Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Doubt it will be anywhere close to 200m. He is a neither here nor there kind of a player for Madrid. Nowhere near as good as an in form Ronaldo but surely an upgrade over Bale.

It must be a hard decision for them on the one hand they the have a great player desperate to come to them on the other hand spending crazy money (even 150m) on him seems unjustifiable.

Only way I see this transfer working is if Hazard forces Chelsea to sell on the cheap.

Was fecking useless against Barca tonight.

And let's not forget that Hazard complained about his best position in front of media, got EXACTLY what he wanted by being a left winger, but still got outperformed by Willian.

It's a ridiculous to suggest that Hazard is a top 5 player, never mind a top 10 player.

Tonight shows exactly why the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona  etc will stay away from the likes of Eden.

At his best, he's in the top 3 players in the world but his best doesn't come round often enough. He's 27 now and will be entering his prime yet still turns in similar performances as he did when he first joined.

Will be over the moon if he stays as he's far and away our best player but this is inveitably why I think we'll keep him, he hasn't got the killer instinct that Madrid etc require.

I think we can put to bed this notion that he is up there with Ronaldo & Messi.

He is a very good player but no, he’s not at that level.

I thought Willian upstaged him tonight.

Maybe when we get a world class striker that will help him towards achieving at that level. 

10 minutes ago, 2211 said:

I think we can put to bed this notion that he is up there with Ronaldo & Messi.

He is a very good player but no, he’s not at that level.

I thought Willian upstaged him tonight.

Maybe when we get a world class striker that will help him towards achieving at that level. 

Nobody ever said he was at their levels, no player on the planet is. If anybody did, they were part of a small minority.

Hazard is Hazard, he's not perfect and he does frustrate me sometimes, but he is easily our best player and i will be gutted if he leaves.

If PSG do come knocking for 200 million i would not mind selling him. From the times when i saw a direct counter-attacking threat from the likes of Oscar, Willian, Hazard when Hazard first joined us, I feel he has regressed. HE is trying more to be a creative passer than a goal scorer. And there are games when we need a goal scorer and not a passer.

18 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Nobody ever said he was at their levels, no player on the planet is. If anybody did, they were part of a small minority.

Hazard is Hazard, he's not perfect and he does frustrate me sometimes, but he is easily our best player and i will be gutted if he leaves.

I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular but you hear from the media or people interviewing him and there could be a danger of him believing the hype.

I certainly don’t want him to leave either, and I agree he’s our best player but he does need to turn up a bit more in the big matches.

I just thought Willian was better tonight. 

Edited by 2211
Mistake

37 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Nope.

Willian has outperformed Hazard for months now and is Chelsea's most dangerous player.

Edited by Aryagorn

24 minutes ago, Aryagorn said:

Nope.

Willian has outperformed Hazard for months now and is Chelsea's most dangerous player.

Hazard has outperformed Willian for YEARS though. Willian on current form is more dangerous, but its clear that Hazard is the more dangerous player overall. I wouldn't say that Willian has been outperforming Hazard for months either. Willian has been better for the last month, from January to mid February they were equal and before then, Hazard was having the better season by far. 

Willian now needs to carry this form on into next season. The Willian we are seeing now needs to be the norm.

I have to laugh at the people saying he should go and wouldn't be a loss....he is the most talented footballer we have had in years and will probably not have the same any time soon if he does go. Take the money yet we all know it won't be reinvested properly because we just can't seem to replace the players...the good players we sell. Downgrades on Matic, Cech, Costa and so on.

It's looking very likely we won't have CL next year so add that to the fact 3 clubs in our league can outspend us and offer more in terms of money and challenges then it's impossible to replace players like Hazard. He is the only world class player or top tier level player if you prefer that we have left. He is a talent we don't have elsehere and won't get elsewhere. Yes he has poor patches and doesn't reach the heighs he should but believe me without him we will be a very ordinary side who will struggle to reach the things we have done of late.

We are where we are because we have sold our better players and replaced with cheaper inferior footballers. 

13 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

I have to laugh at the people saying he should go and wouldn't be a loss....he is the most talented footballer we have had in years and will probably not have the same any time soon if he does go. Take the money yet we all know it won't be reinvested properly because we just can't seem to replace the players...the good players we sell. Downgrades on Matic, Cech, Costa and so on.

It's looking very likely we won't have CL next year so add that to the fact 3 clubs in our league can outspend us and offer more in terms of money and challenges then it's impossible to replace players like Hazard. He is the only world class player or top tier level player if you prefer that we have left. He is a talent we don't have elsehere and won't get elsewhere. Yes he has poor patches and doesn't reach the heighs he should but believe me without him we will be a very ordinary side who will struggle to reach the things we have done of late.

We are where we are because we have sold our better players and replaced with cheaper inferior footballers. 

AS someone who just posted that I would not mind letting Hazard go if PSG offered 200 million for Hazard, I will have to respond. I respect your take on it, but i feel like we are talking different problems. Our current plight is that of the old Liverpool who sold Torres and brought sh*tty replacements that screwed the squad. The newer Liverpool sold Suarez/Coutinho and bought decently priced players (save VVD) and are in top 4 and also playing some of the best football. So the problem really is not selling but replacing. 

Also, I dont see Hazard staying with us once his contract is over esp without Champions League football.

9 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

Poor from Eden tonight, you need to stand up and be counted in games like this.

Another big game last night and Hazard goes missing, when did he perform in a really big game and make the difference to it, I can't remember, superb against your West Broms and Stokes but need him in the games when it matters.

Yep, fantastic player on his day, extremely frustrating player when he's not. If he went to somewhere like Real or Barca, he would probably find he had more time and space to perform, and in that respect he would probably excel. For us though, I would like to see far more from him. As some have said above, he is our best player in regards to technical and natural skill. But he is not our most important player at the moment. That honor goes to N'Golo! 

What is the point of £200 million when we will only spend it on garbage like Bakayoko, Morata and Zapacosta?

To sign the best players it will take over £100 million these days and if any other top club want them then we are at a distinct disadvantage.

Who would replace him? The likes of Dyabla and Greizmann are fantasy, they have their choice of clubs who can offer way more than we can these days.