Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

A great shame he's left and good luck to him at Real Madrid - hope he has lots of personal success there ... and win's absolutely nothing ... ?

Hazard didn't play any part in 11 of our competitive fixtures in the season just ended ... and we won 10 and drew 1 ... scoring 33 goals and conceding 6.

Granted many of those fixtures were not exactly against the greatest sides in the world, but a good enough record regardless to give cause for optimism for next season, even with no expensive additions to the squad.

If you haven't watched it already, the 110 Hazard goals video is well worth a watch ... he even scored 5 headers LOL.

Im a lucky chelsea fan. Im 33, and i cant reqlly remember what it was like to have a star player leave in his prime. Robben was probably the closest, but he hadnt made as bug of an impact as hazard has. When you consider every team in the country has had to go through it with the likes of Ronaldo, Suarez, Fabregas, Bale etc, we have had an incredible run of keeping our star players. 

its a strange feeling to be honest, very sad i wont see him in a chelsea shirt again. Im hoping he doesn't get a closer affinity to real madrid than he has with us, so we might see him line up with legends team when he hangs his boots up!

1 minute ago, Mod Stark said:

It will never get moved eh @coco

I think Eden has earned the right for his own Chelsea topic regardless of where he is (other than Tottenham)

Unless he scores against us and celebrates, then it's gloves off.

6 hours ago, JAT said:

I just watched the video of all his goals, I don’t remember being this sad about any other player leaving us.

Thank you Eden and good luck, the Premier League is going to miss you.

I was devestated when Juan left. Makes this a little easier 

1 hour ago, cuppaT said:

I just realised Barca are my fave Spanish side. Come on Messi lad.

But seriously, Madrid is my fave City in Europe, but I ******* hate Real. Hope he flops. 

Barca and Madrí can go and f**k themselves, Aúpa Athlétic!

As I said before, can't wish Hazard good luck professionally as I hope Madrid flops, but if he comes to the Bridge I'll be applauding him at the beginning and end (and boo his snake colleague).

Really hope he has a horrid time there, fans turn on him like they do at that hellhole, and hes coming back to us next summer. It will also be a lesson hopefully to all those other players who say its their dream and want to leave us. 

As for the player, hes the best ive seen in my lifetime. Hes carried us to more or less all our recent successes and cups and what a guy he seems off the pitch. Its hard seeing him leave and was even harder reading his message. I dont think any Chelsea fan can thank him enough for all hes done for us. And i know its not the time, but to think how many people were saying mid season we should sell him because he doesnt fit sarris style and system, pathetic.

Anyway thanks Eden, i can only hope you will return one day.

1 hour ago, Oli said:

Really hope he has a horrid time there, fans turn on him like they do at that hellhole, and hes coming back to us next summer. It will also be a lesson hopefully to all those other players who say its their dream and want to leave us. 

Awww, that's so sweet.

:face_palm:

Edited by Valerie