfica would be crackers to turn down the money reputedly being offered. We’re prepared to meet the astronomical buyout plus a little extra as a sweetener. If they wait till summer, he’ll move for nearer his true value of about 80m. It really is a no brainer for them! As for us paying so much over his ‘true’ value, this bloke had better be able to shoot lightening bolts out of his arse or we’re fooked.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Taking off the blue tinted specs mate.

We can hardly say we are a safe bet. Sure we are spending lots of money, but most of it has been wasted badly so far.

Get them back on quickly, the rumours pages are my only escapism from the depression of our actual football.

1 minute ago, charierre said:

Benfica would be crackers to turn down the money reputedly being offered. We’re prepared to meet the astronomical buyout plus a little extra as a sweetener. If they wait till summer, he’ll move for nearer his true value of about 80m. It really is a no brainer for them! As for us paying so much over his ‘true’ value, this bloke had better be able to shoot lightening bolts out of his arse or we’re fooked.

Oh yes I absolutely agree he has to be held to high standards.

Nothing annoyed me more than when Lukaku and Torres weren't being held to their price tags (and their big mouths) so I'm not going to be a hypocrite just because I rate him so highly.

Just now, Argo said:

Oh yes I absolutely agree he has to be held to high standards.

Nothing annoyed me more than when Lukaku and Torres weren't being held to their price tags (and their big mouths) so I'm not going to be a hypocrite just because I rate him so highly.

I’v e no doubt he is a very good player. But at the price we’re paying  which is well over the odds, if this goes tits up, we’re the next Barcelona ,Leeds…

9 minutes ago, charierre said:

image.gif.e68cda4e4a18cf4ea22fe66c18015fc6.gif

13 minutes ago, charierre said:

I’v e no doubt he is a very good player. But at the price we’re paying  which is well over the odds, if this goes tits up, we’re the next Barcelona ,Leeds…

If this was any other player (we could realistically get) I'd absolutely be nervous also and probably be against it but I honestly believe this is a Hazard/Kante level gamechanging signing.

I know we got them a lot cheaper but a pre Neymar to PSG market this price is probably the equivalent of around £70m and without thinking I'd have paid that for those two if we absolutely had to (looking back now if we didn't get either we'd almost surely be on a 12 year title drought right now).

Ofcourse maybe we should have had the foresight to get him from River and if the new structure was in a year earlier maybe we would have but what's done is done.

24 minutes ago, charierre said:

It's really not how it works. 

If it goes tits up, it's like havertz. Who we could probably still sell this summer for 45/50m to Bayern. 

That means Havertz cost us 40m or so. The same will end up being true of Enzo, his value will still hold in 4/5 years. 

Whereas Lukaku, that's a f**k up. 

3 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

If it goes tits up, it's like havertz. Who we could probably still sell this summer for 45/50m to Bayern. 

That means Havertz cost us 40m or so. The same will end up being true of Enzo, his value will still hold in 4/5 years. 

Spot on, and the deals are amortized over pretty lengthy contracts for young players (or old, like KK!)

7 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

He’s worth around 80 at present if it goes wrong suddenly we drop to around 40. We are paying around 40/50 over market value, that is not good business unless he delivers. It also puts pressure on any future dealings if we throw money around Willy nilly.  We all hope he now does the business but let’s not kid ourselves there is risk in this transfer. Below is one of many graphics you will find around the web right after the World Cup. Fees are what clubs are prepared to pay admittedly, this though really is at the top end of the market. 

6 minutes ago, charierre said:

He’s worth around 80 at present if it goes wrong suddenly we drop to around 40. We are paying around 40/50 over market value, that is not good business unless he delivers. It also puts pressure on any future dealings if we throw money around Willy nilly.  We all hope he now does the business but let’s not kid ourselves there is risk in this transfer. Below is one of many graphics you will find around the web right after the World Cup. Fees are what clubs are prepared to pay admittedly, this though really is at the top end of the market. 

Risk yes but weve made much riskier transfers than this. I'm never that stressed by paying big money for 21 year olds. It's big stars at end of careers that concern me from a financial pov. 

1 hour ago, Argo said:

If this was any other player (we could realistically get) I'd absolutely be nervous also and probably be against it but I honestly believe this is a Hazard/Kante level gamechanging signing.

I know we got them a lot cheaper but a pre Neymar to PSG market this price is probably the equivalent of around £70m and without thinking I'd have paid that for those two if we absolutely had to (looking back now if we didn't get either we'd almost surely be on a 12 year title drought right now).

Ofcourse maybe we should have had the foresight to get him from River and if the new structure was in a year earlier maybe we would have but what's done is done.

Everyone be ready for @Argoto be for thus guy what Gol is for Jorgi, what Mod is for Pulisic etc etc 😉

46 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

How much is it worth if he helps us qualify for the champions league?

Tons, he will probably cr@p out golden eggs too in that case because it is as likely as us making top 4 with who we have have in place.

That is unless Todd goes out and lands the Croatia keeper, a miracle worker to get and keep James, Kante and Chilwell fit. Sign Bellingham, sign Casemiro, sign Kane, etc etc.