Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Of course you're entitled to that opinion. However, he is the only player currently in our squad that will command a transfer fee of £150+M if and when we sell him.

What's that got to do with anything. I'm not talking about money.

Edited by Famous CFC

5 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

What's that got to do with anything. I'm not talking about money.

Okay, I'll spell it out for you.

You said, he's not world class and not our best player. Many of us actually think he is both of those things and the fact that a club like Real Madrid would be willing to part with £150M would also suggest they think he's pretty f**king good too.

4 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Okay, I'll spell it out for you.

You said, he's not world class and not our best player. Many of us actually think he is both of those things and the fact that a club like Real Madrid would be willing to part with £150M would also suggest they think he's pretty f**king good too.

No need to spell out anything lad. Transfer fees are a joke in general. Kudos if they want to pay 150 mil for him. If that's who they want then will pay what they want or what Chelsea ask. Crack on. 

Of course transfer fees are a joke and have been over-inflated for a while now. But the fact remains regardless of the figure, it's the very top players that command the biggest fees and that's why (if we do have to sell him) Hazard's will be a club record because he is one of the top players in world football.

Edited by Nibs

On 15/03/2018 at 20:06, Theafonis said:

Nah he was just out shined, out pressed, and out hustled. The Barca defenders locked him up very well, credit to them. When they have with someone like Messi in the training ground, shackling a pretender like Hazard was probably light work. 

I think going forward, if he leaves, I won't care too much. The guy doesn't have what it takes mentally to take it to the next level. Needs to look himself in the mirror. 

Big call this. This could come back to haunt you when he leaves and we get Aaron fking Ramsey as a replacement!

Im always interested when people don't think Hazard is world class but no one ever doubts David Silva is world class? am i missing something? i dont get it.
David Silva is More consistent and also is a different player to Hazard

18 minutes ago, Brutos said:
14 hours ago, jack_super_class said:
Im always interested when people don't think Hazard is world class but no one ever doubts David Silva is world class? am i missing something? i dont get it.

David Silva is More consistent and also is a different player to Hazard

More consistent at what? Hazard scores more goals than him, more assist, dribbles past way more players, creates more chances, more key passes. And yet no one ever doubts Silva is world class.

7 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

More consistent at what? Hazard scores more goals than him, more assist, dribbles past way more players, creates more chances, more key passes. And yet no one ever doubts Silva is world class.

Plus Hazard, and Willian come to that, have to play the ball off of a crying nancy that is always falling to the floor bitching. Just imagine how good Hazard could be working with the likes of Aguerro, Jesus, Sane and De Bruyne pulling the strings. If Sterling can look international standard in that company just imagine what Hazard and Willian could achieve.

We only call these players inconsistent because its all that we have in the team and therefore they have to do everything. There are many games where Messi does very little, but nothing is said because Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar (previously) step up and take the limelight.

1 hour ago, TheChelsRVA said:

If we don’t make top 4 this season you guys will get your wish I think, as silly as that wish is. Eden will leave and we will be stuck with willian as our only creative source. 

I think your right,I'm sure he will go if we don't make top 4.

1 hour ago, TheChelsRVA said:

If we don’t make top 4 this season you guys will get your wish I think, as silly as that wish is. Eden will leave and we will be stuck with willian as our only creative source. 

Unless he also goes....to Man Utd to replace that cheating odious tw@t Herrera

4 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Plus Hazard, and Willian come to that, have to play the ball off of a crying nancy that is always falling to the floor bitching. Just imagine how good Hazard could be working with the likes of Aguerro, Jesus, Sane and De Bruyne pulling the strings. If Sterling can look international standard in that company just imagine what Hazard and Willian could achieve.

We only call these players inconsistent because its all that we have in the team and therefore they have to do everything. There are many games where Messi does very little, but nothing is said because Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar (previously) step up and take the limelight.

I think if hazard was the creator and we had 3 or 4 other players to rely on fir goals, then people would appreciate why he brings to team more. 

We have been looking to hazard to score goals, when it isn't his natural game, he is a patchy goal scorer. When he's got in a good period in terms of scoring goals, it seems to garner some resentment towards him, which is feel is totally unfair. 

10 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

So glad you're here to set it straight, can't believe what I'm seeing lately. 

Don't get me wrong David Silva is in my opinion world class but to say Hazard isn't in the same league is ridiculous. So far Hazard has won just as many league titles as David Silva has and Silva has been in the league a lot longer. Silva was actually rather poor after 2012, only now he's recovering his old form. 

I think a few posters on here are the Hazard brothers. Would make a lot of sense. Another average performance from this so called world class performer. Was only one world class player on show for Chelsea today. 

Edited by Famous CFC

48 minutes ago, Slojo said:

So glad you're here to set it straight, can't believe what I'm seeing lately. 

Don't get me wrong David Silva is in my opinion world class but to say Hazard isn't in the same league is ridiculous. So far Hazard has won just as many league titles as David Silva has and Silva has been in the league a lot longer. Silva was actually rather poor after 2012, only now he's recovering his old form. 

Hazard's going through his first dip in form in 2 years and people are now getting on his back. See how quickly people forget just how important he was for us last season and this season. It was only a few weeks back people were saying that we were screwed without Hazard. Hazard has been dragging us along all season and has more often than not been our only player contributing to the attack, that seems to have been forgotten about by a lot of people of late though.

All of a sudden Willian is a player of the season candidate (even though he only started performing 5 months after the season started ) and Hazard shouldn't be even considered. A run of poor games from Hazard and some people have already forgotten about what he has done this season.

41 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

I think a few posters on here are the Hazard brothers. Would make a lot of sense. Another average performance from this so called world class performer. Was only one world class player on show for Chelsea today. 

Or maybe we haven't forgotten about everything Hazard has done for us this season. So he's going through a bit of dip in form right now, it happens to all players, even world class ones. You have been getting on Hazard's back a lot of late, where is the same criticism for the rest of the squad who have been off form since the season started? The only ones that have shown any consistency at certain points this season are Hazard, Christensen, Rudiger and Kante, the rest have been up and down throughout, including the player in your profile pic who you can't seem to find any fault with.

24 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Hazard's going through his first dip in form in 2 years and people are now getting on his back. See how quickly people forget just how important he was for us last season and this season. It was only a few weeks back people were saying that we were screwed without Hazard. Hazard has been dragging us along all season and has more often than not been our only player contributing to the attack, that seems to have been forgotten about by a lot of people of late though.

All of a sudden Willian is a player of the season candidate (even though he only started performing 5 months after the season started ) and Hazard shouldn't be even considered. A run of poor games from Hazard and some people have already forgotten about what he has done this season.

People have very short memories, like I said on the Morata thread, too many fickle people. 

Willian was absolutely slandered to bits more than a month ago and now many see him as player of the year. I do actually criticise Hazard a lot, but I've been criticising him all season, not just now. I don't think he's done enough, but that doesn't mean I want him sold, that doesn't mean I don't think he's our best player in the team.