Enzo Fernandez - Officially a Blue!

Sconnie Blue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

That’s a lot of money but its likely if we waited till the summer window other big clubs would be in for him and we’d likely lose out. So it’s pay big right now or not get him at all. It’s clearly a statement signing in an area we’re going to need to overhaul anyway. I wonder if we’re still keen on Declan Rice. Mac Allister is another option being mentioned too. 

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

Not only the price tag, the wages are scary. Apparently he is on £45k/wk at Benfica, had an agreement with Liverpool at £100k/w. Boehly has gone in at £200k/w to lure him to Chelsea. 

It's not like he's going to be the biggest wage earner here. He's at the above average percentile of Chelsea player's wages

10 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

If he comes here is has to be for the big money, not ambition. This team is full of dead weight and going nowhere but down.

He will come for both as those two go hand in hand and automatically we're going up!

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

People thought signing Sterling, Koulibaly and Cucurella upgraded us too. How is that working out so far?

I kinda didn't, part from Koulibably I was skeptical about the rest and still remain so.

Story time, the one thing OGS did was to buy Bruno Fernandes in January and that alone prolonged his manager career at Man United, all he did was to automatically put him in the middle of the pitch as the AM in a 4-2-3-1 and his season was saved. All Potter needs to do is to put Enzo as the DM and watch.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

I kinda didn't, part from Koulibably I was skeptical about the rest and still remain so.

Story time, the one thing OGS did was to buy Bruno Fernandes in January and that alone prolonged his manager career at Man United, all he did was to automatically put him in the middle of the pitch as the AM in a 4-2-3-1 and his season was saved. All Potter needs to do is to put Enzo as the DM and watch.

Same thoughts. I am very surprised by Koulibaly struggling. But signing Enzo is a no brainer even at such a huge sum. He is only 21 and can have a similar impact to Hazard. However Cucurella, Lukaku and Sterling never made any sense to me. 

Have to question the advice he is getting if he cannot wait half a season to be able to join a City, Real or Liverpool instead or coming here.

If you take off the blue tinted specs you see each of those sides as likely winners of many honours that have elite winners in the teams, and as managers.

3 minutes ago, Term_X said:

When you start to analyse the way Potter is currently utilising the midfield, hope and excitement for new signings just evaporate. He’s still a fairly young manager and there’s time for change but nonetheless. 

This Chelsea presents a risk to someone like a Enzo, a Gvardiol, a Endrick etc.

It is a fine club to come to if you know you are limited player (like Cucurella), spend more time on the doctors table than playing (like Fofana, Wesley) or you are seaking a big money retirement (like Koulibaly, Auba, Sterling etc).

However if Enzo is as good as @Argoand others have said he is he should hopefully have people who care about his chances at adding to that world cup say to him "let this one pass mate, bet on a sure thing, you are too good to risk it".

Is too late for Nkunku, is not too late for Enzo yet.

4 hours ago, Term_X said:

When you start to analyse the way Potter is currently utilising the midfield, hope and excitement for new signings just evaporate. He’s still a fairly young manager and there’s time for change but nonetheless. 

It's 1 match where Mount and Zakaria pushed too high up the pitch but how about the previous one, you know where James played, did he make any difference? From what I saw the first 45 minutes should have ended 3:0 for us, but 2:0 was enough for a routine win, so saying that 1 quality player won't make any difference is wrong.

Enzo would provide a lot of quality to whichever team he goes and specially to us. saying that he won't improve us is like saying that James being healthy doesn't improve us either.

17 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Ornstein vs Romano round 2. 

Ornstein recently reported that the rumors the deal is advanced isn't entirely accurate, and that we may walk away if it is too much. Romano now reported that the deal is very well advanced. 

Who won round 1?