Crystal Palace vs Chelsea (PL) Monday 12th February 2024 20:00 GMT

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Be very surprised if we don't make a couple of changes at HT. This could be it, lose this and we will get an interim manager this weekend.

Won't happen. We still have deeper to go before that happens

7 minutes ago, El regreso said:

I don’t see why everyone is upset we are getting the performance we expected against Villa. I didn’t expect anything from this game or anything going forward. When we do get a result then I take it as a surprise but outside of that I don’t expect anything.

What's annoying is that it was a great performance. Probs one of the best we've seen all season. So what the f**k has gone on since last Wednesday. Poor effort, or lack of, tonight 

13 hours ago, Gonoir Beniashile said:

Palace will defend with a basic 2 banks of 4 and 10 men behind the ball at most times. It'll be up to us to break them down.

With that in mind there's absolutely no reason to deviate from the successful tactics we employed against Aston Villa.

Nkunku comes in for Conor to add more guile to our attack. The returning Colwill in for sicknote Badiashile.

Screenshot_2024-02-12-07-45-33-100-edit_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

4 minutes ago, AndyDowsleftflank said:

True. Gallagher has been largely anonymous, while Caicedo and Enzo are competing for worst performance of the season. No point in blaming singular players though, the team doesn’t work at all so everone looks bad

Precisely. We can keep possession , pass etc in own half but there doesn't seem to be a plan to break out of that. A decent coach will change that at half time. I think we have the players to punish this Palace side.

2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Will people stop criticising Silva for christs sake. What is he supposed to do when there is no passing options.

He doesn’t need to take 10 touches to make the same sideways pass he could have done with one touch.  Gary Neville is saying the same thing and he knows a lot more about football than us!

We need someone a bit cuter to find the little pockets of space behind their midfield, receive on the half turn, and thread balls either wide, or in the channels.

We play in a large 'u' shape from one side to the other like a horse shoe. Occasional we get a cross in, and occasionally we lose the ball and get done on the counter.

We cant go long to the striker, because we dont even have one, and the players that end up receiving in those spaces are mainly Gallagher and Enzo, and both just lose the ball.

Really hoping we show something this half. Even though I am fully in for the long project this type of football is so inspiring to watch. Have some good movies on my watchlist... much better than this turdball.