Etienne Capoue

Ruud_bwoy

Care to elaborate? I don't know anything about him.

Actually just saw the price that was mentioned in the article and it was £8m, for that price I would be very tempted as it would be nice to have a destroyer again. Would rather him than Fellaini to be honest.

But yeah, he's basically the same as Tiote with the added annoying habit of long passes and runs forward which more often than not break down. Get him to sit and anchor and you'll have a very good player on your hands.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd definitely prefer De Rossi, but if that doesn't happen this wouldn't be a bad plan B I suppose..

Having only seen him play half a dozen times or so, I'm not sure he'd give us much more than what we already get from Mikel.

He's French, so y'know. Arsenal.

I think hes much better than Mikel.I think Capoue is really suited to the Prem aswell.

Do you watch him often? The team does need a better DM and options are low. De Rossi had opportunities to leave Roma before and didn't, while Matic is being priced out of a move.

Wasn't Sissoko the bigger prospect though?

Makelele had a huge cock (and no THFC I'm not talking about your badge).  So, I think it's all in our best interests if Capoue's member is measured, perhaps by anyone willing from this forum (Val, Moi?) to make sure he "stacks up" against Claude.

Do you watch him often? The team does need a better DM and options are low. De Rossi had opportunities to leave Roma before and didn't, while Matic is being priced out of a move.

Wasn't Sissoko the bigger prospect though?

Sissoko's not a DM though.

Sissoko's not a DM though.

He isn't? I know Pardew played him as an attacking midfielder but I remembered an interview where SIssoko said he doesn't see himself in that position for the long term.

Makelele had a huge cock (and no THFC I'm not talking about your badge).  So, I think it's all in our best interests if Capoue's member is measured, perhaps by anyone willing from this forum (Val, Moi?) to make sure he "stacks up" against Claude.

Sometimes less is more, Scott...

He isn't? I know Pardew played him as an attacking midfielder but I remembered an interview where SIssoko said he doesn't see himself in that position for the long term.

He was a former DM but he was moved farther up the pitch to an almost attacking midfield role. He was fairly average at defending hence why his former coach moved him up, he had too many other qualities. I saw him play what was almost a right wing role against Nice (I think) last year and it wasn't a remotely defensive role.

Archived