Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, TomCFC85 said:

Not sure if this is what you mean but are you saying Neymar left because La Liga wasn't competitive? 

No! When I said competitive I was making the point of Hazard, the Premier League is usually very competitive. 

But Neymar leaving Barcelona to play in another league certainly meant something. 

He talks often of just wanting to enjoy his football, there is no enjoyment playing for us whatsoever right now. 

Even if we sack conte today and bring in a replacement, there's no guarantee we'll play any better, whereas he could go to Real or Barca and know immediately he's going to enjoy it. 

Sad to say, but I'm now 100% convinced he will leave in the summer. 

On 2/3/2018 at 08:22, Slojo said:

He's actually having one of his worst seasons in a Chelsea shirt for me, I think he's been quite poor in a lot of games recently. 

You have got to be kidding mate. I think he has been great. Its the supporting cast that has let him down hopelessly. Put messi in WHU/WBA and see how much impact he can make every game. 

One of the problems with Hazard is how little support he is receiving from the rest of the team. At one point last night he was making a run and he had 3 Watford players around him and another one coming in to help the other 3. Not one Blue shirt in the area to trying a give him a bit of help. That is definitely doing to be a motivating factor in him leaving if he does go, in my opinion. Why would he stay here if he's going to be the one doing all the work and getting very little out of it?

52 minutes ago, didierforever said:

You have got to be kidding mate. I think he has been great. Its the supporting cast that has let him down hopelessly. Put messi in WHU/WBA and see how much impact he can make every game. 

Last night he was great, last month he wasn't. 

26 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Last night he was great, last month he wasn't. 

To a certain extent, true. But lets look at why? I remember that game against arsenal (away). By god, he looked knackered. He has been playing and literally carrying the team since his injury, non-stop. Even those cup games against norwich and newcastle, he started one and had to play a decent part in the 2nd. In a lot of those games last months, I saw a world class player fatigued and still being heads and shoulders over his peers, just like last night. 

We need someone to take the load off him. Playing the likes of pedro who is the bloody definition of a passenger, is what is ruining us at the moment. 

His work rate and desire, not to mention his wonder strike, towards the end of the game were exemplary. I think its a case of when, not if, when it comes to him leaving. My selfish opinion would be to keep him and let him run his contract down. I believe there is enough of London in his heart that he would do that. Will be a sad, sad day when it comes. And I thought losing Mata was painful. 

1 hour ago, southlondonblue said:

Can't stand him in the false 9. He's way too good on the ball to be the final link in the chain. Put him absolutely anywhere else so he can see a lot of the ball and the ball will get up to a proper 9 much quicker and more often.

I think he has improved his game in that position a little as he actually tried to make runs this time instead of always waiting for the ball to come to his feet with his back to goal, trying to be a bit more Vardy except nobody could even launch the ball over to him as there was no space in midfield. 

I hope people really try to remember their thoughts on how Eden is playing as a 9 during a game rather than just quoting stats when defending it, yes we won some games but he was poorly used in them and it made unnecessary hard work to score.

On 2/6/2018 at 08:57, adineen98 said:

One of the problems with Hazard is how little support he is receiving from the rest of the team. At one point last night he was making a run and he had 3 Watford players around him and another one coming in to help the other 3. Not one Blue shirt in the area to trying a give him a bit of help. That is definitely doing to be a motivating factor in him leaving if he does go, in my opinion. Why would he stay here if he's going to be the one doing all the work and getting very little out of it?

This is a tactics and formation problem. If we are going to start games with 8 or 9 defensive players, then players like Hazard are always going to struggle.

32 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Club has to keep him at all costs and give him whatever money asks for. Today's performance once again shows that he's not only the best player on the team, but the most important and is irreplaceable at this point.

Everyone wants him to stay of course but I'm not sure money alone will be enough to make that happen. 

I hope I'm wrong but history says it's hard to fend off Real Madrid when they come calling for one of your players.