Could the tinkerman beat the special one?

The Brit

roma won today to overtake inter at top of serie a with something like five games to go...considering claudio has won very little in his managerial career, something jose made a point of mentioning when he took over at SB, it would be some achievement if he took roma to the title

I have been backing Roma to win it for a while now. It is amazing to think how huge a gap INter have thrown away, not something you would ever expect from a Mourinho side and certainly not from a team that defended as well as they did against us.

Come on Don Claudio!

you gotta back Ranieri. Guiding his hometown club to ultimate glory, and rubbing Mourinho's face in it.

Inter's implosion should give those who think the sun shines out of Mourinho's arse pause to consider. We know he's good tactically and that he has a great mind for the game. But again it seems man-management and club relations are not what they should be. Things which Ranieri has got the knack for.

Let's see in 5 games, but this could be a victory for 'nice' managers.

I dislike Roma and I don't like Ranieri. But on the other hand I absolutely hate Inter and José has behaved like a world class c*nt at times.

So all in all I really do hope Roma wins it.

Can't help but wonder why Ranieri didn't do this at Juve instead. ;)

Could it be that Mr Nice wins the Scudetto but Mr Nasty lifts the Champions League trophy again? After all Inter as a club yearn for that holy grail even more than our own Mr Roman.

If that happened the legend of The Special One would grow a thousand fold.

Now there's something for the Mourinho haters to ponder.

Go on Jose. Go get it.

I dislike Roma and I don't like Ranieri. But on the other hand I absolutely hate Inter and José has behaved like a world class c*nt at times.

So all in all I really do hope Roma wins it.

Can't help but wonder why Ranieri didn't do this at Juve instead. ;)

He took you to third one season after you got promoted back from Serie B after your shameful match fixing. I think that was as good as anyone could expect. He then had one bad run of games in his second season and got sacked. Pretty harsh I thought. Roma trusted him to resurrect a club which seemed to have lost its way a bit under Spalletti and they are now top of the table whilst Juve are 7th - just about where they deserve to be, maybe a little higher in fact.

Go on Claudio..I never put any stock on the "nice guys don't win" scenario...more likely nice guys don't go on about it so much and take all the credit for it.

I also doubt anyone wants a CL trophy more than our Roman, hopefully a nice guy will get him one in the next couple of seasons.

ha ha- an excellent synopsis if I ever heard one... I think the gap was something like 18 points when Claudio took over, in any case, Inter's slide in the league is embarrassing in every possible way, especially in their reaction to it. I would be very surprised to see Inter beat Barca, when Eto'o was away at the ANC they were playing spectacular football with narrow 4321 JM created, now with him back we're seeing Eto'o moved all over the place, but more than that it seems the formation was just a temporary success. The one thing I can say for Inter this season is that they are amazing on the counter attack and that Sneijder & Milito can beat anyone alone on their day.

Could it be that Mr Nice wins the Scudetto but Mr Nasty lifts the Champions League trophy again? After all Inter as a club yearn for that holy grail even more than our own Mr Roman.

Go on Jose. Go get it.

Was waiting for this just. If Jose can beat this year's barca, then hats off to him. I've never doubted Jose's ability to win big trophies, and often.

But it seems he has problems with sustaining succes at a single club. At Chelsea, by all accounts, the dressing room started turning against him when the results weren't flowing in in 06-07. And we know Roman tired of him. At Inter he has kept them at the same same level as before his arrival, but has been seriously disgruntled this term - won't talk to media, makes overtures to the PL, and the results in the last three months would have any fan thinking hard about management. Would you accept a run of 8 draws/losses from 12 league games, with the league's best squad and not wonder...?

He might yet pull off the Scudetto and CL, or he may draw a blank on both. Either way it wouldn't much change my opinion of him. Ranieri will never be as a good at winning trophies as Mourinho. Of course. But he does have real strengths and if Jose doesn't want to remembered as mercenary, good at winning campaigns but not wars then he could learn a thing from Don Claudio's 'niceness'.

Ranieri's too nice to win anything surely. Otherwise everything we've been told is wrong.

I thought Ranieri was a class act after we beat Arsenal in the CL 1/4 final, and we all know what happened in the next round don't we. :D

I have no affiliation to either club, so good luck to both of them.

I think Jose may be focusing his team too hard on the CL, and I bet he is under immense pressure to deliver.

However, I did notice the Jose started this whole "I don't like Italian Football, and they don't like me" once the wheels started coming off in their title chace

Scott

Was waiting for this just. If Jose can beat this year's barca, then hats off to him. I've never doubted Jose's ability to win big trophies, and often.

But it seems he has problems with sustaining succes at a single club. At Chelsea, by all accounts, the dressing room started turning against him when the results weren't flowing in in 06-07. And we know Roman tired of him. At Inter he has kept them at the same same level as before his arrival, but has been seriously disgruntled this term - won't talk to media, makes overtures to the PL, and the results in the last three months would have any fan thinking hard about management. Would you accept a run of 8 draws/losses from 12 league games, with the league's best squad and not wonder...?

He might yet pull off the Scudetto and CL, or he may draw a blank on both. Either way it wouldn't much change my opinion of him. Ranieri will never be as a good at winning trophies as Mourinho. Of course. But he does have real strengths and if Jose doesn't want to remembered as mercenary, good at winning campaigns but not wars then he could learn a thing from Don Claudio's 'niceness'.

I take it by the phrase, "dressing turning against him", you mean the highly disgruntled Shevchenko bleating to the highly disgruntled owner. That hardly constitutes losing a dressing room IMO. Your Captain coming into the dressing room after a CL's semi-final defeat and angrily asking the manager, in front of the other players, "what the fu*ck was that?" in question of his substitutions and tactics, that, I believe is a clear indication of losing a dressing room and the belief of your players.

I read part of an interview with Steve Clarke a short while ago where he talked about Jose's remarkable attention to even the smallest detail in pre-match preparation and how the training was the most intensive and inventive he has ever witnessed. Frank Lampard has said the same. Jason Cundy on Talksport, a man with clear inside knowledge of what happened at that time, regularly talks about the awe and respect the players had for JM and his methods. Indeed, when it occured all the players talked about how shocked they were at Mourinho's sacking. However, if you have any evidence that a number of players had lost faith in Jose and wanted him out, please show it to me because I haven't read that.

Go on Jose. Go get it.

Cough.

I take it by the phrase, "dressing turning against him", you mean the highly disgruntled Shevchenko bleating to the highly disgruntled owner. That hardly constitutes losing a dressing room IMO. Your Captain coming into the dressing room after a CL's semi-final defeat and angrily asking the manager, in front of the other players, "what the fu*ck was that?" in question of his substitutions and tactics, that, I believe is a clear indication of losing a dressing room and the belief of your players.

I read part of an interview with Steve Clarke a short while ago where he talked about Jose's remarkable attention to even the smallest detail in pre-match preparation and how the training was the most intensive and inventive he has ever witnessed. Frank Lampard has said the same. Jason Cundy on Talksport, a man with clear inside knowledge of what happened at that time, regularly talks about the awe and respect the players had for JM and his methods. Indeed, when it occured all the players talked about how shocked they were at Mourinho's sacking. However, if you have any evidence that a number of players had lost faith in Jose and wanted him out, please show it to me because I haven't read that.

While this may be true, the coaches Ancelotti has managed to glean from MilanLab are the most advanced not just in football but in any form of sport. I have extremely high hopes for them.

Hi just- sorry I didn't see this till now. By 'dressing room turning against him' I mean:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...sea-credit.html

Say what you like about Fergie and whinger but they've kept on top of their players and maintained good relations with the board. It's still relatively early in Jose's career, but so far he's come unstuck quite quickly at Chelsea, given his success. (Was it Roman's ambition? Was it the dressing room? Was it his combative style? Probably some of each.) And now, before two seasons are up at Inter he's talking about moving back to the PL. That must please his squad, and give them something to aim for longterm. Right?

Talent, a killer work ethic and narcissicism may win prizes in the short term, but it doesn't add up to much as far as I'm concerned unless it is sustained success with a club, and long-term relations with the supporters.

Cough.

I think just getting to the final, after all the hype about Barca and Messi, would be a spectacular achievement.

But I dont think it would take away from what Claudio is doing, at least not in the eyes of the Italian press. They will have a field day if Inter do blow the title and Roma take it.

Archived