Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2023/24

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

50 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

image.thumb.png.56aca9ac051d300ff64ae67892c6d833.png

Anti football technology, complete bollocks

Yeah this is why we have VAR. To rob football on moments like this from Coventry, who have been away from the top flight for a long time, and take away a shot at glory in the final, over what? Is he even a fraction off? Don't look like it.

This is by far, far worse than  our call yesterday. Disgraceful.

5 hours ago, mojo said:

Andreas with a second header in a row

32 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Unreal, the bloke couldn't head a ball to save his life for us. 

Goal machine now lol

Just watched the Conventry 'offside' goal again, almost identical to the one chalked off us in the FA cup final against Leicester few years ago. It's all about timing when they drew the line and whether the line is even straight😗 Great way to kill off one of the best come back in FA cup ( or English football history).  A Manchester derby final will sell so much better in tickets and TV broadcasting, right? 🤫

14 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I think Forest will be in trouble for that club statement. Oh boy.

What do they mean by colandering options? Suing the ref and VAR? The PL? FA? Demanding a replay?

I watched the penalty shouts on tv thought two of them were marginal yet one think the last should have been a penalty.

Interesting to see what happens next.

On VAR for offsides, I don't think the tech was delivered for marginal offsides more blatant offsides.

Why do they need a ruler surely if it is just used for clear offsides then there is no debate instead it has descended into an art form which then takes much too long to analyse. 

3 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Just watched the Conventry 'offside' goal again, almost identical to the one chalked off us in the FA cup final against Leicester few years ago. It's all about timing when they drew the line and whether the line is even straight😗 Great way to kill off one of the best come back in FA cup ( or English football history).  A Manchester derby final will sell so much better in tickets and TV broadcasting, right? 🤫

I had the exact same thought about our 'offside' equaliser against Leicester. My memory of that was that on the freeze-frame the ball leaving Silva's foot was a weird oval shape, indicating they had frozen the action a frame or two too late. (This also happened in the Carabao final when Palmer's through-ball to Jackson was also a blurred oval when the still was captured).

I watched yesterday's FACSF with my United-supporting son-in-law, and he spotted the same thing when the action was first frozen (without the lines) - the ball had clearly left the Coventry player's foot. When they later showed the freeze-frame with the lines drawn to show the attacker's toe nail was possibly offside, they had moved the still back a frame or two, and the ball was now in contact with the passer's boot (as it should be according to the offside law).

Silva to Chilwell:

image.png.a71ea30c42630a736fba678f07560a90.png

Coventry:

image.png

Edited by Backbiter

18 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

United fans probably wished they lost on PK, so Ten Hag get sacked after the game. Instead, they will need to endure the rest of the season with him in charge.

United fans seem to be split on Ten Hag.

Nothing will change at United if they sack Ten Hag, they have too many pr merchants in their squad.

Glad to see Forest are not backing down. VAR is supposed to eliminate the human error, yet is all down to what the VAR wants to do.

Like our appeal for handball on Saturday. Ref gives a goal kick so clearly he does not think it hits the City player at all. So VAR has a duty, since it hit a hand in an unnatural position, to make him at least check it.

Ditto Taylor vs Forest. Young fouls the player, Taylor says he got the ball, he clearly did not, Taylor must be sent to the screen. How can he not be? Human bias.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Glad to see Forest are not backing down. VAR is supposed to eliminate the human error, yet is all down to what the VAR wants to do.

It’s also only suppose to be for clear and obvious errors not spending 10 minutes to show a toe nail being offside. 

Edited by Munkunku

6 minutes ago, Munkunku said:

It’s also only suppose to be for clear and obvious errors not spending 10 minutes to show a toe nail being offside. 

Indeed it is. The fact they do take such time to chalk off goals over a knats pube yet don't see it as a clear and obvious error when the ref signals "no foul, he got the ball" and VAR can clearly see the defender did not get the ball tells you everything you need to know. Run by at best incompetent and, more likely, corrupt, individuals.

I recall both Arsenal and Liverpool had a good crack at VAR earlier this season, so Forest has every right to go at it. If AT said no after reviewing it, it's on him. VAR referee somehow decided to ignore not 1 but 3 incidents just absurd.

6 hours ago, Munkunku said:

Clear and obvious has never applied to offside. I don't know why though, because I don't know a single fan of the sport that was asking for VAR to get involved with goals that may be a cm offside. All we ever wanted was to see the big errors sorted out.