Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I think we'd lose him if we ended up empty handed and finish 5th, he's at the peak of his career and he won't hang around for another rebuild. He said he could sign, but nothing came out of all the talk, if even he signs on he could include a 200M release clause which is easy buy for the PSG and Real. Taking him off yesterday was an awful decision, I'd expect a fall out story tomorrow if there hasn't been out already, and they'd be some truth in it.

Hard to disagree.

If we miss out on top 4 that’s two out of the last three seasons he hasn’t been able to play on the biggest stage in football. Hard to think a player like Hazard will accept that, especially when there is no guarantee we’ll make it next season either.

And to add to that it seems like nobody has any idea who’s going to manage us next season.

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

Its just stats. Nothing more. They dont show that Morata is lying around and lazing in the grass half of the 90minutes that he plays. I would take either of belotti/werner over him.

Werner will be playing like Batshuayi in our current system 

He isn't a target man who Conte favours 

The contract circus is now saying he will sign a contract only if he has a Real Madrid release clause. Probably nonsense as per usual with the media, but if it isn't, it would be an odd contract to agree to. The club would do it so they have more leverage with his price, but where does that leave us? Having a player that isn't committed to the club as he has one eye on Spain would surely be counter productive. Hopefully it's rubbish, but the way the game is going it seems entirely possible.

Let’s not forget he is 27 now, if we persuade him to stay for next season then I am certain we’ll have a decent chance of keeping him for good.

I doubt Real Madrid would be interested in buying a player who is nearing 30’s, hopefully they will be more interested in buying the next big thing.

8 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Let’s not forget he is 27 now, if we persuade him to stay for next season then I am certain we’ll have a decent chance of keeping him for good.

I doubt Real Madrid would be interested in buying a player who is nearing 30’s, hopefully they will be more interested in buying the next big thing.

That's a fair point, I just don't like the idea of having a player on a contract who has a release clause for another club.  I can understand relegation clauses, team performance based clauses etc but this seems too much.  Surely if you sign a contract, you're 100% committed to the club and that is where you want to be.

Edited by Fendieta

13 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

If we want any hope of keeping him happy we need to put conte on the famous "gardening leave" and bring in a manager with some balls to him.

At the same time I don't want conte rewarded with a huge payout for being a petulant child so is a real rock and a hard place situation.

f**k it, pay the money and get rid now.

It was so painful watching Hazard today, imagine his thoughts when he knew he was playing that bloody role again. I felt so sorry for him, long balls and when Pedro got the ball he was getting nothing, Pedro was useless. I know he was just walking about and never looked interested and some people would never accept that but I could understand 100% why he felt this way and just watching him on that pitch made me feel his better than this.

13 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

What is even more frustrating about going with the false 9 is that it's not even used correctly. If Conte insists on using it, then put Pedro upfront and Hazard on wing. It probably won't win us games, but at least we would see Hazard more involved and actually playing some football.

Conte is too scared, with Pedro he gives you more defensively. 

33 minutes ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

TBF Arsenal tied Ozil down in their current state.

People on here are ridiculously negative when it comes to Hazard this season, they're more confident than Madrid fans that Hazard will go there. It's almost as if they see him with a Real Madrid shirt on everytime he plays. 

5 hours ago, Slojo said:

People on here are ridiculously negative when it comes to Hazard this season, they're more confident than Madrid fans that Hazard will go there. It's almost as if they see him with a Real Madrid shirt on everytime he plays. 

Not without a reason though. The quality of football that we are playing, the quality of players we are bringing in. Nothing really shows progression or intent to keep a world class player.

Lets hope PSG give them a beating. They are already out of copa and not in the running for liga. A trophyless, trophy-challenge less season at RM must be a sackable offence?
Unfortunately psg is without Neymar so I can't see them turning that around

such a waste playing Hazard as a false 9 when were hoofing the ball up front. Hasn't a chance of winning long balls.  service to him was awful.  no wonder he looked as if he didn't care.  He's being driven to look for a transfer if this continues.

Most visibly frustrated I have ever seen him. 

Was clearly unhappy with the way the team were set up, were playing and performing. 

When you've got a talent as big as that in your team, you have to listen to him as well. Clearly it wasn't working, should have bought on Giroud/Morata as soon as City scored and let Eden drop deeper to try and wrestle some control of the game back. 

He's completely wasted playing up front, he doesn't hurt anyone being that far forward all the time and I hope we see the failed experiment of him playing upfront alone die after yesterday's game.