Leicester Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 09 Sep 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

Why are people opting to play hazard....not a chance, he might come on but starting is madness we have 7 games in 3 weeks he needs edged back in, wanting him to start is so short sighted, not worth it, we should be able to  beat Leicester without him. 

To be honest the more the team gets used to winning without him the better, we have relied on him too much in he past, we need to compliment his play not feed everything through him and if he has an off day we are sh*t, this is good for the team. 

I don't think Willian and Moses will start as they played in Brazil and Africa respectively. Conte will be aware of the dangers of jet lag. As others have mentioned, we have a busy old month coming up but, fortunately, we don't have to travel very far. Leicester were awful in both games against us last season but, with Shakespeare now at the helm, I expect a harder game. Saying that, their midfield is ordinary with James still finding his feet after two years out with injury. N'Didi is good though.

1 hour ago, old git said:

I don't think Willian and Moses will start as they played in Brazil and Africa respectively. Conte will be aware of the dangers of jet lag. As others have mentioned, we have a busy old month coming up but, fortunately, we don't have to travel very far. Leicester were awful in both games against us last season but, with Shakespeare now at the helm, I expect a harder game. Saying that, their midfield is ordinary with James still finding his feet after two years out with injury. N'Didi is good though.

(Africa) or should i say Nigeria is in the same time zone as england so no jet lag for Moses there buddy. Willian on the other hand might be tired because he played the whole 90 mins both games but he boarded a private jet with the ciy and liverpool boys and should be available to start besides we have an average player that needs game time that can sub in for him i  the second half (HAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD)

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

I think we beat these comfortably. Leicester aren't brilliant and I don't rate Shakespear at all. They shouldn't have appointed him. 

Know what you mean as he isn't a big name but still a bit harsh seeing as he turned things around when it looked like Ranieri was taking them down last season.

3 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

(Africa) or should i say Nigeria is in the same time zone as england so no jet lag for Moses there buddy. Willian on the other hand might be tired because he played the whole 90 mins both games but he boarded a private jet with the ciy and liverpool boys and should be available to start besides we have an average player that needs game time that can sub in for him i  the second half (HAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD)

Long haul flight fatigue isn't just time zone issues, the pressure change for several hours fatigues you. If a plane cabin was the same as ground pressure at 40,0000 feet the cabin would be under too much stress and eventually get stress fractures. To counter this the cabin pressure rises with the outside air pressure, so at cruising altitude even the inside cabin pressure is equivalent to being at 10,000 feet, less oxygen and the humidity is extremely low, it's like being up an extremely high mountain, sitting in that for several hours isn't going to devastate a high level athlete but it will effect them for a day or so, why do you think you feel groggy after a long flight, the time zone issues come later. If I was a manager I would want at least 24 hours to recover after a long flight, being in peak physical condition matters at this level. 

4 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Long haul flight fatigue isn't just time zone issues, the pressure change for several hours fatigues you. If a plane cabin was the same as ground pressure at 40,0000 feet the cabin would be under too much stress and eventually get stress fractures. To counter this the cabin pressure rises with the outside air pressure, so at cruising altitude even the inside cabin pressure is equivalent to being at 10,000 feet, less oxygen and the humidity is extremely low, it's like being up an extremely high mountain, sitting in that for several hours isn't going to devastate a high level athlete but it will effect them for a day or so, why do you think you feel groggy after a long flight, the time zone issues come later. If I was a manager I would want at least 24 hours to recover after a long flight, being in peak physical condition matters at this level. 

Very good point about the cabin stress. Moses flight is 4-5 hours and in the same time zone which isnt bad and he was even pictured training with the lads .Willian on the other hand is going on a long flight and through time zones which is a double whammy. The jet lag will def affect Willian , Moses will be fine. 

5 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Good points. We might even play like we did against Tottenham, 3-5-2.

My guess is:

Gk

Azpi Luiz Rudiger

Moses Bakayoko Kante Cesc Alonso

Pedro Morata

I don't see Conte risking Hazard, given we got like 7 games in 3 weeks, need to blend him in slowly. Away game against a pacey team, expect a more solid midfield than the Kante/Cesc/

The first game after international break is always trick, never know what we will do from fatigued players.

According to Conte press confererence 

, Hazard is fit and ready to start - he has stressed how well Zappacosta is playing and how he already knows the Chelsea system.  Us being away - I have a feeling we are going to see Hazard Zappacosta and Bakayoko. I think the international break came at the perfect time for Chelsea cause Conte seemed happy with everything and how he had Luiz Bakayoko and the other guys for the 2 weeks to work on the system!  I expect fireworks from Chelsea tomorrow! 

Leicester away is one of the more tricky fixtures, but I'm much more confident than I was last week before international break. Hazard played for Belgium and is now ready to start for us again, Morata scoring a couple of goals for Spain, Willian scoring the Brazil winner and Zappacosta getting MOTM for Italy. So pretty much the whole team that went on international duty did the business and will return to our team even more confident and inform than before. I'm confident that will continue tomorrow.

2-0 (Morata and Alonso)

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!

::ChELSeAFaN::::ChELSeAFaN::::ChELSeAFaN::

18 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

How are we expecting Leicester to line up?

Schmeichel; Simpson, Morgan, Maguire, Fuchs; Ndidi, idk; Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki, Albrighton

In midfield it's a toss up between anyone besides Ndidi. They'll probably setup like against Utd and I don't think they'll throw in their new signings against us from the 1st minute.

I don't know anything about Iborra or Dragovic but that name is bound to stir some headlines

Chelsea have a confidently decent squad now. I am one of those who think the transfer window is quite good. 

The line up today will most likely be:

Courtois

Dave------Luiz-----Rudiger 

Moses----Kante----Baka----Alonso

Pedro-----Morata-----Willian. 

A two-man central midfield allows for a forward line of 3 attackers, Leicester may be tough, but still one of the very beatable sides. Hence, a more attacking setup. 

Hazard will likely not start, as he needs to be eased into competition, and there are more competitive matches ahead to prepare him for. 

Zappacosta surely can't be rushed to play, it's not like we have a crisis on the right wing back. 

Drinkwater will also need to start from the bench. 

My main delight is that despite the strong team above, we still have the following to make a 7 man bench from:

Caballero, Christensen, Zappacosta, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Hazard, Willian, Batshuayi. 

Considering that we still have Cahill, Kenedy, Baba and Musonda somewhere, I will say we have a very good back up for the hectic schedule ahead. 

On 07/09/2017 at 17:26, The Don Antonio said:

Very good point about the cabin stress. Moses flight is 4-5 hours and in the same time zone which isnt bad and he was even pictured training with the lads .Willian on the other hand is going on a long flight and through time zones which is a double whammy. The jet lag will def affect Willian , Moses will be fine. 

I thought this was the leicester v chelsea match thread, not an aviation seminar!!