Top 5 players so far this season

timetowaste

I had a conversation with a mate earlier about who had been the best player for our respective teams so far this season, which then led to listing a top 5 performers in order so far. I went with:

1. Oscar

2. Ramires

3. Terry

4. Cech

5. Torres

What do you lot think?

I had a conversation with a mate earlier about who had been the best player for our respective teams so far this season, which then led to listing a top 5 performers in order so far. I went with:

1. Oscar

2. Ramires

3. Terry

4. Cech

5. Torres

What do you lot think?

Can't argue so much with that. We haven't had so many terrific performers so far this season. The top 3 is definitely correct and then the next two places is a toss up between Cech, Torres, Cahill and Schurrle. I think Willian may be in the top 5 come May and Mikel should be there, but has been given too few minutes. Nobody in our team has taken the division by storm, but what I will say is if it weren't for Ramires and Terry, our season would be looking a lot more like Man U's opposed to steady contenders. 

Early days, but with a deep line and an attacking work-hard midfield, Rambo and JT will be essential to success this year.

Good list. No arguing really. Have to say it feels good to see Torres there and not because he's been better than recent seasons but because he earns to be there.

Last term it was Mata instead of Oscar and Luiz instead of JT. Shows how much quality we have.

Can't believe nobody has said Cahill!!! Also I think eto'o may come good. He's looking sharper every game. U can't blame him for the first few weeks as he lost his sharpness playing in Sunday lge Russia. People talk about his age but how old was drogba????? My 5 are;

1. Ramie

2. Oscar

3. Brano

4. Terry

5. Cahill.

Come on chels

1- Oscar

2- Terry

3- Ramires

4- Ivanovic

5- Cech

Given that they haven't played much Cahill, Dave and Mikel have also been very good.

Luiz, Lamps, Cole & Hazard all down the other end. Much room for improvement for them.

Oscar- Is the midfield captain. Has led the line.

Terry- Just a cool head. Don't think hes been responsible for any goals its usually Luiz or Cahill.

Ramires- Been more subdues and less erratic. Needs a better DM partner than Lampard to free him up.

Cech- He is Petr. Need I say more?

Torres- Was on fire before the injury.

Oscar- Is the midfield captain. Has led the line.

Terry- Just a cool head. Don't think hes been responsible for any goals its usually Luiz or Cahill.

Ramires- Been more subdues and less erratic. Needs a better DM partner than Lampard to free him up.

Cech- He is Petr. Need I say more?

Torres- Was on fire before the injury.

As good as it is that we don't have one stand out player and that its split across the group, I think this may be our come down when it comes to where the title ends up at the end of the season.

Even when we had Drogba I know people will argue that he wasn't just there to score goals he had a bigger influence on the team than that. But to win the league I think you need one, maybe two stand out players.

If we had a player in the form of an Aguero, or a Suarez, that top 5 looks like a title winning 5.

According to the Shed End MOTM votes:

By MOTM awards:

1. Torres

2. Oscar

3. Terry/Mikel/Ramires/Willian

Sum total of all individual votes:

1. Torres

2. Oscar

3. Terry

4. Mikel

5. Ramires

By weekly 'points' (3 for coming 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd):

1. Oscar

2. Torres

3. Ramires

4. Terry/Cech/Willian

Nice bit of working out Ploks, be interesting to see what it comes out at the end of the season.

Personally to date I'd go

Oscar

Ramires

Terry

Cech

Cahill

Plenty of time for that to change but I think without the players I listed the team suffers more than it does if we are without more replaceble players.

^^We lack a spine tbh. In the past we had Cech/Terry/lampard/Drogba and now what is it? Cech/Terry ...? We need to fix that.

I think Jose is still trying to work this out. Remember Jose was given this team and only really added one or two players himself. Dont get me wrong its not a bad team to be handed but it isnt his team...yet.

When Jose first turned up he had lots of new players who he signed and a few new ones he didnt. A big chunk of the team that was there before him were moved on. This time is so different and it will take longer for Jose to put his mark on it and to build the winning team he wants.

I think Jose is still trying to work this out. Remember Jose was given this team and only really added one or two players himself. Dont get me wrong its not a bad team to be handed but it isnt his team...yet.

When Jose first turned up he had lots of new players who he signed and a few new ones he didnt. A big chunk of the team that was there before him were moved on. This time is so different and it will take longer for Jose to put his mark on it and to build the winning team he wants.

You're right. I just wonder who could comprise the spine because of some uncertainty in positions and whatnot. How long will Terry last? Is Cahill good enough to be a leader at the back and the game like Terry? Can Luiz overcome his lack of concentration? Who truly is our #10? 

Does Ramires have that influence on us like Lampard did? Out-of-form strikers like Eto'o/Torres vs Drogba? 

Tbf though, back then, we had some proper balance so everything clicked. Here it may be harder to find the right spine because the team hasn't really fit together greatly in many games. 

Archived