Enzo Fernandez - Officially a Blue!

Sconnie Blue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

If we sign him in January I repeat, the PL hasn't seen such a transfer happening. It would be a huge statement from the new owners and everyone involved.

If it happens I won't believe it... Till I hear Klopp crying about how we spent a lot of money and then I'll just laugh let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

8 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

If we sign him in January I repeat, the PL hasn't seen such a transfer happening. It would be a huge statement from the new owners and everyone involved.

If it happens I won't believe it... Till I hear Klopp crying about how we spent a lot of money and then I'll just laugh let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Posting a CHO gif in a thread for a player Argo desperately wants us to sign? You may just want become his favorite poster Jorgi boy 😉

A friend of mine who’s a Benfiquista tells me that he was well above any player when he arrived to Benfica and he’s well impressed with him. He’s strong, his distribution is very good, he’s got a good technique and is capable of scoring too. He doesn’t understand how on earth he came to Benfica rather than going to any other league. But he also thinks that 120 m € is crazy for a midfielder. I guess that it’s crazy money, and match going fans like me will end up paying higher prices for the tickets. But we need a rebuild of the midfield and I’m happy that that is being looked at.

12 minutes ago, RMH said:

A friend of mine who’s a Benfiquista tells me that he was well above any player when he arrived to Benfica and he’s well impressed with him. He’s strong, his distribution is very good, he’s got a good technique and is capable of scoring too. He doesn’t understand how on earth he came to Benfica rather than going to any other league. But he also thinks that 120 m € is crazy for a midfielder. I guess that it’s crazy money, and match going fans like me will end up paying higher prices for the tickets. But we need a rebuild of the midfield and I’m happy that that is being looked at.

A great midfield is the cornerstone of a successful team (you need atleast 1 world class CB as well) and our midfield overhaul has been long overdue.

2 minutes ago, Nick05 said:

A great midfield is the cornerstone of a successful team (you need atleast 1 world class CB as well) and our midfield overhaul has been long overdue.

Our best sides, in my opinion, had an elite 3 midfielders as part of the spine.

From Maka, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Cesc. These 5 were absolutely outstanding as players and leaders. 

We want to compete for the title again? Enzo on his own is not enough, he needs 2 more elite level midfielders around him.

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Our best sides, in my opinion, had an elite 3 midfielders as part of the spine.

From Maka, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Cesc. These 5 were absolutely outstanding as players and leaders. 

We want to compete for the title again? Enzo on his own is not enough, he needs 2 more elite level midfielders around him.

Hope the new recruitment team can find a few diamonds in the rough because we can't hope to spend 300 mill on midfielders alone especially when Kante and Jorginho may leave for free.

Just now, Nick05 said:

Hope the new recruitment team can find a few diamonds in the rough because we can't hope to spend 300 mill on midfielders alone especially when Kante and Jorginho may leave for free.

Oh that would be ideal for Carney, Casadei or the like to become players of that ability. We can take credit for Lamps but the other 4 came to us as top class already.

Lots of people no doubt tuning in to Braga v Benfica in a few moments to see what the fuss is all about. 

I don't think we'll be paying 120m release clause. Especially not with the likes of Tielemans available for free in the summer. Oldest rule in the football transfers is don't sign players because you saw them do well in a tournament, but I guess we'll see whether the Americans have heard about that rule.

1 hour ago, Nick05 said:

This is a great point. If you look at the top teams they all have a top midfielder that allows the team to play 4 at the back and also play a more attacking option next to them.

City - Rodri

Arsenal - Partey

Liverpool - Fabinho

& now United have Casemiro who has improved them massively.

I think the bosses see Fernandez as the closest they can get to Bellingham in the market, with Bellingham more likely to go to Liverpool or City. It’s a now or never moment.

11 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Lots of people no doubt tuning in to Braga v Benfica in a few moments to see what the fuss is all about. 

I don't think we'll be paying 120m release clause. Especially not with the likes of Tielemans available for free in the summer. Oldest rule in the football transfers is don't sign players because you saw them do well in a tournament, but I guess we'll see whether the Americans have heard about that rule.

Probably tuning in expecting he screws a knee.

3 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Cmon now he hasn't signed for us yet. That bit happens after we fork over the 120m.

Nkunku tried to blur that line!

My goodness, this is a lot of money and as Chelsea fans rarely to our large transfers really come off.  The successful big tickets (relative to their time) would be Drogs, Essien, Hazard, Lampard, Maka, Robben (some would argue 18M was cheap, but it was a long time ago).

Dare I start the "it didn't go so well list" - Shev, Lukaku, Timo, Morata, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Torres, Veron

Our best ones are the low steals - Cahill, Ivanovic, Giroud

Anyway, has he signed yet!