Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

30 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Blimey, that underlines just how bad the situation is. That it is deemed "really important" to secure the services of a player, who, from recollection, has not contributed one goal or one assist nor done a great deal else of note either. He's just OKAY, but it's important we have him!!

I think saying it's important we sign him is not the correct way to term it.  He literally is the only player we would be able to sign permanently with the ban in place, so I think it's just a given that we will buy him especially if we can get a good price for him.  Goals or not, he improves our midfield depth and he should be better in the PL after gaining experience here this season.  Still not expecting the goals though, but we can hope.  He did have 2 assists though, so don't short him there ha!  1 against Watford and 1 against Liverpool.  Both to Hazard.

Edited by mwblue10

Having a billionaire owner sure makes negotiating easier. When you're willing to sit Costa for a year and let him rot, you get €60M.

When you're able to let Hazard go on a free, you can get a much better price. 

Negotiate from a position of strength. And even when Chelsea looks to have the weakened position, it's still strong, because "we don't need your f@#$in money" 

1 minute ago, Skinnedy said:

Having a billionaire owner sure makes negotiating easier. When you're willing to sit Costa for a year and let him rot, you get €60M.

When you're able to let Hazard go on a free, you can get a much better price. 

Negotiate from a position of strength. And even when Chelsea looks to have the weakened position, it's still strong, because "we don't need your f@#$in money" 

I wonder what the add-ons are, probably something to do with RM winning La Liga or the CL.  If we end up getting the full 130m, it's a pretty good deal, certainly much better than the 88m that was rumored before.

1 minute ago, mwblue10 said:

I wonder what the add-ons are, probably something to do with RM winning La Liga or the CL.  If we end up getting the full 130m, it's a pretty good deal, certainly much better than the 88m that was rumored before.

I'm sure the big ones are appearances and minutes played. Those are easily achievable. 

We should seriously have about €300M of sales in the bank come next summer. 

Hopefully there will still be a great crop of young players available to rebuild. 

Hate missing out on the likes of Pepe and Jovic this season. 

8 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I'm sure the big ones are appearances and minutes played. Those are easily achievable. 

We should seriously have about €300M of sales in the bank come next summer. 

Hopefully there will still be a great crop of young players available to rebuild. 

Hate missing out on the likes of Pepe and Jovic this season. 

I really wanted us to get those guys too, but I just keep reminding myself that there will always be good players that come along.  2 years ago Pepe and Jovic were not even known, so we'll definitely have options next summer.  And like you said, we should have a nice war chest built up.

Sky Sports and some other papers say it's £88m rising to £130m with bonuses.

If that's the case I doubt it is as simple as making a certain amount of appearances, you've got to think it's a significant amount of goals and assists or winning the Liga/CL or Ballon D'or.

10 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Sky Sports and some other papers say it's £88m rising to £130m with bonuses.

If that's the case I doubt it is as simple as making a certain amount of appearances, you've got to think it's a significant amount of goals and assists or winning the Liga/CL or Ballon D'or.

Yeah just appearances seems too easy

Must be contingent on various things. La Liga, UCL, Appearances/Goals, MOTM performances.. 

Either way, getting 88m as a bare minimum with it potentially rising upto 130 is still not too bad as long as Hazard doesn't flop at madrid (which nobody thinks he will)

Wish him well, i actually atarted this thread 6 years ago, and he has been my favourite player ever since. A real entertainer that has managed to fire the club to 2 titles.

Great player, he will be sorely missed, but life goes on, and as the old cliche goes, the club is bigger than any player. 

Kills me to say this but good luck in Madrid, Eden. Wish we could have delivered a Champions League during your time in London - maybe we could have kept you for longer. Hope this is a see you later and not a goodbye. But change can be good - let's just hope we invest this money wisely once we are able to actually use it! Who knows, maybe we'll find a player or two who can be even better.