Beckham to join Chelsea!

DELBY

No not David .... but his son Brooklyn.

Apparently he's had a successful trial at Cobham and will join Chelsea's academy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2266872/Beckham-trial-Chelsea--is-David-son-Brooklyn.html

Bit of fun gossip to lighten the pages.  Not sure it terms anywhere that his trial was succesful, just that he trialled.

Good positive PR for our academy tho:

'Chelsea are one of the strongest academies in the country. The difference is that he is the son of the former England captain and this will draw attention.'

A statement on the academy section of the club's website reads: 'To produce home-grown professional footballers capable of competing with Europe's elite players. A talented young footballer wanting to play for Chelsea needs to strive to be among the best in the world.

'Producing a core of our own young talent has never been more challenging; nor has it ever been more worthwhile. The development of young players is vital to the long-term success of any football club.'

Thank god it's the kid!  Didn't realise he was old enough!  For one awful moment I thought Mr Posh was going to be our new manager - though to be fair, rather him than FSW

B.O.

Absolutely, most pro football clubs have academies for U8's so 7yrs upwards.

I feel a bit sorry for any of his kids who want to get a career in football, they will have to prove themselves more than most young players and will always have problems.

Not so sure, plenty of high profile Father Son examples in football - Zidane, Maldini and our own SFL - if they love the game......

No not David .... but his son Brooklyn.

Apparently he's had a successful trial at Cobham and will join Chelsea's academy.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2266872/Beckham-trial-Chelsea--is-David-son-Brooklyn.html

Bit of fun gossip to lighten the pages. Not sure it terms anywhere that his trial was succesful, just that he trialled.

Successful according to Skysports.

Can you imagine having one of the Beckham kids in your youth team? What a nightmare and I'm not even talking about the pressure of having their dad judge the way you're training them, or the stick from their mum when you don't pick the little cherrub.

They'd hardly ever be there, they spend their time jetting all over the world, not worrying about a commitment to a youth football team, and when they did turn up they'd be knackered from being out late at the latest film premier that their mother needs them to attend!

But who am I to judge, they're just kids and as such they should be allowed to play football the same as any.other kid.

Good luck master Beckham, work hard and who knows.....

I feel a bit sorry for any of his kids who want to get a career in football, they will have to prove themselves more than most young players and will always have problems.
I think it works both ways though. Would he of even had a trial in the first place if he wasn't Beckham's son?

Big fan of Beckham. Will always remember that free kick against Greece. Great player. Great pro and a fine ambassador for English Football. Don't understand the hate towards him. 

If his son has potential, then why not? 

I think it works both ways though. Would he of even had a trial in the first place if he wasn't Beckham's son?

True enough, but I still think being the son of a famous footballer will be a hinderance more than a help over his career.

Archived