Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I now buy into the comments from yesteryear of how he's been played into the ground before even joining us. He does truly look like he's 29/30 on the pitch. I believe things would be different if we'd have groomed him for a central role instead of wide. It's far easier to become part of the play when you're in the middle. And there's nothing wrong with the old 4-2-3-1; Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Terry, Alonso; Kante, Matic; Pedro, Hazard, Willian; Costa.

It isn't rocket science. Our defence would suffer, but our attack would thrive. I'd have full confidence of getting at least 1 goal more than each team we face in such a set up.

Didn't have his greatest game for sure and like the second half against Hull I thought he looked quite leggy, but then this was hardly the game where we were up the pitch often and getting the front players involved. 

Don't see why people would be that angry given the way the game went. 

Just now, enigma said:

looks knackered. maybe a rest? 

I think he looks fine physically, it's just that today he never got any help. Just like Costa and Willian.

There is no way he can be tired. He's only played Premier League games this season and for the most part has been getting a full week off before playing another game.

I already said that his attacking partners did exactly zero. Willy was even worst. Same for Costa and he denied us from 2 more points. But everyone miss a penalty, and unlike Hazard, Costa barely have poor game.

I`m sorry but i dont buy this. Hazard is poor from quite some time.

Liverpool players was outrunning him and he was falling down from nothing. Misses some passes and have terrible game. And i expected him to make a impact, but when ?

And i don`t see anyone say SELL HIM or something, so such posts is useless.

1 hour ago, brakeit said:

I already said that his attacking partners did exactly zero. Willy was even worst. Same for Costa and he denied us from 2 more points. But everyone miss a penalty, and unlike Hazard, Costa barely have poor game.

I`m sorry but i dont buy this. Hazard is poor from quite some time.

Liverpool players was outrunning him and he was falling down from nothing. Misses some passes and have terrible game. And i expected him to make a impact, but when ?

And i don`t see anyone say SELL HIM or something, so such posts is useless.

I'm not saying any player we could replace him with would be as flashy, as nice, as endearing, as marketable, as lovable as Hazard, but there are players who are far more effective from his position, game in, game out. One player i'd be so intrigued to swap him with (theoretically) is Thomas Muller (best time to buy him; bad form; scores on avg. 1 every 3 games.) Such different players, but the latter is such a strong clog in an otherwise flawless machine (not the case if he joined us.) But my point is, Hazard contributes nothing to the team other than being an attacking outlet - there are players out there however, who play the same position, score more goals, AND offer more defensively + more.

I don't want him to go, ever. I do love him. But, I also accept we've seen better players. Even Duff. But that's more to do with how underrated the latter is, than the former being overrated.

Edited by Katyusha

13 minutes ago, FLYMJ said:

Another big away game where he goes missing. When will people learn.

He is not in his best form for sure, but in this game all our three attackers were isolated, while Liverpool controlled the central midfield. What I learned is that we need a three man central midfield with Fabregas and build our attacks from there. 

23 minutes ago, Katyusha said:

I'm not saying any player we could replace him with would be as flashy, as nice, as endearing, as marketable, as lovable as Hazard, but there are players who are far more effective from his position, game in, game out. One player i'd be so intrigued to swap him with (theoretically) is Thomas Muller (best time to buy him; bad form; scores on avg. 1 every 3 games.) Such different players, but the latter is such a strong clog in an otherwise flawless machine (not the case if he joined us.) But my point is, Hazard contributes nothing to the team other than being an attacking outlet - there are players out there however, who play the same position, score more goals, AND offer more defensively + more.

I don't want him to go, ever. I do love him. But, I also accept we've seen better players. Even Duff. But that's more to do with how underrated the latter is, than the former being overrated.

Duff better than Hazard? Ive heard it all now.

And in what way do you define effectiveness exactly? Because in my book a winger who is mid to late teens in goal and assists every season aswell as regularly contributing healthy stats with the key pass, key dribble etc is damm effective to me.

2 minutes ago, FLYMJ said:

No. I want a player with bottle, who performs when it matters.

Giving hes already stepped up and carried us to a title while his teammates underperformed i guess players have to score and get 7/10s in every big game to consider having bottle in you're world?

28 minutes ago, Argo said:

Giving hes already stepped up and carried us to a title while his teammates underperformed i guess players have to score and get 7/10s in every big game to consider having bottle in you're world?

So because a player had a great run of form for 5 months he has bottle in your world? 

The fact of the matter is Hazard simply doesn't produce the goods when he is needed most. 

He has been here for 5 years and is living off a purple patch.

Edited by FLYMJ

52 minutes ago, FLYMJ said:

So because a player had a great run of form for 5 months he has bottle in your world? 

The fact of the matter is Hazard simply doesn't produce the goods when he is needed most. 

He has been here for 5 years and is living off a purple patch.

A purple patch? Jesus Christ.

Hottest young property in the world when he came to us, regularly hits teens for goals and assists as a winger, has heavily contributed to 3 trophies in 4 years which will likely soon become 4 in 5, always at the top of key dribbles. Even tonight he creates four decent openings.

What is you're definition for producing the goods when it matters most exactly? Because I tell you now I have watched every single Chelsea game at Anfield since the mid 90s and Lampard, Zola, Drogba, Terry have produced worse displays at that ground than Hazard last night, that I promise you.

If Eden was at Atletico, Dortmund or Juve you and everyone else saying he "isn't doing enough" would be camped in the rumours section of this forum begging for his signing.

22 minutes ago, Argo said:

A purple patch? Jesus Christ.

Hottest young property in the world when he came to us, regularly hits teens for goals and assists as a winger, has heavily contributed to 3 trophies in 4 years which will likely soon become 4 in 5, always at the top of key dribbles. Even tonight he creates four decent openings.

What is you're definition for producing the goods when it matters most exactly? Because I tell you now I have watched every single Chelsea game at Anfield since the mid 90s and Lampard, Zola, Drogba, Terry have produced worse displays at that ground than Hazard last night, that I promise you.

If Eden was at Atletico, Dortmund or Juve you and everyone else saying he "isn't doing enough" would be camped in the rumours section of this forum begging for his signing.

Regularly hits teens for goals and assists? Wrong. Open play goals: 12/13 = 10, 13/14 = 12, 14/15 = 13, 15/16= 5, 16/17 = 7. The one season he hit teens was fortunate because his 13th goal was a rebound from a penalty.

Has heavily contributed to 3 trophies in 4 years? Wrong. Didn't play in EL final or do anything of note bar his goal against Sparta in the L16. Would have won it without him.

Will likely soon become 4 in 5? If you remove all Hazards goals and assists Chelsea would still be top by 7 points, his only meaningful G/A was his penalty vs West Ham.

What is you're definition for producing the goods when it matters most exactly? Rising to the occasion when your team needs you. Having an impact and being decisive. 

If Eden was at Atleti, Dortmund or Juve I'd be begging for him? No I wouldn't. That would mean he would have to be producing in the big CL games, something he has yet to show he is capable of doing.

P.S I didn't even say Hazard had a shocker, I simply said it's another big away game were he has gone missing.

Some of the posts in here is just mind numbing stuff. I really hope some of you arent old enough to vote.

Off course he looked leggy in the second half, he was chasing down players and sprinting after long balls all game together with Costa. What do people expect from him? That he gets the ball deep in our own half, dribbles past 4-5 players while running the entire length of the pitch to set up a scoring chance? We couldnt string together 3 passes before Fab came on. 

Do we actually think games would have ended with the same score without Hazard creating space and dictating play? Saying hes living off a purple patch? FFS get a grip

We are at a point when people can't say he is not on the top of his game? Is Hazard untouchable? He wasn't good last night, and has been average for some time. That doesn't mean any of the fans think he is a sh*t play. However it seem's that the fans only accept if people just praise him all the time and regard him as the best thing since sliced bread. Overall he is having a good season, just not lately i'd say from the City game. Still a key player and i am certain he will deliver the goods.

Wow some harsh statements in there, believe it or not I think Conte got it slightly wrong last night the fluidity from defense to attack was not there and hence the attacking trio were left chasing long balls all night. I think Conte would've changed the system earlier had we not gone a goal up but in order to counter the high press we will need to go with 3-5-2 with Fabregas in the heart of the midfield creating that connect between defense and attack.

Apparantly he stormed past press last night post game and went straight to the bus.
Can imagine he is unhappy about being subbed off twice in a row, but he's only got himself to blame for me.

If he doesn't improve i wouldn't be overly surprised if we see 3-5-2 with Fabregas taking Hazards spot and Pedro linking up with Costa up top soon. 

Big game for Hazard against Arsenal.

Apparantly he stormed past press last night post game and went straight to the bus.
Can imagine he is unhappy about being subbed off twice in a row, but he's only got himself to blame for me.
If he doesn't improve i wouldn't be overly surprised if we see 3-5-2 with Fabregas taking Hazards spot and Pedro linking up with Costa up top soon. 

Big game for Hazard against Arsenal.

stop believing the media