Super Frank to be offered new contract

carrickblue

GGGRRRR - until we know this for sure, it should be in the Rumours section!  I've already entered the other False Hope thread about Frank tonight!

I do hope it's true, but I want to read an official club announcement before I believe it.

The press are obsessed with Frank's contract (particularly the evil, heartless Chelsea casting club legend out into the cold angle) yet Ferdinand's deal at Man U is also about to expire and there's been a barely a murmur about it.

If Frank does sign it'll show how full of sh*t the press are after months of reports claiming with certainty that he won't get a new deal and how he's set to move everywhere from Manchester to China.

More speculation, but as always we don't know what's going on behind doors.  Obviously we'd all be very happy if he were to be handed a one year extension, but "at or near what he makes today" is a lot for just a 1 year contract, no?

Also, that independent article then hints that the old guard may all be on their way out, and highlights, Cech, Terry, Cole, Benayoun, and Paulo.  Are they going to accuse us of being ruthless if we let Benny and Paulo go?

Benayoun and paulo and not up to scratch, not even as squad players imo. As for frank's contract, if mourinho comes back he'll stay. The bloke was so vague last night yet we all still think he's coming home! Until he's standing in dugout i wont believe it.

More speculation, but as always we don't know what's going on behind doors. Obviously we'd all be very happy if he were to be handed a one year extension, but "at or near what he makes today" is a lot for just a 1 year contract, no?

Also, that independent article then hints that the old guard may all be on their way out, and highlights, Cech, Terry, Cole, Benayoun, and Paulo. Are they going to accuse us of being ruthless if we let Benny and Paulo go?

Didn't Cole sign a new contract recently? I can't see the club letting Cech go either. But obviously Benayoun and Paulo will probably be released.

Imagine if after the Everton game they announce Frank is staying and Jose is returning.

but what if they announce Frank is going, Benitez is staying and Torres has signed a three year contract extension.

I wonder when Franks contract actually runs out. I was wondering if he was to join another team then he could pull out of the games in America.

I heard on the radio this week that it is 1st June.

Archived