Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

27 minutes ago, Semper Fi said:

If I was in Eden's shoes, regardless of me being a Chelsea fan, I would choose to move at Real Madrid. He would be stupid not to push for a move. He has stayed with us long enough and everyone knows we are not of RM's club stature, where if you do great, you will for sure be in the pantheon of Worlds Best after retirement. 

Nothing wrong with not being one of the top 3 biggest clubs in the world. We sure are not heading that way any longer either. We are losing what we were, let alone pushing on to becoming one of the top clubs in the world. 

I have resigned to believing that he will both be joining Madrid next year and I wish him the best of luck. He deserves it. 

I do not believe we will be losing Courtois though. I don't think he is good enough to become Real Madrid's mainstay goalkeeper. That will probably be David De Gea of Manchester United.  

So even though you are a Chelsea fan, you would still move to Real Madrid ? I don't know how any fan of a club could say something like that. 

If i was a Chelsea footballer, i would never leave. If i moved to any other club it would feel like a step down. There is no way i could get as emotionally involved playing for another club if i just left the club i have supported since i was a kid.

16 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

So even though you are a Chelsea fan, you would still move to Real Madrid ? I don't know how any fan of a club could say something like that. 

If i was a Chelsea footballer, i would never leave. If i moved to any other club it would feel like a step down. There is no way i could get as emotionally involved playing for another club if i just left the club i have supported since i was a kid.

It's easy to say that without ever having to put it to the test, but lots of players leave clubs they are emotionally invested in, for the better of their career. Hazard would have a much much bigger chance of winning the Champions League if he joined Real or Barca or PSG, than staying here. It depends what he wants out of his career.

22 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

You say that now, but I hardly believe your sentiment will stand true if it was put to the test. If you had the chance to move for one of the largest fee's recorded in history- followed by a major increase in your income (Chelsea would never match Real Madrid type contracts)- topped off with having the chance of becoming one of the legends in the game in one of the biggest if not the biggest club in the world...... you too would surely walk to that better pasture my friend. 

Is winning more trophies more important than happiness though? like for example sure Bale has won 3 CL at Real Madrid but he hasn't ever replicated his form from Spurs at Real Madrid. At Spurs he was the main player everything went through him he was the star and at Madrid he's just another player, i think Hazard enjoys playing that role for us.

If you asked Bale if he was happier playing at Spurs, banging goals in every week and winning player of the year, or playing at Real Madrid i reckon he would say he was enjoying his football more wen he was at Spurs. Thats the way i hope Hazard sees it.

But how will he know that without actually experiencing it? If he doesn't do it, he can't regret it. I can't imagine Hazard not going to real at some point in the future. I don't know if it will be this summer or not, but it's definitely coming.

Hazard has always admired and dreamt of playing for real and now a manager is there that he really respects.  I don't know how he feels about Chelsea but he says all the right things and appears to be enjoying himself here.  His family is settled and he can be the main man and become a legend at a single club.  He looks to be having fun here with Willian and others, so I truly hope he stays.  

But the ambition of our club needs to meet his.  We must first compete in the transfer market, then on the pitch.  Otherwise I fear we lose both our manager and star player.  

6 hours ago, Semper Fi said:

You say that now, but I hardly believe your sentiment will stand true if it was put to the test. If you had the chance to move for one of the largest fee's recorded in history- followed by a major increase in your income (Chelsea would never match Real Madrid type contracts)- topped off with having the chance of becoming one of the legends in the game in one of the biggest if not the biggest club in the world...... you too would surely walk to that better pasture my friend. 

If i was a regular at Chelsea and seen as a key player, then nothing would make me leave. The money i would be earning to do something i dreamed of doing as a kid would be more than enough for me. Obviously we can't be 100% sure unless we put it to the test, but knowing my personality as much as i do, i'm very sure i wouldn't be interested in Real Madrid.

Just use Terry as an example. He could have played for any club in the world, he choose to stay with us until he was getting zero minutes on the pitch. Even if Real Madrid had put a world record bid in for him at his peak, i'm certain he would have stayed with us. 

1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

Is winning more trophies more important than happiness though? like for example sure Bale has won 3 CL at Real Madrid but he hasn't ever replicated his form from Spurs at Real Madrid. At Spurs he was the main player everything went through him he was the star and at Madrid he's just another player, i think Hazard enjoys playing that role for us.

If you asked Bale if he was happier playing at Spurs, banging goals in every week and winning player of the year, or playing at Real Madrid i reckon he would say he was enjoying his football more wen he was at Spurs. Thats the way i hope Hazard sees it.

Injuries have hampered Bale's RM career but i'm sure he has been happier playing at Real winning 3 European Cups with some of the world's best players. Regarding Hazard i have a feeling he puts happiness before trophies, i think he would rather be settled with his family and has enough money. Just my opinion though.

4 hours ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

Don't mind if he leaves, just want him (and Courtois) to sign a contract first so we get fair price for him.

Essential. 

I dont want hazard to leave until he can no longer play. But its critical to get those 2 to sign a new contract. 

Moreover, if we had to sell them, then so be it. They should fetch close to 300mil and pay off half the expected stadium fee. Atleast then we can stop signing players like barkley and giroud/carrol/barnes/crouch

7 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Yep. Even if we were offered £300m i would rather keep the player. 

I would also have little faith in us actually spending that money on top quality replacements too.

You only have to look at Liverpool post Suarez and Tottenham post Bale to see how difficult it is to replace such key players, they both pissed the transfer money away on a load of mediocre players. Players like Hazard only come around occasionally, and we were lucky to get him while he was still an up-and-coming player in the French league. He's easily worth more than half a dozen new squad players.

There is no way he's signing a new deal and staying at Chelsea until he's 30. He's in the prime of his career now and Real is perfect for him. They like a game changer of a player at Real, and Eddie fits the bill. He's carries Chelsea a lot of the time, and, well I think he's back had just about enough. As much as you want to dream he's staying, this is his last season at Chelsea. It's going to be sad, but it all makes perfect sense for Eden. I could imagine the chat with manager, Eden with a tear in his eye saying, "Boss, I think it's time for a change." I'm sure deep down he loves Chelsea and would want to stay, but in his heart he knows it's time to move on. 

Well we would need to assure him in the summer that next season we will be looking to win major trophies and build a suitable team around him. Otherwise, like others have said, he may feel that he has more chances of winning trophies elsewhere, especially at madrid.

Let's be honest, with City and Utd strengthening it will be tougher to the win the premier league. The champions league will be harder to win, and only real madrid have the players to build around hazard and bring in another top player to support him. 

After this season I do think we would have had the best of him anyway. It's just difficult to invest the money we get for him into another player of similar quality as majority of them already plah for top clubs. 

20 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Real are wanting to build their next team so I think they’ll be all in for Eden in the Summer.

Absolutely. Eden would be lethal at Real with the supporting cast around. Imagine receiving balls from, Isco, Kroos, Modric, and linking up with CR7 and Marcelo. Unfortunately it's a massive step up from Chelsea in every way. 

I can't help think he'd struggle at Real. He's an amazing player, no doubt, but he's not consistent enough. The Real fans expect the best week in week out and they will be on his back after a little while.

On 30/01/2018 at 13:26, Famous CFC said:

Absolutely. Eden would be lethal at Real with the supporting cast around. Imagine receiving balls from, Isco, Kroos, Modric, and linking up with CR7 and Marcelo. Unfortunately it's a massive step up from Chelsea in every way. 

You seem unusually excited about Hazard going to Real Madrid. 

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

He's actually having one of his worst seasons in a Chelsea shirt for me, I think he's been quite poor in a lot of games recently. 

I don't think he's been that poor. Only game he was poor was the Leicester game. Other games he always offered something to the team. He created opening, chances. 

I do think he's been left  a lot more isolated this season then the seasons before. The shift from a 3-4-3 to a 3-5-2 while at first it seemed like it worked, the Atletico games come to mind, but we soon saw teams adapting to it and realizing that it made our attack extremely narrow and all the focus was on Hazard and Morata. So teams just defended extremely narrow and pretty much crowded Hazard anytime he tried to get on the ball. 

Also it would help if he wasn't being forced to play as the striker. LThe 0-3 against Bournemouth was the 7th time he was playing that position.

It just isn't his position, it leaves him too isolated, difficult too reach and we simply need him to move the ball forward from midfield into the opponents final third. 

You want Hazard to get on the ball as much as possible but these last months we've been doing the opposite.