Random Rumours

Money

15 hours ago, weetee said:

Not really a rumor but Rennes just bought a 14m defensive midfielder - I wonder if Camavinga will transfer this season already; quite likely imho. I doubt we're after him but that could lead to quite some shifting around in the DM market.

oh..just noticed that Bakayoko is linked to Rennes as well.

I hear a lot about camavinga as being a very hot prospect. 

But haven't seen him play a lot. 

What kind of a play is he? 

He doesn't look like a physical monster. So

Is he more a vaccuum cleaner with a crazy engine that you see everywhere like Kanté?

Is he more of an anklebiter or more the footballing type from the back, ... 

Edited by Night-T

1 hour ago, Night-T said:

I hear a lot about camavinga as being a very hot prospect. 

But haven't seen him play a lot. 

What kind of a play is he? 

He doesn't look like a physical monster. So

Is he more a vaccuum cleaner with a crazy engine that you see everywhere like Kanté?

Is he more of an anklebiter or more the footballing type from the back, ... 

Haven't seen him much myself - but what I gathered was some kind of "disciplined" version of Pogba. Great passing range and good technique paired with a very good football IQ while being highly dynamic. I imagine some kind of mix of Jorgi/Kanté - very interesting player for sure but I don't know if he's a good sole #6 in front of a back four (Busquets style) since what I saw from him is more of a box-to-box player. Maybe someone else here knows him better though.

1 hour ago, TheGreatestGame said:

Fab Romano tweeted today that Rennes will look to sell Carnavinga for 35 million Euro by August 31. Get it done Marina. 

Matt Law reported we won’t sign a midfielder unless something changes in the last few days of the window. Maybe Camavinga for that price will get us involved.

6 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Matt Law reported we won’t sign a midfielder unless something changes in the last few days of the window. Maybe Camavinga for that price will get us involved.

That would be a huge mistake by Chelsea, with Kante's injury history and inconsistent play with Jorghinio and Kovacic. Camavinga could compete for a starting position as a box to box midfielder 

That would be a huge mistake by Chelsea, with Kante's injury history and inconsistent play with Jorghinio and Kovacic. Camavinga could compete for a starting position as a box to box midfielder 

Have to agree with u 100% mate.

What are we gonna do with a box to box midfielder though? I'd bet no one at the club is currently looking at players whose main trait is running towards the opponent's box. In Tuchel's mind we are a double pivot team now and that is definitive. Even if we were to switch to back 4 our middle of the park would be double pivot behind Mount.

Can you really picture Tuchel fielding Kanté-Camavinga or Kovacic-Camavinga (e.g. a double pivot of 2 transitional box to box players) in a PL game? His idea is to control the midfield through passing and positional play rather than sheer athleticism, that's why Jorgi is so undroppable (it has taken Kanté and Kovacic until last season to make up for that and form a decent CM pairing). And I agree with him, with one of the double pivots mentioned above I'd be very worried about leaving our back line exposed. We'd immediately drop one or two levels as a title contender. I could only picture Camavinga playing with Jorginho as a third option behind the more well-rounded and PL-proven Kanté or Kovacic, still leaving us without cover for Jorginho other than the Kanté-Kovacic combo and putting obstacles in the way of Billy's future at the club.

I do agree that I'd like to see more attacking threat (in terms of distribution and direct attempts on goal) from CM, but through individidual qualities and not through a completely different type of midfielder. That applies to Jorginho himself, who has shown signs of becoming a bit more daring at the start of this season, and any potential back up. Any midfielder we sign this summer needs to at least be capable of positional discipline.

Saul Niguez, particularly if available on loan, simply ticks all the boxes. No brainer

4 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

I tend to agree with your sentiment, the only thing I can think of is that Tuchel did say he is willing to put Chalobah in midfield.

23 hours ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

What are we gonna do with a box to box midfielder though? I'd bet no one at the club is currently looking at players whose main trait is running towards the opponent's box. In Tuchel's mind we are a double pivot team now and that is definitive. Even if we were to switch to back 4 our middle of the park would be double pivot behind Mount.

Can you really picture Tuchel fielding Kanté-Camavinga or Kovacic-Camavinga (e.g. a double pivot of 2 transitional box to box players) in a PL game? His idea is to control the midfield through passing and positional play rather than sheer athleticism, that's why Jorgi is so undroppable (it has taken Kanté and Kovacic until last season to make up for that and form a decent CM pairing). And I agree with him, with one of the double pivots mentioned above I'd be very worried about leaving our back line exposed. We'd immediately drop one or two levels as a title contender. I could only picture Camavinga playing with Jorginho as a third option behind the more well-rounded and PL-proven Kanté or Kovacic, still leaving us without cover for Jorginho other than the Kanté-Kovacic combo and putting obstacles in the way of Billy's future at the club.

I do agree that I'd like to see more attacking threat (in terms of distribution and direct attempts on goal) from CM, but through individidual qualities and not through a completely different type of midfielder. That applies to Jorginho himself, who has shown signs of becoming a bit more daring at the start of this season, and any potential back up. Any midfielder we sign this summer needs to at least be capable of positional discipline.

Saul Niguez, particularly if available on loan, simply ticks all the boxes. No brainer

Disagree. Niquez is nothing more than a backup at this stage of his career. If Chelsea wants to win the PL they need to improve their starting midfielders. I don't see how spending 60 to 70 million pounds for Kounde makes this team better. It seems that they are prioritizing that acquisition which is also tied to selling Zouma. They can acquire either Camavinga or Tchouameni for half that price and they will compete for a starting position. Tchouamnei could also be a very valuable backup for Kante given his injury history. 

Edited by TheGreatestGame

I don't think that those players are tied to one another. Tchouameni I guess has a lot to do with the CL quali (or not) of Monaco. That's likely the reason there hasn't been any progress.

Koundé I guess is indeed tied to selling players first - not just in terms of bigger "war chest" but also in terms of the amount of CBs we have to keep happy - already one more now with Tev. That's just my opinion of course.

Disagree. Niquez is nothing more than a backup at this stage of his career. If Chelsea wants to win the PL they need to improve their starting midfielders. I don't see how spending 60 to 70 million pounds for Kounde makes this team better. It seems that they are prioritizing that acquisition which is also tied to selling Zouma. They can acquire either Camavinga or Tchouameni for half that price and they will compete for a starting position. Tchouamnei could also be a very valuable backup for Kante given his injury history. 

What do you mean at this stage of his career? He's only 26 and starts for the team that just won La Liga. Sounds like you're making out he's coming to the end of his career, when realistically he's just entering his peak.

12 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

What do you mean at this stage of his career? He's only 26 and starts for the team that just won La Liga. Sounds like you're making out he's coming to the end of his career, when realistically he's just entering his peak.

Don't you remember how easily Chelsea was able to get through Athletico Madrid midfield during last year's Champions League? Niquez also has had a history of kidney problems. AM isn't.even using him as a midfielder any more. I don't see how this guy is much better than RLC or Ampadu at this point. Tchouameni would be a much better option as younger, stronger and better overall player. 

This last week of the window has been insane so far, this could end up being the most legendary transfer window of all time. If Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe all move alongside big transfers for Lukaku, Grealish, Ramos and Sancho to name a handful we could be looking at the craziest silly season for some time.

What do people think of the Mbappe stuff, I never understood how players can go for so much in their last season. Don't get me wrong the Hazard deal was great but, I do wonder how these big fees can be justified. I also wonder knowing CR7 (not personally ofc) if seeing Messi and Mbappe amongst others has made him pine for the limelight again and that's one of the reasons he's pushing for a move (+ sporting reasons).

On 25/08/2021 at 02:40, TheGreatestGame said:

Don't you remember how easily Chelsea was able to get through Athletico Madrid midfield during last year's Champions League? Niquez also has had a history of kidney problems. AM isn't.even using him as a midfielder any more. I don't see how this guy is much better than RLC or Ampadu at this point. Tchouameni would be a much better option as younger, stronger and better overall player. 

We walked through Real's midfield a lot easier and i'd still take Modric/Kroos/Casemiro at Chelsea. He's head and shoulders ahead of RLC and Ampadu as of right now and i'm a massive RLC fan. As for Tchouameni, if we're going for the league/CL again i'd rather have some experience in the squad over someone with less than 70 league appearances to his name. Could end up being another Bakayoko, if we want youth we should have kept Billy around.

10 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Can't see much point in loan out CHO to Dortumound, unless it's a sub plot to sign one of their star player. Traore is awesome running at people, if only his end product it's only 1/2 as good as his running

If he gets good play time there, maybe taking Sanchos spot, could be great for him.

On 26/08/2021 at 15:18, RIP Mourinho said:

We walked through Real's midfield a lot easier and i'd still take Modric/Kroos/Casemiro at Chelsea. He's head and shoulders ahead of RLC and Ampadu as of right now and i'm a massive RLC fan. As for Tchouameni, if we're going for the league/CL again i'd rather have some experience in the squad over someone with less than 70 league appearances to his name. Could end up being another Bakayoko, if we want youth we should have kept Billy around.

Can’t see the Saul Niguez move happening, and if he is to move he will most likely end up at Utd where he is guaranteed game time. There is no point leaving his comfort zone in Atletico to come and ride the bench here.