Ezequiel Lavezzi

CFCholland
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

A fantastic player when he was at Napoli, but I don't see him coming to us.  As mentioned, I think it's merely the press clambering to have Chelsea sign PSG players and PSG signing Chelsea players.  If we believed everything the papers came up with, at the end of the PSG game, all the players would just swap shirts and keep them for next season.

A big resounding no from me. I doubt it is true anyway. Jose is currently future proofing the team and building future champions. He's phasing out the older players so bringing in another older player (hes 29 I think, not 30) wouldnt make any sense.

Besides, aren't we already oversaturated in the winger/attacking midfield position? He plays a similar position to Salah and Mata. If anything, we need at least two serious strikers and a full back or two to future proof those positions. We don't need another winger or attacking midfielder.

At a stretch, we may need a central midfielder but aren't we supposed to be going for Ross Barkley?

A big resounding no from me. I doubt it is true anyway. Jose is currently future proofing the team and building future champions. He's phasing out the older players so bringing in another older player (hes 29 I think, not 30) wouldnt make any sense.

Besides, aren't we already oversaturated in the winger/attacking midfield position? He plays a similar position to Salah and Mata. If anything, we need at least two serious strikers and a full back or two to future proof those positions. We don't need another winger or attacking midfielder.

At a stretch, we may need a central midfielder but aren't we supposed to be going for Ross Barkley?

Mata been sold

This is an interesting one, the general impression was that Lavezzi was largely in decline (compared to how dangerous he was with Napoli) and was struggling to get gametime while competing with Lucas Moura and Pastore. However he has been in fantastic form recently, no moreso than last night when he was a complete menace. In theory he would be an very good signing as he is an excellent player, however it depends which one out of his dip in form and his return to form is temporary. Plus he fits in perfectly with our recent tradition of buying players who score against us in Europe!

Have probably only seen Lavezzi play half a dozen times in his career, but each time I have been very impressed. Technically very, very good touch and control. Good movement and as we saw again on Tuesday, a decent turn of pace.

Based on what I have seen I would therefore agree with Big Blue's view in his post above.

Be funny if he played only played out of his skin the other evening just to impress Jose and Roman. 

Why do we go for players that kick the sh*t out of us in Europe? Odd that.

According to his profile he is a "forward who can also play as a winger". We need forwards, wingers not so much. 

Given our current striking options he's hardly a downgrade.

Theblueone, you just summed up what being a football fan is all about in those two posts.  :laugh2:

Haha I know. But that's what makes the game so interesting. Your entire outlook on a player or team can completely change in the space of 90 minutes.

Be funny if he played only played out of his skin the other evening just to impress Jose and Roman. 

Why do we go for players that kick the sh*t out of us in Europe? Odd that.

According to his profile he is a "forward who can also play as a winger". We need forwards, wingers not so much. 

Given our current striking options he's hardly a downgrade.

Even as a winger, he would be absolutely lethal from what I saw the other night. I had a twisting pain in my gut every time he got hold of the ball. I think I may turn grey by the end of the second leg haha.

If we were to sign a winger from PSG I'd rather it was Lucas. The lad has that natural talent that you just can't teach. The way he drifted past four of our players the other night was unbelievable. His finishing leaves something to be desired, but that can be honed with time. He's also one of the fastest players i've ever seen, right up there with Walcott and Navas, but he keeps the ball glued to his feet. He's a supreme player, and he's 20. 

If we were to sign a winger from PSG I'd rather it was Lucas. The lad has that natural talent that you just can't teach. The way he drifted past four of our players the other night was unbelievable. His finishing leaves something to be desired, but that can be honed with time. He's also one of the fastest players i've ever seen, right up there with Walcott and Navas, but he keeps the ball glued to his feet. He's a supreme player, and he's 20. 

I think hes on some obscene wages though

Not to mention PSG wont let him go