• Romeu
    • Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Torres
    • Meireles
    • Mata
    • Essien
    • Malouda

I can't think of anyone else except for Cech. He picked up crosses and corners when we were under the weather and introduced a calmness that was more often than not missing in the second half.

No one else comes close to deserving it. Even Torres, who was going well, went astray late in the game.

Torres for me, really deserved a goal, and people can say what they want about repeating this. He just doesn't get the service highlighted by a few of Ramires through balls today, but he worked hard, got the assist after showing great technique with the overhead kick, and should of had to penalties.

I also went for Mata. Wasn't his best ever game but still looked like the only creative player with a genuine idea how to break down a well organised defence. With Sturridge out it is as if all our players seem to think, 'get the ball, give it to Mata, then hope'

I voted for Torres, because of how often he chased back. He even made two good tackles near half way line. Still, whenever Torres plays our attack does not look like a well-oiled machine... Confusing.

Defo Torres for me. Not a great game by any means but there were flashes, and that's more than we can say about anyone else. Should have had two pens. Great effort for the goal. At least one other tidy effort, and some moments of skill. He also put himself about defensively.

Mata? Disappointing. Glimpses but nothing more.

Our back four were shocking, apart from Terry.

Great to see Essien back. He played well.

Edit: Personally, I think Bendtner was our best player, but there you go.

Edited by Davey Baby

Went for Torres, bjd wont be happy :smile:

wait until he hears I've voted for mikel.

thought torres, mata and lamps all had decent games. mata did tire late on though and I thought meireles should have been off for essien. don't see what complaint can be made of ramires today- well out of position but put in a good shift.

romeu had his worst game for the club. if mikel made the same amount of mistakes spread over three games people would be saying abramovich should fire him. out of a cannon. but that happens with young players.

Torres.

Every game he seems to be improving, and he is also helping the team. Apart from not scoring, he done nothing wrong.

I honestly feel sorry for him. I dont think it's a question of form anymore, or confidence. A player which wasnt confident wouldnt attempt what he attempted. Also his positioning looks tons better.

Next step... A goal.

Cech for the clean sheet, and some of his distribution was good too.

Torres desperately unlucky.

Cole needs to step down and let Bertrand in against Naaarich.

When is Ivan back? Or at least Hutch in for Bosingwa?

Torres put in a good shift ,all he needs is a little luck in front of goal now. The scissor kick wasnt the attempt of a player who feels he is low on form. As for that Lampard all he does is score goals, get from box to box and play some nice passes.... some would have us believe he is finished. Not sure why he's the one given the hook on 70 mins though, maybe he should learn portuguese.

Torres was my choice as well. He was as snakebitten as ever, but every few minutes he would pop up with an excellent run or explosive move to present us a quality opportunity.

I know it doesnt matter because he wasnt sent off, but I would like to see if we could get that yellow card rescinded. Not just because of a potential ban after five (though I guess it resets in January....not sure) but just because the second was total bullsh*t. Twice he outfoxed their backline and twice he was felled and given nothing. It would be nice to have some official acknowledgement that it wasnt a dive and was, in fact, a penalty.

I also thought JT was excellent, but that is par for the course. Romeu also looked our most composed and mature midfielder out there, its amazing how calm he looks on the ball no matter where he gets it.

The Bison looked great. I hope thats the Essien we get for the rest of the year

Torres put in a good shift ,all he needs is a little luck in front of goal now. The scissor kick wasnt the attempt of a player who feels he is low on form. As for that Lampard all he does is score goals, get from box to box and play some nice passes.... some would have us believe he is finished. Not sure why he's the one given the hook on 70 mins though, maybe he should learn portuguese.

I like Meireles but he's been poor that last few matches. Thought Lampard should have stayed on and Meireles off..

Torres - if he didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all it seems.

I feel so sorry for Torres. He just can't get a goal. Nice to see him work hard though. He wont give up.

So he gets my vote.

If Torres fired the ball towards an open net a pigeon would swoop down and knock it off target. That's the kind of bad luck he's having at the moment.

I'm going for Torres as well, 1 assist and taken down for two pens, plus he worked hard defensively and looks sharp. Thought Luiz had a steady enough game until his

awful positioning near the end to let Benther through on goal.