abramovich

Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

f**king hell....

The lad has a 1 in 2 ratio this season, has assists, and played a big part in other goals (winning freekicks, pens, robbing the ball of defenders etc)

We are top of the league, we have the best goal difference of all teams and a striker who is scoring and making goals.

What is the issue? seems like some people havenever heard the phrase "the grass is always greener"

Just feel there could be better availible to us, is that so bad? some people dont think luiz is good enough, its an oppinion!!

Torres and Luiz are here as eye candy for the girls.....Seriously though, even though Torres isnt doing what we HOPED he would do , he is still crucial to the mechanics of the team...A cog amoungst cogs....He helps half a dozen others score

The 4th at Spuds summed it up. Stood on his heels, not sure where to go whereas Sturridge was desperate to score, so he did.

Exactly what I was thinking at the time. I hated him so much when he played for The Red sh*te that I never noticed that he lacked instinct. But it's pretty obvious now. Not something strikers tend to lose. Obviously pace can go and confidence but not instinct so I can only assume he never had it.

I thought for the Sturridge goal he had taken a decent position, Sturridge went central so torres went far. If anything that shows good sense that Sturridge was ahead so he went in, Torres stayed back for a pull back to give the defender a decision to make.

Torres and Luiz are here as eye candy for the girls.....Seriously though, even though Torres isnt doing what we HOPED he would do , he is still crucial to the mechanics of the team...A cog amoungst cogs....He helps half a dozen others score

Torres? Eye candy for the girls? You're having a laugh, aren't you? Eye candy for the boys, more like!

Torres? Eye candy for the girls? You're having a laugh, aren't you? Eye candy for the boys, more like!

i hate to derail this thread any further, but every single one of my friends (females) finds him attractive

If it was darren bent up fornt for us, playing exactly the same way as Torres.... would it have been good enough or would we want somthing a bit more?

What do you mean by "playing exactly the same way"? Do you mean that he'd have the same goals to game ratio or do you mean that every individual action on the pitch would be identical?

If it's the former, then I would want more, because all that Darren Bent is good for is scoring goals. He's one of the most one-dimensional players in England. If it's the latter, then I'd feel the same as I do about Torres.

If your implication is that people are clouded by Torres' "name value", then I don't think that's at all accurate. I never wanted Torres in the first place so I have no attachment to defending him on a personal level, but now that he's here I'll evaluate him based on his merits in as fair and unbiased a manner as I can.

Poor today. Lost the ball pretty much every touch. Unfortunately Sturridge barely got a touch when he came on, so he won't have been able to do much to improve his case for starting.

Guest RFC_CFC

The service into him was terrible tonight and it was the same for Studge.

When Torres was a very, very good striker he was all about scoring goals aswell. From everywhere with clinical finishing, fantastic speed and a killer-instinct. He has lost every single one of those abilities by now. I don`t think anyone with hand on heart can say that Torres hasn`t dissapointed then in his time here.So poor tonight that you would rather have Grant Holt out there.

Time to leave. Would be the best scenario for both parts.

Poor today. Lost the ball pretty much every touch. Unfortunately Sturridge barely got a touch when he came on, so he won't have been able to do much to improve his case for starting.

That's harsh. There were a number of occasions in the first half where he created danger on the edges of their box but didn't get the support he needed. I don't think he had a good game, but I didn't see him lose the ball as often as you claim.

Unfortunately Sturridge barely got a touch when he came on, so he won't have been able to do much to improve his case for starting.

torres does that for him

please di matteo, youve made good changes before. cahill needs to be our other centre back and sturridge needs to be our centre forward.

True. When you consider that when Shaktar got the ball on the edge of the box they had about 3 or 4 players breaking into the box, with others up in support out wide, and when we were in the same position it was Torres back to goal, with Hazard, Mata and Oscar all farther away from the goal than him, it's not a surprise we created very little. But still, when he did get it he did his usual attempts to turn and trick his way past 3 or 4 players in a tight crowd and lose it every time. Unbearably frustrating to watch at times.

His first touch tonight was appalling, and he dribbled into trouble far too often.but he was left isolated and had very little help at times.

Guest RFC_CFC

True. When you consider that when Shaktar got the ball on the edge of the box they had about 3 or 4 players breaking into the box, with others up in support out wide, and when we were in the same position it was Torres back to goal, with Hazard, Mata and Oscar all farther away from the goal than him, it's not a surprise we created very little. But still, when he did get it he did his usual attempts to turn and trick his way past 3 or 4 players in a tight crowd and lose it every time. Unbearably frustrating to watch at times.

Yeah he's not going to burst past players anymore so I dont know why he keeps trying it tbh.

If we are going to play him then we should at least put balls into the box for him.

It seems to me that we have a lot to work on when it comes to our offence. At times the players doesn't quite seem to know what they are supposed to do. No clear plans.

And the teamwork between fron three midfielders and Torres doesn't quite work out.

Also, how often has someone played a long ball behind the opponents defence for Torres? I can't remember that happening very often.

We need to work more on our attacking plays. We have the skill, but not the execution at the moment.

Thought he did okay in the first half. Some great skill and footwork, but again frustrating by making the wrong decision at the crucial time.

Second half he was poor, but then again, most of our attacking players were and all were far too wasteful.