Random Rumours

Money

Varane was an absolute beast of a defender and could be argued the best defender in the world, especially when they were winning Champions Leagues.

However, the last two years he has been torn apart by city twice and in comical fashion, and we made fairly light work of him too in the CL. It quite astonishing how he's regressed to be fair, and whilst if he regains his form, there's very few better, I guess we just weren't willing to take that risk

Guest Sindre

Fair play to United. Two weak areas they had to adress and they've gone and got two terrific players.

We are falling behind here in the market. 

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Fair play to United. Two weak areas they had to adress and they've gone and got two terrific players.

Just gotta have faith in TT to get the best out of who we have.

40 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Just gotta have faith in TT to get the best out of who we have.

Why though? Once again we win a big title after finally catching up a little (hiring the right manager) only to stand still and let other teams move further ahead or catch up. Just seems crazy to me - especially in an off-season where FFP has been suspended.

27 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

Why though? Once again we win a big title after finally catching up a little (hiring the right manager) only to stand still and let other teams move further ahead or catch up. Just seems crazy to me - especially in an off-season where FFP has been suspended.

And to sack that manager mid season as the team is outside top 4......

3 hours ago, Adamrb said:

Cannot get the players he and the club want for sensible fees? Maybe he was not interested in Sancho or Varane?

17 hours ago, Sindre said:

Honestly you could say that about every single transfer window for them and they're always not delivering somehow and having to repeat the cycle looking for the holy grail.

Needed a CB, signed Baily, then signed Lindelof, then Maguire, then Varane, then...

Needed a CM, resigned Pogba, signed Matic, then Fred, then Bruno, then Van den Beek, then...

Though I'll admit it's the first time in ages I think they've got good deals for the money instead of overspending, let's see if the tenth time's the charm.

17 minutes ago, Brigadeiro said:

Honestly you could say that about every single transfer window for them and they're always not delivering somehow and having to repeat the cycle looking for the holy grail.

Needed a CB, signed Baily, then signed Lindelof, then Maguire, then Varane, then...

Needed a CM, resigned Pogba, signed Matic, then Fred, then Bruno, then Van den Beek, then...

Though I'll admit it's the first time in ages I think they've got good deals for the money instead of overspending, let's see if the tenth time's the charm.

It's true and it doesn't mean it will all come together for them under a poor manager imo. I think a lot of it, from myself included, comes from the lack of noise and business from our end.

I think we'll go into the season with Broja, Abraham, Werner & Havertz as our striking options. 

I think we'll probably make two signings a cb and either a midfielder or a player that can play multiple positions. It seems Kounde will be the cb and maybe if we can convince the hammers we sign Rice for £70m with add ons 

1 hour ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I think we'll go into the season with Broja, Abraham, Werner & Havertz as our striking options. 

I think we'll probably make two signings a cb and either a midfielder or a player that can play multiple positions. It seems Kounde will be the cb and maybe if we can convince the hammers we sign Rice for £70m with add ons 

Not with Chelsea saying they will listen o offers for TA, all over SSN btw

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Not with Chelsea saying they will listen o offers for TA, all over SSN btw

Do we honestly believe anything sky sports says though? According to them a bid for Haaland is right round the corner let alone when we were apparently agreeing contract terms with Hakimi and looked 'likely to sign him'.

I don't really believe anything online unless its from a few proven journalists. As far as the media go they will run any story for clicks and views.

If Tammy is to leave its most likely because he wants to not because of the club. It will be more likely a search for more regular minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

With RLC not in the 26 man squad for the Super Cup, despite us only having Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho for that position, with the latter not having had a single minute of game time in Pre Season, surely we are going to buy another CM.

Any credible rumours on that front? 

53 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

With RLC not in the 26 man squad for the Super Cup, despite us only having Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho for that position, with the latter not having had a single minute of game time in Pre Season, surely we are going to buy another CM.

Hopefully it means we have a buyer lined up and he will be on his way soon. He needs somewhere to be a main player to rebuild himself imo.

2 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

Also no, no solid or even small links to a midfielder.

I believe that is in part due to Lukaku being the priority and thar our main target, Rice, we are jsut about ready to give up on.